Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles: 2016 is "the worst nightmare possible."

Quote: Along the lines of what you mentioned, the closer a player gets to Free Agency, the greater the chance he will want to test Free Agency.

^That is so very true.

If this thing doesn't improve next season or two, and frustration is still running high, there's a really strong chance that players will go elsewhere. Why wouldn't they? There's something to be said for loyalty, I guess. But, a lot of these guys will bolt if it's still a frustrating, three-ring circus going on.

-AROB boiling over.

-Malik being "humbled" by being here.

-Ramsey with tears on the sidelines after losing

-Telvin holding meetings to try and "right the ship" with a winning attitude.

Players won't stick around in a mess like this for very long (if they have any choice in the matter).

I'd hate to see some of these guys leave later (especially some of the young defensive core like Ramsey, Telvin, Yannick, Jack, etc.)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They can't all leave. There are only 31 other teams.

Quote:its been a chaotic offense all year. Bad playcalling, poor run blocking, LT coming off injury, weak at LG, get two injuries there, lose both starting TEs, running back injuries, no pass interference on our wrs ever, innacuracy issues, this weeks tipped pass Sterling caught was the first time it seems like the ball has actually bounced our way.

Extend Beachum, Linder, replace Parnel and LG. Spend all offseason reworking Bortles mechanics, bring in an offensive head coach. Extend Arob for 3 years at Randal Cobb type contract, resign Lee for less.

Learn from this nightmare of a season and come out swinging next year.

One thing I would add---

The Jaguars MUST bring in legitimate competition to vie for the starting qb position.

It's time to let bb6 know that the position is back up for grabs.

Quote:His body language during games confirms his public statements. How many times have you seen him get mad after a bad play? For me, way too many to count.
Ive seen him laughing and sometimes talking to himself

Quote:I've seen him laughing and sometimes talking to himself

I've seen him get frustrated many times after bad plays.

Quote:^That is so very true.

If this thing doesn't improve next season or two, and frustration is still running high, there's a really strong chance that players will go elsewhere. Why wouldn't they? There's something to be said for loyalty, I guess. But, a lot of these guys will bolt if it's still a frustrating, three-ring circus going on.

-AROB boiling over.

Players won't stick around in a mess like this for very long (if they have any choice in the matter).

I'd hate to see some of these guys leave later (especially some of the young defensive core like Ramsey, Telvin, Yannick, Jack, etc.)

What you mentioned is probably the # 1 reason why I think Shad Khan made a mistake by keeping Gus Bradley as HC after the team's game in Tennessee.   With 10 days to the next game,  that was the time I think Khan should have sent a message that the product on the field isn't acceptable.   The message would have not only been to the fans of the Jaguars but to the players and everyone associated with the football operation of the team.

Quote:What you mentioned is probably the # 1 reason why I think Shad Khan made a mistake by keeping Gus Bradley as HC after the team's game in Tennessee. With 10 days to the next game, that was the time I think Khan should have sent a message that the product on the field isn't acceptable. The message would have not only been to the fans of the Jaguars but to the players and everyone associated with the football operation of the team.

You were not alone. That would have been the perfect time to do it and it seemed likely when Shad Khan said, "Actions speak louder than words."

Quote:They can't all leave. There are only 31 other teams.
No, but some of them surely will if given the chance, if this circus (suckiness) keeps up much longer.

Quote:^That is so very true.

-AROB boiling over.

Telvin Smith is a baller. I sincerely doubt he'll ever want to leave.

He strikes me as one of those guys that's going to be here and be a leader forever. This team has done nothing but treat him well

I just hope it pays off.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:No, but some of them surely will if given the chance, if this circus (suckiness) keeps up much longer.

99.9% of free agents will go where the money is. It doesn't matter how bad a team is. Look at Malik Jackson. Of course there are your outsiders who will take less money to play for a team closer to Super Bowl contention, but in general, that isn't the case.

I'm not worried about Allen Robinson leaving. He is replaceable. 

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 11:51 AM by DangerousBoy.)

Quote:99.9% of free agents will go where the money is. It doesn't matter how bad a team is. Look at Malik Jackson. Of course there are your outsiders who will take less money to play for a team closer to Super Bowl contention, but in general, that isn't the case.

Most athletes have some form of an ego. They'll listen to a smooth talker who says that "they" are the missing piece and that "they" are the one thing missing to right the ship. It is amazing what pride can do to manipulate people.

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Quote:99.9% of free agents will go where the money is. It doesn't matter how bad a team is. Look at Malik Jackson. Of course there are your outsiders who will take less money to play for a team closer to Super Bowl contention, but in general, that isn't the case.

Sorry but I am worried. Yeah he's having a down year but I remember the years of WR purgatory

Is he? 

Young WRs who drop 80 for 1400 and 14 TDs don't grow on trees. That's what he can do when his QB is somewhat consistent.

Quote:One thing I would add---

The Jaguars MUST bring in legitimate competition to vie for the starting qb position.

It's time to let bb6 know that the position is back up for grabs.
...agree.

Quote:Sorry but I am worried. Yeah he's having a down year but I remember the years of WR purgatory

There are way more things that would keep me up at night than Allen Robinson leaving. I am not taking anything away from the guy, but nothing comes easy for him. Every catch he makes seems to have to be an amazing catch. He is never wide open, isn't a deep threat. 

Let's not overvalue AR15.

Quote:There are way more things that would keep me up at night than Allen Robinson leaving. I am not taking anything away from the guy, but nothing comes easy for him. Every catch he makes seems to have to be an amazing catch. He is never wide open, isn't a deep threat. 

Let's not overvalue AR15.
He is no Jimmy Smith, That's for sure. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Arob is kind of a Muhsin Muhammid type receiver.  Really good #2.  We thought we had a 1 and were wrong.  I think he has gotten beat up some this season and the refs haven't helped him at all.  Probably needs to bulk up some to beat press, he has never really had the wheels to run by people.  He needs to set a physical tone to be effective.  Too much finesse in his game this year.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:He is no Jimmy Smith, That's for sure. 

He reminded many people of Jimmy Smith last year.

Quote:Only delusional people say stuff like this. And there is absolutely no reason on the planet to call me a troll!

No. Reason. At. All hahhahaa

Quote:He reminded many people of Jimmy Smith last year.
which people? How many?

Jimmy was a burner. ADrop is a jump ball guy. They are not alike at all