Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles: 2016 is "the worst nightmare possible."

There you go. Anyone who denies he still wants to win and gets mad about losing should read this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...e-possible

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bortles rested on his laurels and the media hype this past off-season and it turned around to bite him in the butt big time. I don't care what garbage quote he said post game.

"four more games fans are forced to watch a hamstrung quarterback throw like he's mimicking an Egyptian hieroglyphic"

lol

In other words, Bortles will be better next year. He will only be hamstrung four more weeks.

Quote:In other words, Bortles will be better next year. He will only be hamstrung four more weeks.
In other words, you have no idea what will happen next year.

I don't think anyone has questioned whether Bortles wants to win or not. Anyone can see he's competitive (anyone with common sense, that is).

These below quotes from the article are DEAD ON THE MONEY:

"There is no bigger disappointment in the NFL than Blake Bortles."

"He (Bortles) was supposed to lead the Jaguars long-awaited turnaround. Instead, he's led them down a spiraling drain into another flushed season."

"In Sundays 20-10 loss to the Denver Broncos, Bortles once again held the team hostage, committing 3 turnovers."

"With faltering mechanics, Bortles can't consistently throw deep with any semblance of accuracy. The restriction allows defenders to sit on short throws, blow up running plays, and jump passes."

^Bingo.

"There are four more games fans are forced to watch a hstrumg quarterback throw like he's mimicking an Egyptian hieroglyphic."

^OUCH

Lol at hamstrung. Bortles isn't getting any better unless he drastically changes that windup. We've learned that it's nearly impossible to completely change someones throwing motion/mechanics. It's not like teaching a guy footwork in the pocket, this guy has a release that is WAY too slow for NFL standards, and that's because he doesn't throw the ball right.

I feel bad for the ones here holding on hope for Bortles because we'll be getting a new staff. A new staff isn't going to dramatically change any of the huge red flags in Bortles' game.

Quote:There you go. Anyone who denies he still wants to win and gets mad about losing should read this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...e-possible

I don't think you understand what proof is.  People say things sometimes because it's expected for them to say it, not necessarily because they believe it or are committed to it.  I think Blake's body language during interviews says more than his mouth does.  The touching and rubbing his face and back of his head repeatedly and his whole demeanor during interviews is off putting compared to current and previous leaders of good professional football teams.  He's not where he needs to be mentally and I'm not sure he's going to get there in time to salvage his career.

Quote:In other words, Bortles will be better next year. He will only be hamstrung four more weeks.

I can't wait for the offseason for 2 reasons. We'll be rid of Gus and we'll be rid of you..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I can't wait for the offseason for 2 reasons. We'll be rid of Gus and we'll be rid of you..

Amen, brother.

Quote:Lol at hamstrung. Bortles isn't getting any better unless he drastically changes that windup. We've learned that it's nearly impossible to completely change someones throwing motion/mechanics. It's not like teaching a guy footwork in the pocket, this guy has a release that is WAY too slow for NFL standards, and that's because he doesn't throw the ball right.

I feel bad for the ones here holding on hope for Bortles because we'll be getting a new staff. A new staff isn't going to dramatically change any of the huge red flags in Bortles' game.

People hold on to hope because we will get a new staff. I really don't get how a long windup is unfixable because Bortles had much quicker releases last year.

Quote:I don't think you understand what proof is. People say things sometimes because it's expected for them to say it, not necessarily because they believe it or are committed to it. I think Blake's body language during interviews says more than his mouth does. The touching and rubbing his face and back of his head repeatedly and his whole demeanor during interviews is off putting compared to current and previous leaders of good professional football teams. He's not where he needs to be mentally and I'm not sure he's going to get there in time to salvage his career.

His body language during games confirms his public statements. How many times have you seen him get mad after a bad play? For me, way too many to count.

Quote:People hold on to hope because we will get a new staff. I really don't get how a long windup is unfixable because Bortles had much quicker releases last year.

If you say so. I'll bring it back up when Bortles is still terrible after next season. It would take half a decade to repair that release and throwing motion. Idc who coaches him, he's not a robot you can just re-program. His arm is what it's gonna be at this point.

Quote:If you say so. I'll bring it back up when Bortles is still terrible after next season. It would take half a decade to repair that release and throwing motion. Idc who coaches him, he's not a robot you can just re-program. His arm is what it's gonna be at this point.

Remember, Bortles is a guy who was quoted as saying he wasn't a natural thrower of the football.

Now that the rest of the season is effectively garbage time I'm sure he'll improve.

Quote:Remember, Bortles is a guy who was quoted as saying he wasn't a natural thrower of the football.

I agree 100% with his self-analysis and we shouldn't be drafting QBs who aren't natural throwers of the football in the first 4 rounds of the draft if ever.

Quote:I agree 100% with his self-analysis and we shouldn't be drafting QBs who aren't natural throwers of the football in the first 4 rounds of the draft if ever.

OR FIRST 4 PICKS! LMBO.

Quote:If you say so. I'll bring it back up when Bortles is still terrible after next season. It would take half a decade to repair that release and throwing motion. Idc who coaches him, he's not a robot you can just re-program. His arm is what it's gonna be at this point.

You don't know Bortles will still be terrible next year. He might not be.

Still waiting for someone to explain why a long release he did not have before this season can't be fixed.

Quote:Remember, Bortles is a guy who was quoted as saying he wasn't a natural thrower of the football.

What an indictment on Caldwell that is. You'd think these guys could identify who is and isn't a natural thrower before drafting them that high.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 12:45 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

You can't fix a mechanical flaw in one off-season and apply it in a pressure situation. It is impossible. First you need to be able to do it throwing the ball in your back yard, then in practice, then in a game, then in a pressure scenario in a game. If you aren't monitored 100% of the time, you will slip back into old habits without even knowing it.

I have said all along, if BB5 was clearly working on his mechanics and throwing bad balls, that would be one thing, but he hasn't even started the process of fixing his throwing motion. 

He is unfix-able at this point. I just hope they bring in an OC next year that will maximize his talents and minimize his mistakes.