Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP NELSON MANDELA

The world just lost a very great man.He lived a long life and we need many many more like him. RIP,

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A giant of a man has left us.

RIP Nelson Mandela.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgcTvoWjZJU

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

His service and sacrifice for South Africa will never be forgotten.  RIP

Wow, I just saw this. The world lost another great one.

Wow.. RIP to a great man..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2013, 07:34 PM by The Drifter.)

I had a friend that lived in S Africa, she said after Mandela took over, the services went to hell

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:I had a friend that lived in S Africa, she said after Mandela took over, the services went to hell
I'm sure they greatly improved for a certain demographic....

Laughing I'm just gonna walk away.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Never mind the ANC targeted civilians in there fight for equality, nah the man's a saint.........

The great thing Mandela did was his policy of reconciliation.   Sure, government services were worse, there was corruption in some places, etc etc etc.   Regardless of all that, instead of trying to get revenge on white people, confiscating their land  and possessions, he pursued a policy of forgiveness and reconciliation, in spite of having to spend 27 years at hard labor and  living in a tiny cell with only a bucket for a toilet.  

That's what made him a great man in my opinion.   His policy of forgiveness and reconciliation, and his vision of a rainbow society. 

You're forgetting the "One Bullet, One Settler" Mantra of a ANC

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

One wonders if slaves in the New World would have been considered terrorists had they targeted the civilians that either actively participated in or supported the policy of keeping them in bondage, as part of an insurrection.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Rest in peace Mandela.

Quote:One wonders if slaves in the New World would have been considered terrorists had they targeted the civilians that either actively participated in or supported the policy of keeping them in bondage, as part of an insurrection.
Haiti after winning independence from France maybe?

Quote:One wonders if slaves in the New World would have been considered terrorists had they targeted the civilians that either actively participated in or supported the policy of keeping them in bondage, as part of an insurrection.

targeting civilians, women, children, day workers, is terrorism no matter who does it or for what reason.

Quote:I'm sure they greatly improved for a certain demographic....

Yes. The majority.

Quote:I had a friend that lived in S Africa, she said after Mandela took over, the services went to hell

This made me laugh

Quote:targeting civilians, women, children, day workers, is terrorism no matter who does it or for what reason.
As embarrassing as it is, the United States kept Mandela on the terrorist watch list up until 2008. http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/12/06/...till-2008/

Quote:Never mind the ANC targeted civilians in there fight for equality, nah the man's a saint.........

If that has you upset you're not going to like a lot of freedom movements, or war in general.

You need to really read up on what Allied forces did during World War II. Especially the terror bombings.

Read Slaughterhouse 5.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:If that has you upset you're not going to like a lot of freedom movements, or war in general.

You need to really read up on what Allied forces did during World War II. Especially the terror bombings.

Read Slaughterhouse 5.

Look up necklacing and the party song of the ANC they're no different from the KKK

Quote:Look up necklacing and the party song of the ANC they're no different from the KKK

Mandela never endorsed the practice. So what is your point?

;

;