Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft order

Quote:So Blake Bortles might be our next quarterback because we will have a top 10 pick.

Which team are you referring to?
No idea. The guy who reported that would only say a team with a top 10 pick and need at QB had Bortles as the #1 guy on their board. Could be Houston, Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland, Minnesota, or potentially even St. Louis or Tennessee. Its a long way until the combine, but one of those teams really likes Bortles right now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He either forgot or boycotted the word Redskins. Every other team's full name is on the list.

UUmmm....the redskins have NO picks in the first round, traded away, the rams get their pick and its so noted on his list in two places.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:UUmmm....the Redskins have NO picks in the first round, traded away, the Rams get their pick and it's so noted on his list in two places.

If you click on the site, you will see all 32 teams are listed by division on the left. The mascot is on that list for 31 of them.

When you play around with hte numbers, you use Washington to figure out where the Rams pick.

We really need Washington to win some games. 

Quote:We really need Washington to win some games. 

They need a miracle. Their next opponent is Dallas. I don't expect them to beat the Giants either.

The Rams don't have an immediate need for a quarterback, so it should be OK to stay at #3 if we end up there.

If Teddy doesnt come out, I dont see why the Jags would need pick 1.1 to get their guy at QB. Bortles or Carr should still be available, and theres quite a few promising second round guys. Without Bridgewater, 1.1 is overrated this year.

Quote:They need a miracle. Their next opponent is Dallas. I don't expect them to beat the Giants either.

The Rams don't have an immediate need for a quarterback, so it should be OK to stay at #3 if we end up there.

The Rams will trade out faster than you can say "With the 2nd pick..." allowing a team like Minny or Cleveland to jump us...and the Browns certainly have the ammo to do so.

If Bridgewater declares, I think we'll have a good shot at Carr.  I really hope we don't draft Bortles...he seems like he's much too raw to me.

Quote:The Rams will trade out faster than you can say "With the 2nd pick..." allowing a team like Minny or Cleveland to jump us...and the Browns certainly have the ammo to do so.

If Bridgewater declares, I think we'll have a good shot at Carr.  I really hope we don't draft Bortles...he seems like he's much too raw to me.

If that happens, we are in trouble. The Vikings are talking about getting rid of Christian Ponder and Josh Freeman, so they will leapfrog any quarterback-hungry team before them except the Texans.

Something else we need to consider is the fact that the Redskins do have a second round pick. It seems everyone is only worried about the Rams when in reality our second round pick number is also important to us.

Quote:Something else we need to consider is the fact that the Redskins do have a second round pick. It seems everyone is only worried about the Rams when in reality our second round pick number is also important to us.

Yes! Even more important IMO. If we are tied with someone at the end of the year, I would rather have the 2nd weakest SOS so that we have the earliest pick for our record in the 2nd round. Bonafide 1st round talent WILL fall into the early 2nd round.

Quote:Yes! Even more important IMO. If we are tied with someone at the end of the year, I would rather have the 2nd weakest SOS so that we have the earliest pick for our record in the 2nd round. Bonafide 1st round talent WILL fall into the early 2nd round.

But if we are tied with two someones, we go down before we go up. Example:

Round 1

3. Bills

4. Jaguars

5. Browns

Round 2

3. Browns

4. Bills

5. Jaguars

Round 3

3. Jaguars

4. Browns

5. Bills

So we don't want to be in a three-way tie.

Quote:But if we are tied with two someones, we go down before we go up. Example:

Round 1

3. Bills

4. Jaguars

5. Browns

Round 2

3. Browns

4. Bills

5. Jaguars

Round 3

3. Jaguars

4. Browns

5. Bills

So we don't want to be in a three-way tie.

Are you sure? I was under the impression that it was the other way around. I agree about us not wanting a tie but it's almost a guarantee that we will be tied with one team or more now.

Just checked Walter Football's 3 Round Mock......assuming the season ended today.......

1st Round.............................2nd Round..............................3rd Round...............

3. JAX.....................................OAK.......................................CLE

4. OAK....................................CLE........................................ATL

5. CLE....................................ATL.........................................TAM

6. ATL.....................................TAM........................................JAX

7. TAM....................................JAX..........................................OAK

Quote:If that happens, we are in trouble. The Vikings are talking about getting rid of Christian Ponder and Josh Freeman, so they will leapfrog any quarterback-hungry team before them except the Texans.
What did the Vikings give up last year to get three people in the first? Does that have any bearing this draft on their ability to trade up to the second pick?

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:What did the Vikings give up last year to get three people in the first? 
They traded Percy Harvin to the Seahawks and four picks to the Patriots.

Quote:What did the Vikings give up last year to get three people in the first? Does that have any bearing this draft on their ability to trade up to the second pick?

This year, not last year. Percy Harvin wanted to get out of Minnesota, so he was an easy player to trade to Seattle. I don't know which picks the Patriots got, but none of them were a 2014 first.

Quote:Are you sure? I was under the impression that it was the other way around. I agree about us not wanting a tie but it's almost a guarantee that we will be tied with one team or more now.

In a three-way tie, the third team in Round 1 is the first team in Round 2.

Right now we are in a four-way tie. If all four teams lose out, we will get the sixth pick (#38) in Round 2. So we still need the Browns, Falcons, and Raiders to win so we do not pick later in the second round than we do in the first.

What do you all think are the chances we will stay at #3 at the end of the year?

Quote:What do you all think are the chances we will stay at #3 at the end of the year?

Now that we've got a lot of players that are hurt, there might be a good chance.

It's hard to predict who wins in week 16 and 17 when the games are pretty much meaningless for the playoff picture.  It will depend on internal motivation for the players I believe and/or the injury situation.  We will see if MJD plays - he will give us a better chance to win.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

It would be great if the Redskins could win their last two games, but I don't see that happening. All I can hope for is we stay at #3 despite winning our last two games.