Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Too many empty seats

When my mom sat down to watch some of the game with me, the first thing she noticed was literally thousands of empty seats. With the Jaguars leading all night after the fast start to 14 points, a close score, and more than 15 minutes left to play, it could not possibly be a lot of fans left early, so I was surprised it was not blacked out. And it was a divisional game many fans expected us to win, so there was no reason for people to think it was not worth buying tickets for. Why wasn't the stadium full in the third quarter?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Im guessing that there was around 60k people at its fullest which is the best we've had all year.

Well, I do agree with you so this isn't my line of thinking but... with the Texans being the worst team in the league and the Jaguars not being all that great, mixed with it being Thursday night game, I think that might have contributed.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/lilduval'>lil duval ‏@<b>lilduval</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/lilduval/status/408783735321280513' title="9:23 PM - 5 Dec 13">18h</a>

<p class="">Who said our games don't be sold out? <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23jaguars&src=hash'>#<b>jaguars</b></a> [BLEEP] BOY <a class="" href='http://t.co/nkRlmmAqSR'>pic.twitter.com/nkRlmmAqSR</a>

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

<p class="">/thread

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:When my mom sat down to watch some of the game with me, the first thing she noticed was literally thousands of empty seats. With the Jaguars leading all night after the fast start to 14 points, a close score, and more than 15 minutes left to play, it could not possibly be a lot of fans left early, so I was surprised it was not blacked out. And it was a divisional game many fans expected us to win, so there was no reason for people to think it was not worth buying tickets for. Why wasn't the stadium full in the third quarter?

Why were you surprised it wasn't blacked out?

Quote:Why were you surprised it wasn't blacked out?

Because it did not look close to being a sellout.

Quote:Because it did not look close to being a sellout.

So?

Quote:When my mom sat down to watch some of the game with me, the first thing she noticed was literally thousands of empty seats. With the Jaguars leading all night after the fast start to 14 points, a close score, and more than 15 minutes left to play, it could not possibly be a lot of fans left early, so I was surprised it was not blacked out. And it was a divisional game many fans expected us to win, so there was no reason for people to think it was not worth buying tickets for. Why wasn't the stadium full in the third quarter?
Yawn

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Because it did not look close to being a sellout.
What it looks like and what it was are two completely different things.  You do understand that, right?

I don't know how many times it needs to be explained to finger waggers like you who want to chastise the fans based on what you're seeing ON TV, but that was probably the best crowd of the year, and while there were empty seats, it wasn't nearly as bad as you're trying to make it seem. 

Maybe when you show up for the Buffalo game with your Brunell jersey, you'll get a better understanding.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Well, I do agree with you so this isn't my line of thinking but... with the Texans being the worst team in the league and the Jaguars not being all that great, mixed with it being Thursday night game, I think that might have contributed.

I doubt the NFL would have any Thursday night games if they were rarely sellouts.

Quote:What it looks like and what it was are two completely different things.  You do understand that, right?

Why would people buy tickets and not go to the game?

Quote:Why would people buy tickets and not go to the game?

Let me type slowly so it sinks in.

People bought tickets and showed up.  Just because you see an East Club section as the predominate view from the TV cameras doesn't mean the people weren't there. Not sure how many times this has to be explained, but apparently at least once more.

Quote:Why would people buy tickets and not go to the game?

Why would you complain about attendance from your couch?

I'm just happy you found it on tv

;

;

Don't worry JaguarsWoman, a lot of people equate a televised home market game (non blackout) as the stadium being sold out. It does not have to be a sellout for the blackout to be lifted.

This is how I understand it. The non premium seating, including suites do not have to be sold, only the general seating (for lack of a better term). I'm not sure about Everbank Field, but Lucas Oil Stadium premium (club) seats are between the 20 yard lines in the lower 3 levels (suites are included) (IIRC) ... So every seat between the 20/30/40/50/40/30/20 yard lines in the lower 3 levels can be empty (unsold), and the blackout would be lifted as long as the remainder of the non-premium seats are sold.

If the non-premium tickets are not sold, I think both the home team, and brodcaster can purchase the unsold non-premium seats at a discount ... which would lift any pending blackout.

As I also understand it (assumptions from reading on the board), the Camera's (at EB Field) are opposite of the least desirable premium seats at Everbank Field, which would have the Cameras facing the seats that are not sold, or sold but unused as these would be Club seats, and fans may choose to stay inside the Club and watch the game on the large screens for various reasons.

Premium Seating is not considered (counted against) to satisfy the NFL blackout rules, which at Lucas Oil Stadium is a lot of seats between the 20 yard lines in the lower levels. I am not sure of the EBF premium seat locations, but I assume it is similar.

If I am not understanding this correctly, I am sure someone can post the areas I may have flawed understanding ... But I do know for sure it does not require a sellout of the stadium.

Also, every team this season gets a Thursday night game. I think they did that so there is no competitive edge? Just a guess though.

Quote:Let me type slowly so it sinks in.

People bought tickets and showed up.  Just because you see an East Club section as the predominate view from the TV cameras doesn't mean the people weren't there. Not sure how many times this has to be explained, but apparently at least once more.

Why would you blame someone else for your reply? You didn't have to answer her question, especially if it pains you. Learning NFL rules can be like being a math student, there is always teachers that have to teach the next class of students that don't understand. You chose to be the teacher in this case ... without pay.

You can't even make her sit in the corner and wear a dunce cap? I'm not seeing the benefit. :woot:

I thought the same thing last night at first. Last night was the first game I have been able to go to due to some health problems, and it was great to be back there. When I was sitting in my seat, I saw a lot of empty seats in the stadium. However, when I went into the concourse or the bud zone, it was jam packed with people.

What I do know is that it was a crowded house last night. Just because butts aren't in seats doesn't necessarily mean that people aren't there. I think the Jaguars have stumbled upon a double edged sword with their whole gameday experience for the fan. There is so much to do at the stadium that it gives the appearance to the casual viewer that this team doesn't draw fans.

I really want to call it an ignorant stance, but unless someone has been to Everbank, they simply wouldn't understand.

Empty seats do not equal people not being there. It's one of those weird things.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I didn't go because my kid got sick.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:I thought the same thing last night at first. Last night was the first game I have been able to go to due to some health problems, and it was great to be back there. When I was sitting in my seat, I saw a lot of empty seats in the stadium. However, when I went into the concourse or the bud zone, it was jam packed with people.

What I do know is that it was a crowded house last night. Just because butts aren't in seats doesn't necessarily mean that people aren't there. I think the Jaguars have stumbled upon a double edged sword with their whole gameday experience for the fan. There is so much to do at the stadium that it gives the appearance to the casual viewer that this team doesn't draw fans.

I really want to call it an ignorant stance, but unless someone has been to Everbank, they simply wouldn't understand.

Empty seats do not equal people not being there. It's one of those weird things.

Exactly, how can you consider someone ignorant ... when their question is honest? :no:

There are points in any game that many seats are empty. Many reasons why ... Some teams may pass out a "Stadium Buddy" to their Club Seat members ... Just for the Cameras (know what I am saying?) :yes:

I requested the extra extra mongohugebig model. ... Holds about 1.25 kegs. Smile  You can see my Mug in every Camera angle. :thumbsup:

Quote:I didn't go because my kid got sick.

She/He doing any better? Sad