Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You think Blackmon is chomping at the bit to get back, or what?

Things are vastly different for the Jags right now from Blackmon's last game.....at that time they were 0-8 and there was little hope as they were routinely losing games by double digits. Fast forward five weeks later and the Jags have gone 4-1 and look like they are really having fun out there. I wonder how Blackmon's view of this team (going forward) has changed (if at all) during this time off that he has. Has anyone interviewed Blackmon since the suspension? Or are they even allowed to? I am hopeful that he sees whats going on with the team and it really helps to give him something to look forward to and that he sees that perhaps with a healthy focused clean Blackmon, that this team could be that much closer to a consistent winning team. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

MD, I think you're overly optimistic that he'll change. Of course, we're on the outside looking in but he went through college pretty much doing what he wanted to do , thinking his talent would pull him through.

He found out the hard way the NFL isn't like that.

Whether his 2nd or 3rd strikes were really that serious or not, they put him out of the game.

By the hair on his chin they'll give him one shot to truly change.

Who among us with 10 million dollars on the line wouldn't have already done so.

I've moved on. Its HIS job to earn back not Caldwell and Bradley's job to just hand it to him.

The train is moving whether he's on it is his choice and no one elses.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:MD, I think you're overly optimistic that he'll change. Of course, we're on the outside looking in but he went through college pretty much doing what he wanted to do , thinking his talent would pull him through.

He found out the hard way the NFL isn't like that.

Whether his 2nd or 3rd strikes were really that serious or not, they put him out of the game.

By the hair on his chin they'll give him one shot to truly change.

Who among us with 10 million dollars on the line wouldn't have already done so.

I've moved on. Its HIS job to earn back not Caldwell and Bradley's job to just hand it to him.

The train is moving whether he's on it is his choice and no one elses.

I agree with you that at this point its Blackmon's job to earn back, and I think that Bradley will handle it in that manner. 

I'm just curious what he's thinking at this point as the team is showing some real promise. Blackmon rarely lost games in college, so going 2-18 over his first 20 here might have contributed to his issues. Or maybe not....

Quote: I am hopeful that he sees whats going on with the team and it really helps to give him something to look forward to and that he sees that perhaps with a healthy focused clean Blackmon, that this team could be that much closer to a consistent winning team. 

"

If he comes back and plays well, great. If not, next up.

Keep winning Jags.

Cheer the name on the front on the jersey, not the back. Wink

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I agree with you all, TMD great post, I've wondered as well. We will see what he is made of. As one that has witnessed what addiction can do, I'm not counting on him. People have will power and recover, others can't no matter what the cost (money, family, life itself). All we can do is hope.

Should be three first rounders on the field next year that aren't on the field now, that'll be good.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Can guys in his situation talk to anybody?

Is there way to find out what's happening with him?

Is he still in some rehab place...if he is there might not even be a television.

You have me wondering now.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 08:22 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I agree with you all, TMD great post, I've wondered as well. We will see what he is made of. As one that has witnessed what addiction can do, I'm not counting on him. People have will power and recover, others can't no matter what the cost (money, family, life itself). All we can do is hope.

If the substance in question (that he was suspended for) is alcohol, then I think that could be a tough one to stay totally clean of, I mean think about it, how many of us go out and hang out with our buddies at the bar for a Friday/ Sat night/ on any given weekend, or over a dinner party with your gf or wife, and proceed to put a few away, so to speak....we all do, its just part of the social fabric. If the NFL is constantly testing him, and he has to be totally clean (without alcohol) at all times, I think thats a really tough one to ask. I am not sure I could do it. Now, I also have never had a problem with managing alcohol - meaning I never drive when I've been drinking, and almost never drink at home if I am alone. I'm a total social drinker. I don't need to have alcohol every day, nor do I ever drink till excessively drunk, but I can guarantee a week doesn't go by where I am not having at least a couple beers or a couple glasses of wine/ a few shots, whatever, during any given week. I guess I would fail any NFL random test too. 

