Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fulham Update For Those Interested

Also as you may know, there is no college/draft system. Clubs have their own "football academies". They will recruit localvplayers from age 9 & up. They then attempt to develop players with the intention that they can one day become a professional.

At the age of 16, they can be offered and sign a professional contract.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Fulham Cottagers shut out the Aston Villa Lions 2-0 today and now have 13 pts, tying them with West Ham Hammers and the Crystal Palace Glaziers for the last spot which avoids relegation. The Sunderland Coal Cats trail the group with just 8 points.

FYI- it appears that there are 20 teams in the league with the Arsenal Gunners leading the way with 34 points.

There are parallels here with the Jaguars as both teams attempt to get out from under. It looks like the stakes are higher in the soccer league b/c of the threat of relegation.

Go Cottagers!

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013, 01:59 PM by carlo.)

Stakes are huge in the Premier League, and relegation can really hurt a club, especially an established club like Fulham who have probably not budgeted for failure, which is why I was surprised that Shad Khan decided to buy a team.

Soccer clubs aren't a way to make money, they're usually a prestige item. Even Manchester United make annual losses in the pursuit of winning titles.

Here is an article I've found taken from then end of last season, highlighting the cost of relegation from the premier league

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/159...in-the-epl

Quote:Fulham won.  Yesssss.

They pretty much dominated. Didn't even look like the team I've been watching these past few weeks.

Must be that coaching/management change that the OP reported. Let's hope so. That would give a reason for hope for continued Offensive improvement...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Bleacher Report that Carlo posted is a very good read if you still aren't sure on the value on the premier league and what it means for clubs if they are relegated ! thanks for sharing that with the other fans who aren't sure about it carlo  :thanks:

Also , the game today , what a performance ! i hope some of you managed to watch it , we completely dominated all game . Judging by are performance you would never know we would be in the relegation zone . Nice goal by steve sidwell and a penalty scored by berbatov where he literally just walked and side footed it into the net haha , the coolest of cool penalties you will ever see ! i shall post highlights once i receive them !

seems like a good week for us FulhamJags ! :yes: