Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marks vs. Knighton

Quote:I'd take Knighton over Miller easily, IMO.

Marks has been playing as I hoped he would. Every time we play those stupid titans he seemed to stand out to me.

I just hope we don't go overboard and give him some gigantic contract and it end up being like a Marcedes Lewis type deal. (Few seasons of mediocrity followed by one really nice season, big contract, then back to mediocrity)

Marks is definitely a player I want us to keep though.
Geen, Gene=Gone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Marks has been playing as I hoped he would. Every time we play those stupid titans he seemed to stand out to me.

I just hope we don't go overboard and give him some gigantic contract and it end up being like a Marcedes Lewis type deal. (Few seasons of mediocrity followed by one really nice season, big contract, then back to mediocrity)

Geen, Gene=Gone.

Marks is a monster.. 

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Marks QB sack numbers are also more impressive than Knightons because Denver is usually ahead, sometimes by a lot, forcing the opponent to more pass attempts and likely more "...2nd/ 3rd & long pass attempts, thus giving Knighton better chances to accumulate QB sacks. 

The Jags are usually behind. QB sack opportunities are lessened. 

marks has 8 defended passes? wow.

I don't worry about the money. As long as he is a great fit for his team, money will follow. I heard multiple commentators say Terrance Knighton is doing great in Denver. If they are not exaggerating - and I have no reason to believe they are - he was a great pickup for Denver's defense.

Sen'Derrick Marks surprised me this season. I had never heard of him before he joined the Jaguars. Whether he will be better than Knighton was remains to be seen, but I think we got the right guy to replace him.

The thing that swings me in favor of Miller is his consistency. He seems to be available to play, and productive when he does, on a more frequent basis than Pot Roast. But that may be only due to my exposure to Knighton's inconsistencies and not MIller's.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Id still take Knighton over Miller but Marks over both.

Marks plays with a higher motor than both and is a disruptor. 8 pass deflections , 2 FF , 2 FR and tackles in every game. That he has yet to be blanked in a game and racks up solo tackles should speak to his ability to shed blocks.

TMD has a monster point as well. Teams have been having to throw the ball against Denver all year to keep up witn Manning and Co. Whereas here we have had teams run the ball more and use PA to deadly effect. Teams build a lead and then run the ball at us. If we had a better offense capable of forcing teams to throw more and use less PA due to the threat of easy runs with a lead Marks numbers would be even better.

Marks has been a pleasant acquisition, and he needs to be paid to stay. He appears to be a happy guy in the organization and well liked. Miller has had persistent knee tendinitis, that I believe has kept him from playing at 100% of his ability this season. However, he is a good motivator on and off the field.

Quote:Id still take Knighton over Miller but Marks over both.

Marks plays with a higher motor than both and is a disruptor. 8 pass deflections , 2 FF , 2 FR and tackles in every game. That he has yet to be blanked in a game and racks up solo tackles should speak to his ability to shed blocks.

TMD has a monster point as well. Teams have been having to throw the ball against Denver all year to keep up witn Manning and Co. Whereas here we have had teams run the ball more and use PA to deadly effect. Teams build a lead and then run the ball at us. If we had a better offense capable of forcing teams to throw more and use less PA due to the threat of easy runs with a lead Marks numbers would be even better.

I loved the way Kevin Harlan said his name during his fumble return at Clevleand.

During our Week 6 game at Denver, one of the commentators said Denver has the best defense against the run. Obviously, #94 has something to do with that.

Marks is better defending the pass. Knighton is better against the run. Having both would have been ideal.

I think a few of you bit at this, however nobody flat out said it.. Something i think should be considered more is that these three players have distinctly different games, which is the truest reason why you see this disparity. While Knighton, may have not been seen as a good fit he was still held at the same value as miller and marks... These really aren't  big contracts and I think Knighton thought he was going to get more, so coming back to Jax was not really an option for both sides despite the values of the Marks and Miller contracts. Hindsight is always 20/20. Knighton is still not a full time starter, nor is he impacting the Broncos defense so much that it's a mistake. Watch a Broncos game on game rewind and compare the three, it really is not a gross margin if at all when it comes to overall talent and more importantly game impact. 

Quote:Some stats left out: 

Passes Defended:

Knighton: 0

Marks: 8

Fumbles Recovered:

Knighton: 1

Marks: 2

that's a stat I like!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Marks is better defending the pass. Knighton is better against the run. Having both would have been ideal.

Maybe that is because when we had Knighton, we were a run-first team, so he got a lot more practice with defending the run. If that is the case, Knighton should be a more complete player on a team with one of the all-time best quarterbacks.