Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who is the best RB in the NFL?
Adrian Peterson
LeSean McCoy
Jamaal Charles
Other (Please specify)
[Show Results]

The best RB in the NFL

After watching today's games I was considering who the best back in the league was right now.  With the diminished importance of the running game there are still some very talented runningbacks.  I included what I consider the top 3 but feel free to argue anyone else.

My guy is Shady McCoy.  All things considered I would take him over even Adrian Peterson.  He's a better overall runner/pass catcher.  You can't go wrong with either one and I pray Adrian Peterson's injury isn't serious, he's a special player.

Who's your guy?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love McCoy, but I'm not sure how Peterson is not your guy, he'd put up ridiculous numbers in that offense.

Quote:I love McCoy, but I'm not sure how Peterson is not your guy, he'd put up ridiculous numbers in that offense.

I won't be surprised for me to be in the minority and it's really 1A and 1B.  Both are spectacular and special players.  I'm somewhat saying Shady for the sake of an argument and I do think they are very close.  I was on the fence but I love watching both play.  LeSean is more exciting to watch for me.

I understand what you're saying with McCoy and he's really good. But I would still take Peterson over him.

I really like McCoy his vision and shiftyness is amazing but Peterson is still the best IMO.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Marshawn Lynch should be an option

MJD/Todman

[Image: jpixp4.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Shouldn't those be teal colored glasses?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:Shouldn't those be teal colored glasses?
They were sold out.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Well because of fantasy football I have watched Jamaal Charles for the last two seasons and he is arguably the best but I would still have to give the nod to AP. McCoy benefits from the scheme of the offense ran although I believe he is top 5.

I'm pretty sure it won't happen, but Jamaal Charles ought to receive some MVP votes. He is the key to KC's offense.

McCoy ought to receive some votes as well, but other than Peterson the MVP voting tends to go to QBs (probably P. Manning this year.)

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I think the best is AP, but McCoy has some pretty highlights. Of the options though my favorite is Jamaal Charles. I think he's highly underrated.

AP is the stud that you can depend on for a steady four yards and at least two "Oh My GAWD!" plays a game.

With McCoy though, you can do so much with him. He's shifty, he can catch, you can split him out and line him up deep.

You can make either one work for you, but they really don't compare skills-wise in my mind. Tell you what, let's get both of them on our roster and have 'em fight it out!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Man, tough call. I have to go with Peterson. I think Shady's a better all around player, but at the end of the day, your running back runs the ball and no one does it as well as AP.

If I was in the NFL and was faster, shiftier, stronger, and 30 years younger it would be me.

However, when healthy, AP without a doubt.

Just a little below him would be Charles and McCoy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:AP is the stud that you can depend on for a steady four yards and at least two "Oh My GAWD!" plays a game.

With McCoy though, you can do so much with him. He's shifty, he can catch, you can split him out and line him up deep.

You can make either one work for you, but they really don't compare skills-wise in my mind. Tell you what, let's get both of them on our roster and have 'em fight it out!
The only advantage I would give to Shady is the fact that he has superior hands to AP. AP doesn't necessarily need the shiftyness that Shady needs because of AP's raw power and speed. 

Both are great backs.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Overall I think AP is better (the best RB in last 10 years for me), but this season I had to go with McCoy. Although I believe, most good RB's will have 1000 yard season in Chip Kelly system.

the best:

1. Shady

2. AP

3. Beast Mode

4. Charles

5. Forte

If we are going for MVP between them, then AP is not even close. He is the Minnesota Vikings.

1. AP

2. Charles

3. Beast Mode

4. Shady

1. Adrian Peterson

2a. Jamaal Charles

2b. LeSean McCoy

4. Marsahwn Lynch

Quote:After watching today's games I was considering who the best back in the league was right now.  With the diminished importance of the running game there are still some very talented runningbacks.  I included what I consider the top 3 but feel free to argue anyone else.

My guy is Shady McCoy.  All things considered I would take him over even Adrian Peterson.  He's a better overall runner/pass catcher.  You can't go wrong with either one and I pray Adrian Peterson's injury isn't serious, he's a special player.

Who's your guy?
I picked Jamaal because he provides the most fantasty points and hes on my fantasy team otherwise no question its AP his last year's season after the surgery should attest to that alone, in fact im going to change my answer to AP despite my Fantasy points lol

Quote:Overall I think AP is better (the best RB in last 10 years for me), but this season I had to go with McCoy. Although I believe, most good RB's will have 1000 yard season in Chip Kelly system.

the best:

1. Shady

2. AP

3. Beast Mode

4. Charles

5. Forte

If we are going for MVP between them, then AP is not even close. He is the Minnesota Vikings.

1. AP

2. Charles

3. Beast Mode

4. Shady

This I can pretty well agree with on both counts.  Though I think MVP voting wise AP would struggle as Minnesota hasn't won enough games this season.  A strong case could be made for Charles in that case.  He's a big piece of their turnaround in KC.

Quote:I picked Jamaal because he provides the most fantasty points and hes on my fantasy team otherwise no question its AP his last year's season after the surgery should attest to that alone, in fact im going to change my answer to AP despite my Fantasy points lol

It's hard to argue with anyone that says Adrian Peterson.  He's one of the best football players of our generation and likely on his way to the Hall of Fame if he can keep things going a little longer.  I appreciate Peterson and his work ethic.  All around good guy and hard worker.  He could rely solely on talent and go a long ways but he doesn't do that.