Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yahoo Reporting Mack Brown To Step Down

Apparently the NFL is expected to make a play for Saban. haha

Texans could outbid Texas. wouldnt that be fun?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Brown does step down and Saban stays at Bama, who is the guy for Texas? Was watching FS1 lastnight and they mentioned that Texas would target Super Bowl winning or National Championship winning coaches only...Tomlin/Meyer were mentioned. 

Donovan McNabb mentioned James Franklin of Vandy as the guy they should target. I think that would be a good signing, he's done about all he can do at Vanderbilt.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Seems like Texas is throwing big bags of money at Saban. Multiple reports, while who knows how reliable they are, say that sabans wife has made several trips to Texas and appears to be house shopping. Don't take these seriously. I for one would be thrilled if Saban left the SEC. He just gets 5star after 5star to Bama
The more I read, the more Saban makes sense.

Saban can go to a premier school in the country, get paid unreal money, play in an overall lesser conference and run it for at least 5-8 years. Texas just seems to be pushing the issue to hard now for it to be anything else. They have their sights set, and they want it now.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:The more I read, the more Saban makes sense.

Saban can go to a premier school in the country, get paid unreal money, play in an overall lesser conference and run it for at least 5-8 years. Texas just seems to be pushing the issue to hard now for it to be anything else. They have their sights set, and they want it now.

I agree with your take. I can see Saban wanting one last, big-money contract and riding that into retirement. Texas is going to offer the world to him and I think that he is leveraging his current negotiations with Alabama against the Texas contract offer.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I always thought the one job that Saban would leave Bama for would be the Cowboys. Give the NFL one more shot. He has nothing left to prove in college.

;

;

I think if Saban was going to stay at Bama he would have signed his contract extension already, but I think he's going to wait until Brown leaves and then will take the job at Texas.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 10:27 PM by badger.)

Quote:I think if Saban was going to stay at Bama he would have signed his contract extension already, but I think he's going to wait until Brown leaves and then will take the job at Texas.
he wants to wait for the Texas offer and use it to get more money at Alabama

or should i say, his agent wants him to wait. This guy Jimmy Sexton is good at maximizing these deals.

Quote:he wants to wait for the Texas offer and use it to get more money at Alabama

or should i say, his agent wants him to wait. This guy Jimmy Sexton is good at maximizing these deals.

Alabama can't compete with Texas when it comes to money.

Quote:Alabama can't compete with Texas when it comes to money.

wrong. Saban is the highest paid coach already. they would gladly match Texas' offer.

Quote:wrong. Saban is the highest paid coach already. they would gladly match Texas' offer.
its not about the money to him he's already stated that, and texas has a lot more money than bama does

Quote:its not about the money to him he's already stated that, and texas has a lot more money than bama does
He said he wasn't leaving the Dolphins either....

;

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 11:28 AM by badger.)

Quote:its not about the money to him he's already stated that, and texas has a lot more money than bama does
ya what trav said. and also, did you expect him to say "it's about the money"? of course he won't say that. it doesn't have to be ALL about the money, but it means something to any player and coach to maximize their deals. it doesn't mean nothing like some seem to think

i didnt say Texas isn't bigger or didnt have more money, but i guarantee that Alabama is willing and able to spend just as much as Texas on a coach.... cause they do.

When they say it's not about the money, it's usually about the money.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

It's official. Mack IS stepping down. Texas just confirmed it. He will coach his last game on Dec. 30th.

Quote:wrong. Saban is the highest paid coach already. they would gladly match Texas' offer.

No. If Saban was seriously considering Texas, Alabama could not win a bidding war with Texas.

I still think Saban is in play, but only time will tell.

;

Quote:No. If Saban was seriously considering Texas, Alabama could not win a bidding war with Texas.

Texas could hand him a blank check and he can write in his price.

Lane Kiffin?

Kiffin, no chance.

I will believe Saban out of play when paperwork is signed.

;