Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jacksonville Jaguars could actually make the playoffs.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/jacksonv...-playoffs/

Interesting read.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Your not out till your out.... circa 1996.  That said yikes would that be a bad indicator for the overall strength of the AFC.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Your not out till your out.... circa 1996.  That said yikes would that be a bad indicator for the overall strength of the AFC.
Still wouldn't change the fact that we will have finished 7-9 and won seven out of our last eight games. Then everyone will know that this team is heading in the right direction.

Quote:Still wouldn't change the fact that we will have finished 7-9 and won seven out of our last eight games. Then everyone will know that this team is heading in the right direction.
Not to mention the fact that Checkdown Chad is our starting QB.

I will continue to hold out hope until there is none.  

Nothing negative from me really...  I have no problem with winning considering the on field improvements.  Just saying that it would mean the AFC is cycling around to being the weaker conference.  Honestly makes sense considering the NFC was riding low recently.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Not to mention the fact that Checkdown Chad is our starting QB.
I don't think its so much how well the Jags will perform, but just the fact of us getting there after an 0-8 start would probably go down as one of the greatest, if not THE greatest turnaround in sports history.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 03:31 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I don't think its so much how well the Jags will perform, but just the fact of us getting there after an 0-8 start would probably go down as one of the greatest, if not THE greatest turnaround in sports history.

This^^^

I wish we could have somehow beaten the Cardinals. We'd actually be in pretty good shape for the last spot considering the schedule of the last 3 games. 

Quote:This^^^

I wish we could have somehow beaten the Cardinals. We'd actually be in pretty good shape for the last spot considering the schedule of the last 3 games. 

The game at St Louis hurts too. Early on, they were in control of that game. I think if Henne plays the entire game, they probably win there.

;

;

Quote:The game at St Louis hurts too. Early on, they were in control of that game. I think if Henne plays the entire game, they probably win there.

I agree but I was thinking more along the win following the 0-8 start kinda thing. If they make the tackle on Floyd to keep it a 10 yard gain, maybe the Jags do come back and win that game. 

Quote:This^^^ I wish we could have somehow beaten the Cardinals. We'd actually be in pretty good shape for the last spot considering the schedule of the last 3 games.
Agreed. The Cardinal game was there for the taking and it would of been huge. Our offense couldn't muster anything up in the second half.

When Colts beat the Titans that mathematicly took us out of playoff contention. I will say that it would be awesome to streak into the playoffs but with us being 15-16th seed in the playoff picture almost certain not a chance!

I think after our win the other day it really changed my outlook about this team. I was rooting for us to get the #1 pick but now I'm almost back to the point where I can be happy if we win. It's not like there is a super can't miss prospect at qb either so we aren't screwing ourselves over. We have some great building blocks on both sides of the ball.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013, 11:14 AM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:I don't think its so much how well the Jags will perform, but just the fact of us getting there after an 0-8 start would probably go down as one of the greatest, if not THE greatest turnaround in sports history.

its been a hell of turn around and pretty unexpected by opponents, their fans and the media in general.

Beat the tacks.....awww. the jags just got lucky..its a fluke I tell ya'

Loss to cards.......see we told ya' ...they're a bad team.

Beat the 'horns......WHUT? That wasn't supposed to happen

Beat the brownies.....Wait a minute....whats's going on here

Beat the 'horns AGAIN.......OMG....Where'd that dang Cat come from? Fire kubiak ! Its his fault!

bills game....ate some steer...now it's buffalo time -W

tacks game.....welcome to DUVAL....WWHHAaaaccCCKKK! - You just thought you were embarrassed at home W

clots game......yummy horsemeat.-W

Can't wait for next year....arrows not straight up but on a nice incline......

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The joint was hoppin' while walking out of EverBank Thursday night.  I'll take that high over a 'beat down but wait until the draft' kind of feeling any day.  People were dancing, singing, chanting, and all around hell raising after the game.  That's the good stuff.

Dont think we can be eliminated today.

But would be nice if Baltimore, San Diego, Jets, Titans and Dolphins all lost today.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013, 11:28 AM by Ratix240sx.)

I just love how now the pundits are now saying we won against sub par competition even in positive articles they have to qualify it by saying they were bad teams. According to them we were the worst team ever all-time. How is any team considered sub par compared to us.....we are the sub par team that everyone is supposed to beat. If anything we won against superior competition.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ffcc00></FONT>[url=http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ratix240sx/?action=view&current=untitled5.jpg][/url]

Quote:I just love how now the pundits are now saying we won against sub par competition even in positive articles they have to qualify it by saying they were bad teams. According to them we were the worst team ever all-time. How is any team considered sub par compared to us.....we are the sub par team that everyone is supposed to beat. If anything we won against superior competition.

A win against Arizona would have really boosted our stock.  Not that I care what the pundits think, but it sure would have been nice to carve that one on our gun stock, especially after what Carson Palmer said.  I really wanted him to eat his words.  Oh well, baby steps.  My next big goal for this team is to trounce Seattle at home.  Our last two trips out there have been sickeningly dismal showings.  I like the Seahawks organization too.  I like their uniforms, their fans, and their stadium, but they're getting a little cocky with all those home victories.  A win there would be sweet and true validation of our team.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013, 11:49 AM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:.....even in positive articles they have to qualify it by saying they were bad teams. According to them we were the worst team ever all-time. How is any team considered sub par compared to us.....we are the sub par team that everyone is supposed to beat. If anything we won against superior competition.

They always seem to qualify any compliment, pretty much always been that way. We're not that good the other team is just having a bad day....whatever.

like during the 'horns game the announcers never gave up that they would come back and do something. "He have had that for a gain if he didn't drop it."

"Slipped but was going to a nice hole for some yardage...maybe all the way."

They forgot to say we led the WHOLE DANG GAME. Oh well, heck with 'em all. Just win Jags!

The playoff article ALMOST had me going whoa the media is changing...then I got to this...

"Okay, of course there’s almost no chance of all these things happening in tandem. None of those scenarios is that far-fetched, but all of them happening at the same time would take a minor miracle, and that ship sailed for Jacksonville when they failed to sign Tim Tebow."

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I just love how now the pundits are now saying we won against sub par competition even in positive articles they have to qualify it by saying they were bad teams. According to them we were the worst team ever all-time. How is any team considered sub par compared to us.....we are the sub par team that everyone is supposed to beat. If anything we won against superior competition.

That is true.  Even the teams that the Jaguars beat, I feel like the Jaguars have less talent than those teams.  The fact that this team has won four games is a positive indicator of the coaching staff.  Get these men some talent and who knows what will happen.  Also, I feel like last year's team had more talent than this years, and yet they only won two games.