Quote:Can guys in his situation talk to anybody?

Is there way to find out what's happening with him?

Is he still in some rehab place...if he is there might not even be a television.

You have me wondering now.
There are plenty of people he can talk to for help. It's whether or not he wants that help and wants to change his lifestyle. It's got to start with him.

Quote:If the substance in question (that he was suspended for) is alcohol, then I think that could be a tough one to stay totally clean of, I mean think about it, how many of us go out and hang out with our buddies at the bar for a Friday/ Sat night/ on any given weekend, or over a dinner party with your gf or wife, and proceed to put a few away, so to speak....we all do, its just part of the social fabric. If the NFL is constantly testing him, and he has to be totally clean (without alcohol) at all times, I think thats a really tough one to ask. I am not sure I could do it. Now, I also have never had a problem with managing alcohol - meaning I never drive when I've been drinking, and almost never drink at home if I am alone. I'm a total social drinker. I don't need to have alcohol every day, nor do I ever drink till excessively drunk, but I can guarantee a week doesn't go by where I am not having at least a couple beers or a couple glasses of wine/ a few shots, whatever, during any given week. I guess I would fail any NFL random test too.

Isn't alcohol legal?

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 08:41 PM by Jags32250.)

He is so talented that's what makes this so hard on the jags. Most talented guy wrt his position on the team. By far.

Quote:Isn't alcohol legal?

Yes, but because Blackmon has a DUI or several, then I think that constituted his installation into the program and once in the program he has to stay free of the substance that put him into the program in the first place. - which in his case is alcohol. (if I am understanding his situation correctly anyway....)

Quote:Yes, but because Blackmon has a DUI or several, then I think that constituted his installation into the program and once in the program he has to stay free of the substance that put him into the program in the first place. - which in his case is alcohol. (if I am understanding his situation correctly anyway....)

U are.

Quote:U are.

Then thats going to be a really hard one to remain completely and totally clean of. As said, I don't think I could do it,....and I don't even have a alcohol problem. 

Quote:Yes, but because Blackmon has a DUI or several, then I think that constituted his installation into the program and once in the program he has to stay free of the substance that put him into the program in the first place. - which in his case is alcohol. (if I am understanding his situation correctly anyway....)

:blink:

Wait.  Wait.  Hold up. Hold up.

They banned a guy a year for a  beer?

He could have been smoking crack and got the same punishment?

:blink:

Mind blown if this is true.

I've got it on good authority that you are right in the money.

Quote: "

Good point
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:If the substance in question (that he was suspended for) is alcohol, then I think that could be a tough one to stay totally clean of, I mean think about it, how many of us go out and hang out with our buddies at the bar for a Friday/ Sat night/ on any given weekend, or over a dinner party with your gf or wife, and proceed to put a few away, so to speak....we all do, its just part of the social fabric. If the NFL is constantly testing him, and he has to be totally clean (without alcohol) at all times, I think thats a really tough one to ask. I am not sure I could do it. Now, I also have never had a problem with managing alcohol - meaning I never drive when I've been drinking, and almost never drink at home if I am alone. I'm a total social drinker. I don't need to have alcohol every day, nor do I ever drink till excessively drunk, but I can guarantee a week doesn't go by where I am not having at least a couple beers or a couple glasses of wine/ a few shots, whatever, during any given week. I guess I would fail any NFL random test too.

As a normal middle class person with nothing too lose this is acceptable. But if someone was paying me millions of dollars to play a kids game, in front of the world's largest stage, and all I have to do is stay clean...I'd go cold turkey in a heart beat.

But then again we're dealing with something more than just a few drinks a week. This is a serious addiction which may or may not even be alcohol related.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The message being sent to Blackmon is pretty clear. Get the help you need, but don't expect us to sit here waiting for you to return, hoping you'll stay clean this time. We're moving forward regardless of what you do. We'd love to have you back contributing, but we will be fine with or without you.

Hopefully it clicks for him. If it does, great. If not, he's not setting this team back.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]