Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Going to my first game at Everbank!

Hey guys! Going to my first ever Jags game at Everbank next Sunday against the Bills. Being from Rochester, NY (hour from Buffalo) will be awesome to see the Jags win this one! 

I've seen them play in Buffalo, in Miami, and the 2007 regular season game in Pitt (awesome, btw) First time going to a home game.

Any sights/food/entertainment/areas I need to check out while I'm there?

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Everything is downtown where the stadium is at. You should try some of the restaurants (forgot most of their names, but they're everywhere), almost all of them have pretty good food. Also, the Jacksonville Landing is always nice to visit, there is always something going on around there. 

Have Fun!

Hope it's better for you than my first home game: last year's home opener vs houston. Worst offensive performance in franchise history.

Though I should add that the stadium experience was still completely worth it.

http://downtownjacksonville.org/location...tlife.aspx

Of those ^ places - I recommend the fish tacos at Burrito Gallery  -   and Underbelly is a fun largish bar with live music.  B.B.'s on the other side of the Main st bridge has good food in a slightly classier atmosphere without being full blown fine dining - but I haven't eaten there in a few years.  Was great when I did. 

The Five Points/Riverside  area is not far from downtown and has a few restaurants and bars that are fun.  I sat near Poz and Russell Allen last time I ate at Black Sheep in 5 points.   It's a bit upscale price-wise compared to the others I mentioned but VERY good. 

Have fun and GO JAGS! 

Like NYC said, lots of good places on that map. Also add the dining check and more come up.

My daughter has been trying to get me to b.b.'s/

Also, not too far is the San Marco area.

If you want a great brunch experience.....Orsays over in the riverside area is a little pricey, but lordy food is good. Getting hungry thinking of their French toast with bacon and a Bloody Mary that's the BEST

Think you'll like our stadium too.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If you get a chance you should try and tailgate with the bold city brigade. Probably the most fun I've had at a tailgate and walking into the stadium with that rowdy bunch is awesome.

Quote:http://downtownjacksonville.org/location...tlife.aspx

Of those ^ places - I recommend the fish tacos at Burrito Gallery  -   and Underbelly is a fun largish bar with live music.  B.B.'s on the other side of the Main st bridge has good food in a slightly classier atmosphere without being full blown fine dining - but I haven't eaten there in a few years.  Was great when I did. 

The Five Points/Riverside  area is not far from downtown and has a few restaurants and bars that are fun.  I sat near Poz and Russell Allen last time I ate at Black Sheep in 5 points.   It's a bit upscale price-wise compared to the others I mentioned but VERY good. 

Have fun and GO JAGS! 
I think Burrito Gallery is closed on Sunday.  

Section 214. Go Canes!

I also am going to the Bills game - Section 213 Row N Seats 5 and 6 - with my mom. I picked that game because Mark Brunell will be added to Pride of the Jaguars at halftime. He was my favorite and, among other things, a big reason I started rooting for Jacksonville.

Unfortunately, only clear bags are allowed (a quart-size Ziploc bag will work). I understand the rule but worry about having nothing to drink because I hate soda, beer, and water.

Don't believe anyone who says the hot dogs are not good. One of the board members told me that when I met him at my seat. During my second game I told Mom I wanted a hot dog and I liked it very much.

Where are you sitting?

Quote:Hope it's better for you than my first home game: last year's home opener vs Houston. Worst offensive performance in franchise history.

Though I should add that the stadium experience was still completely worth it.

I have no doubt it will be much better than the worst offensive performance in franchise history.

Quote: I hate soda, beer, and water.

Lordy, what do you drink, then? And how do you hate water? It's the standard of neutrality.

Quote:Lordy, what do you drink, then? And how do you hate water? It's the standard of neutrality.

If she doesn't drink beer water or soda, I think it's safe to say she a vampire. That's the only logical answer.

Quote: I understand the rule but worry about having nothing to drink because I hate soda, beer, and water.

Just when I think JW can't possibly top one of her posts she drops this.

What on god's green earth would you take in to drink then?

Lemme see ice tea, nope got water in it.. :yucky: ....wine? maybe....fruit juices? its the water thing... :no:

The suspense is killing us. :turned:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I too am anxious to find out the answer to this...

Bumping to get an answer from JW.

Quote:Lordy, what do you drink, then? And how do you hate water? It's the standard of neutrality.

She likes apple juice. I've suggested bringing some of those crystal light type things to add to the water to her....but she seems bound and determined to be dehydrated during the game. :blink:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote: 

Don't believe anyone who says the hot dogs are not good. One of the board members told me that when I met him at my seat. During my second game I told Mom I wanted a hot dog and I liked it very much.

That was so funny. Just have to appreciate the fact that he followed through with it after razzing you about going to the games. ... Wasn't it JaguarsJeep? I can see his Avi in my mind. I wonder how he is doing ... If I recall he was a single father of a teenage son. Construction/Builder, or something along those lines. Seemed like an honorable guy ... especially when he paid up. Smile

Or do I have that way wrong? I wouldn't doubt that I do as it was a couple years back.

Quote:She likes apple juice. I've suggested bringing some of those crystal light type things to add to the water to her....but she seems bound and determined to be dehydrated during the game. :blink:

Is that all she drinks?  We could get her tipsy on appletinis.  Something tells me that would be an absolute hoot.   B)

If you were a Bills fan, I'd recommend checking out The Silver Fox on Beaver Street..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:If you were a Bills fan, I'd recommend checking out The Silver Fox on Beaver Street..

Or is it the The Silver Beaver on Fox Street?   :devil:  

Quote:Or is it the The Silver Beaver on Fox Street?   :devil:  
You know, Beaver Street has some of the best crabs in town...

http://www.yellowpages.com/jacksonville-...id=1386078

[Image: SaKG4.gif]