Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles: 2016 is "the worst nightmare possible."

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 01:35 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:It's not impossible that I could win the powerball this weekend. But if I'm counting on it, it's most probably best to consider it a lost cause. Bortles is much more likely a lost cause than he is a franchise qb. Though I sure wish it wasn't so on both counts.

Are you counting on the team to hire a new HC who will in turn hire new assistants?

If so, you can count on them to fix Bortles. The word hamstrung applies to our coaching staff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My question is, can we wake up now?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 01:48 PM by keeper88.)

Quote:Are you counting on the team to hire a new HC who will in turn hire new assistants?

If so, you can count on them to fix Bortles. The word hamstrung applies to our coaching staff.
This will be my one and last reply to you, because my best guess is you are a total troll based on your posts. If you truly think ANY coach, or even a team of the best coaches ever, is likely to come in here and fix Bortles' fundamental flaws, and there are numerous of them, you are deluding yourself. Hell maybe I should try out myself then, I still throw a decent ball. I'm sure I could get coached up to NFL levels by the right coaches.

That type of false outlook is not doing this team, or Blake himself, any good. It's all but an absolute certainty that it's time to move on, for everyone's sake.

Quote:This will be my one and last reply to you, because my best guess is you are a total troll based on your posts. If you truly think ANY coach, or even a team of the best coaches ever, is likely to come in here and fix Bortles' fundamental flaws, and there are numerous of them, you are deluding yourself. Hell maybe I should try out myself then, I still throw a decent ball. I'm sure I could get coached up to NFL levels by the right coaches.

That type of attitude is not doing this team, or Blake himself, any good. It's almost an absolute certainty that it's time to move on, for everyone's sake.

Only delusional people say stuff like this. And there is absolutely no reason on the planet to call me a troll!

Quote:You don't know Bortles will still be terrible next year. He might not be.

Still waiting for someone to explain why a long release he did not have before this season can't be fixed.

With that logic, let's keep Gus too! He might not be terrible next season!
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:With that logic, let's keep Gus too! He might not be terrible next season!

Gus Bradley has a bigger sample size.

Gus Bradley did not have a good season in his second year on the job.

Quote:Butch Harmon says it best. This applies to any mechanical change.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/harmonrules
As hard as that is, being able to take as long as you want and take practice swings each time while in total silence makes it infinitely easier than the task of trying to do it in a thunderous stadium while 300 lbers are trying to kill you.

Quote:Gus Bradley has a bigger sample size.

Gus Bradley did not have a good season in his second year on the job.

Bortles flashed in his 2nd season, but it was obviously fools gold. Much like Josh Freeman.

Quote:Bortles flashed in his 2nd season, but it was obviously fools gold. Much like Josh Freeman.

We don't know he was just a one-year wonder before his 30th birthday.

Quote:We don't know he was just a one-year wonder before his 30th birthday.

What? Not sure what being a one year wonder and a 30th birthday have in common, but whatever you say J-Dub

Quote:What? Not sure what being a one year wonder and a 30th birthday have in common, but whatever you say J-Dub

My point is you can't claim a player is just a one year wonder just because he regressed after a statistically (4,428/35/18) great season. Every player gets in a funk or regresses at some point.

Quote:She beats you into submission. That is how she is convinced she is right so often.

There are so many times I begin to respond, and then realize...  "you know what?  It's not worth it"

Quote:As hard as that is, being able to take as long as you want and take practice swings each time while in total silence makes it infinitely easier than the task of trying to do it in a thunderous stadium while 300 lbers are trying to kill you.

It all comes down to being able to live with the consequences of the motion. That is why it is so much easier to bring a change to the practice field or driving range because there is no consequence to doing it wrong.

Working on his mechanics...............what a crock of excrement. Was he an undrafted free agent that the Jags thought had promise....but needed to " work on his mechanics " ? NO! He was drafted early in the first round! Who missed the " mechanics " problem? Have them drawn and quartered! Picking NFL quality talent is a little more involved than reaching into a box of Cracker Jacks to find the surprise hidden inside.

Quote:Working on his mechanics...............what a crock of excrement. Was he an undrafted free agent that the Jags thought had promise....but needed to " work on his mechanics " ? NO! He was drafted early in the first round! Who missed the " mechanics " problem? Have them drawn and quartered! Picking NFL quality talent is a little more involved than reaching into a box of Cracker Jacks to find the surprise hidden inside.

Obviously you forgot what the team said about him leading up to the draft. He was supposed to be a project his rookie year to work on his mechanics and that idea blew up in our faces only three games into the season.

My eyes just crossed trying to get to the end of this thread.  I will stop.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 04:20 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:There you go. Anyone who denies he still wants to win and gets mad about losing should read this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...e-possible

He's one of the primary culprits as to why it's been a nightmare this season though. He's our Freddy Krueger. And he's been saying some really DUMB things about himself all year long. "I am not a natural thrower". "Maybe I didn't do enough". "We have four games left to do our best and then we get a lot of time off". Then you factor in all of the rumours about him being out partying and motoring around the beach area on his little moped and getting his drink on every other night. This kid doesn't want it enough to be elite at this level. He's too laid back in my eyes and just from the way he speaks he doesn't seem to care enough. You can say he cares and he wants to win but to me it doesn't look like it's enough. And in the NFL. Actions will forever speak louder than words. And so far, his poor play on the football field reflects just that. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He is right about "we have four games left." It is impossible to say he is wrong. It is also impossible to see his body language on the field and think he does not want it enough. He gets mad and shows it.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 04:29 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:He is right about "we have four games left." It is impossible to say he is wrong. It is also impossible to see his body language on the field and think he does not want it enough. He gets mad and shows it.

Stop making excuses for that kid. Enough is enough. People like you deserve better. You're a self proclaimed fanatic. You should expect better out of this team. I appreciate fans like you and that crazy dude Spacecoast that is in love with Bortles and defends the kid to death. But for the most part. I'd say roughly 75% of our fan base, maybe even more will tell you that he's not the answer. He's not our future. Bradley, Bortles and Caldwell need to go in 2017 in order for this team to potentially take the next step forward like Oakland, the tacks and Tampa Bay have done this year. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:This will be my one and last reply to you, because my best guess is you are a total troll based on your posts. If you truly think ANY coach, or even a team of the best coaches ever, is likely to come in here and fix Bortles' fundamental flaws, and there are numerous of them, you are deluding yourself. Hell maybe I should try out myself then, I still throw a decent ball. I'm sure I could get coached up to NFL levels by the right coaches.

That type of false outlook is not doing this team, or Blake himself, any good. It's all but an absolute certainty that it's time to move on, for everyone's sake.

I agree with this 100%