Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cutler and the titans

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013, 12:33 PM by archer56.)

Not sure how i feel about this, This could cause a team of the titans calibure to get really good really quick, or have a total collapse.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...see-titans

This also shows that more Qbs will probably end up going in the first, and our chance of getting a quality qb in the second much less likely, but still possible.

Also maybe the titans end up being the team that takes the RB in the first round this year.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Uh, this would be a bad thing for the AFC South.

Also heard Texans could be interested. Hope Chicago just re-signs him...

Why are people so afraid of another team in the AFC South, like the Titans and Texans getting Cutler? It's not like either of these teams is going to get Tom Brady.

Quote:Uh, this would be a bad thing for the AFC South.

Also heard Texans could be interested. Hope Chicago just re-signs him...
i doubt chicago resigns him, And it makes sense for a team like the titans or vikes to sign him because they'd basically be paying a proven commodity the same amount they'd pay an unproven one if that ends up being the case. They certainly won't franchise him, or pay him what HE thinks he is worth .

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013, 12:59 PM by Coltswarriors.)

Quote:Why are people so afraid of another team in the AFC South, like the Titans and Texans getting Cutler? It's not like either of these teams is going to get Tom Brady.

He's a very good QB (when healthy), which would make a team like the Titans, and especially the Texans IMO a very good team.

I think the Texans could be a real concern if they pick up Cutler, and draft Barr or Clowney.  We all saw what happened with the Chiefs when they got Alex Smith.  Just imagine the Texans with Jay Cutler.  He's not Tom Brady, but he's not Alex Smith either.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

It is funny, most people on these boards shoot down the thought of the Jags grabbing a QB like this in free agency because he is too <insert concern here>, but when the tinhorns or tacks are about to get him, it is "scary".

Quote:It is funny, most people on these boards shoot down the thought of the Jags grabbing a QB like this in free agency because he is too <insert concern here>, but when the tinhorns or tacks are about to get him, it is "scary".
Both those teams are in completely different places than the jags, we more than likely have at least 2 years before we're consistently a contender, The titans and the tacks both have a strong foundation but have been lacking in the Qb department the last few years,

If Cutler even resembles a little bit of what he was in Chicago from a positive production standpoint he could put either one of those teams over the top for the next 5 years.

Where we're rebuilding for the long term, and while winning is great, if we can do it without paying high money for someone who's only going to be here 5 years, that's even better.  Caldwell and Gus want their young guy and will stick to their philosophy

Quote:Both those teams are in completely different places than the jags, we more than likely have at least 2 years before we're consistently a contender, The titans and the tacks both have a strong foundation but have been lacking in the Qb department the last few years,

If Cutler even resembles a little bit of what he was in Chicago from a positive production standpoint he could put either one of those teams over the top for the next 5 years.

Where we're rebuilding for the long term, and while winning is great, if we can do it without paying high money for someone who's only going to be here 5 years, that's even better.  Caldwell and Gus want their young guy and will stick to their philosophy

I don't buy into the "at least X more years" argument. In this league of parody, there is absolutely no reason we can't be a contender to win the division next year with the proper free agent signings and another good draft.

Quote:I don't buy into the "at least X more years" argument. In this league of parody, there is absolutely no reason we can't be a contender to win the division next year with the proper free agent signings and another good draft.

What is this league Parodying? I hope it's not the MLB or NBA.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Both those teams are in completely different places than the jags, we more than likely have at least 2 years before we're consistently a contender, The titans and the tacks both have a strong foundation but have been lacking in the Qb department the last few years,

LOL? We are better than the Titans in every spot except QB and OL.. 

If he becomes a free agent, I think the Jaguars should try to sign him.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I hope this does not happen. Jay Cutler would beat us every time. Although he is not elite, he is better than Jake Locker and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Quote:LOL? We are better than the Titans in every spot except QB and OL.. 
OL is huge... and not to mention they have one of the most underrated Secondaries. Their wide receivers are coming about in Kendall writt and that Hunter guy and their TE is active in the passing game like most TE's in the league are now, and not just once or twice in a game. If they had a different HC they probably couldn't have had a completely different season.

He is definitely better than Locker/Fitzpatrick/Keenum/Schaub and by miles.

Though i would rather see him on the Titans than Texans especially since it means they would likely take Clowney in the draft. Clowney + Watt  = bad situation for our shiny new rookie QB.

If Locker is cut by the Titans like they expect, would you rather have Gabbert/Henne + rookie, or Locker + rookie?

I'm hoping he goes to the Vikings, with strong recruitment from Adrian Peterson.

I dunno....I'm not that scared of Cutler. 

I'd rather have Cutler go to the Titans or Texans than either one of them get Winston/ Bridgewater, respectively. The latter 2 mean that those 2 teams could be at division leading level for a decade. Cutler MAY mean a season or 2 where everything goes right to win -A- division title. 

Quote:He's a very good QB (when healthy), which would make a team like the Titans, and especially the Texans IMO a very good team.

Exactly...especially Houston.

All they need is a QB who can offer Schaub's experience without the prolonged Garrardesque closing 2006 streak, and they are back in business.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Exactly...especially Houston.

All they need is a QB who can offer Schaub's experience without the prolonged Garrardesque closing 2006 streak, and they are back in business.

I'm not so sure the Texans would go that route. He's only 2 years younger than Schaub and he is also injury prone like him. A new coaching staff may decide to go young.

There is a scenario where I could see them going after a veteran QB by the will of McNair, who may see the Texans window closing as far as chasing a super bowl goes but may be far fetched. This scenario will most likely end bad for the Texans and good for the Jags, but again I see as far more unlikely.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."