Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars' Greatest Games: Bills vs Jaguars 2004

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2011/3/22/2...guars-2004

One of the most underrated, and most forgotten games in recent memory. I remember when Ernest Wilford caught the game winning TD with no time left, and jumping up and down screaming in excitement. Great game. Greater memories.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ironically enough, it was Mularkey who was coaching against us at the time. Was this game an omen for Jags fans?

Wow, no other replies besides my own. I guess people on here really do not want to admit that Leftwich was a half-decent QB who kept us competitive in the division, and most importantly, during games. Unlike the QB's we have now...

Quote:Wow, no other replies besides my own. I guess people on here really do not want to admit that Leftwich was a half-decent QB who kept us competitive in the division, and most importantly, during games. Unlike the QB's we have now...

That is because you are wrong. "Greatest game in Jaguars history" and "Buffalo Bills" do not belong in the same sentence and everyone knows that.

This was the opening game of the 2004 season.  If I'm not mistaken, this was the first of several games the Jaguars won that season that came down to the wire.  This is when the team took on the nickname "The Cardiac Cats".

Quote:This was the opening game of the 2004 season.  If I'm not mistaken, this was the first of several games the Jaguars won that season that came down to the wire.  This is when the team took on the nickname "The Cardiac Cats".

It also is one I don't remember at all. I don't remember the Jaguars ever being called the Cardiac Cats either.

I remember the game.   I don't remember it as one of the Jags "greatest."   It was an exciting ending, though, for sure. 

I thought "cardiac cats" came a couple of years later - but I don't recall distinctly when it began.  

Oddly enough - they have lived up to that moniker again  in recent weeks. 

The Jaguars converted two fourth downs in that final drive. It's well deserving of being called one of the "Greatest Games"

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:It also is one I don't remember at all. I don't remember the Jaguars ever being called the Cardiac Cats either.

I do.. Leftwich to Wilford back of the end zone.

Quote:That is because you are wrong. "Greatest game in Jaguars history" and "Buffalo Bills" do not belong in the same sentence and everyone knows that.
Uh, Check the 96 playoffs

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Ironically, that was the Bills LAST winning season. Talk about falling on hard times.

Maybe Jags greatest fleecings and Bills go together....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Uh, Check the 96 playoffs
good one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ricArGEO-ss

Quote:Wow, no other replies besides my own. I guess people on here really do not want to admit that Leftwich was a half-decent QB who kept us competitive in the division, and most importantly, during games. Unlike the QB's we have now...

Unfortunately, injuries likely prevented Byron Leftwich from playing to his potential.  Admittedly now,  his long release did prove problematic.   But the Jaguars road opener in 2004 is a reminder of the physical ability, leadership, and clutch play that Leftwich often provided. 

Quote:Uh, Check the 96 playoffs

Truly one of the greatest...I doubt she's seen it though cats don't live that long.

Quote:good one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ricArGEO-ss

Thanks for the great memories I got from watching this video. The Jags were underdogs way back then, as they will be again this week against the Bills. We all remember how that worked out for the Bills, don't we??

I also clicked on the "Fred Taylor's 90 yd run" video against the Dolphins in the playoffs at home. What another great memory!!!!!!!

It has been way, way, way too long since the Jags have hosted a home playoff game. I don't want to look it up but please someone tell me it wasn't the home playoff game against the Titans when the Jags had the lead at the half and lost to them for the 3rd time that year.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 09:54 PM by knarnn.)

That's when Boselli made then future HoF Bruce Smith, coming off one of his best seasons look like an 8 year old girl.

Whooped him like he owed him money.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:It also is one I don't remember at all. I don't remember the Jaguars ever being called the Cardiac Cats either.

Must have before your time, but they certainly were....

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Dang I miss the 90s jags. Such an epic time

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 02:29 AM by Denby.)

The first three games that year were insane! Started 3-0 and all were won by three points or less maybe. I remember "The Cardiac Cats".