Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you be happy if

Quote:Jay Cutler will very likely look to play elsewhere unless the Bears pay him like a Franchise QB.  A veteran team that has many of the ingredients of a playoff caliber roster, with QB currently being a problem area,  could easily be willing to meet Cutler's contract demands.  

Like I expressed earlier in this thread,  the Jaguars don't seem to be a good fit for Cutler because it's a team that's building with young players.  But a team like the Jets for instance would more likely than not jump at the opportunity for Cutler if they can acquire him as an UFA or even in a trade if the Bears place the Franchise Tag on him.

Didn't Cutler say he wants to stay in Chicago? If being a Bear is that important to him, he will not test the market.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder what Tony Khan's analytics say about which QB to draft?

Quote:Didn't Cutler say he wants to stay in Chicago? If being a Bear is that important to him, he will not test the market.

My take is ideally, Jay Cutler would like to stay in Chicago.  However, I don't think he will want to stay in Chicago if he has to take a significant discount in salary.  Because Cutler will be entering his 9th season in 2014,  he probably will only get one more major multi-year contract.  If another team is willing to pay Cutler noticeably more than the Bears,  I seriously doubt he will sign a multi-year contract with Chicago.  Cutler has a huge amount of leverage in contract negotiations because of his natural ability and the shortage of highly talented QB's on the open market.

I'm not a Cutler fan but D6 is right when he says that, in this stage of the rebuild, Cutler is not a good fit for the Jaguars. He would cost too much and eat up too much of the team's resources.

On Mallett, he's been a good fit for the Patriots. He cost them a 3rd round pick and has been their capable (presumably or BB would have cut him) backup QB for several years. That's a decent return for a third round pick. That they tried to turn him into a #1 or #2 pick is not surprising and they may yet get that or recoup the 3. Would Mallett fit here? I'd leave that decision to the professionals as I don't know.

On Manziel, I wouldn't mind seeing him here. There, I said it.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Not interested in Cutler. Caldwell did say having the extra picks gives us room to move up. I wouldn't be against trading up into the 10-15 range for Carr. Manziel in the 2nd might be worth it, but I'm against trading up for him due to his attitude and injury history.
Love this idea of getting barr/clowney and then trading back up to get Carr

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm not a Cutler fan but D6 is right when he says that, in this stage of the rebuild, Cutler is not a good fit for the Jaguars. He would cost too much and eat up too much of the team's resources.

On Mallett, he's been a good fit for the Patriots. He cost them a 3rd round pick and has been their capable (presumably or BB would have cut him) backup QB for several years. That's a decent return for a third round pick. That they tried to turn him into a #1 or #2 pick is not surprising and they may yet get that or recoup the 3. Would Mallett fit here? I'd leave that decision to the professionals as I don't know.

On Manziel, I wouldn't mind seeing him here. There, I said it.

Exactly my sentiments. Well stated.

Quote:Love this idea of getting barr/clowney and then trading back up to get Carr

At this point it does not look like Carr will be available later in the first round. Obviously a lot can change but some have him as a top 5-10 pick.

Quote:At this point it does not look like Carr will be available later in the first round. Obviously a lot can change but some have him as a top 5-10 pick.

I read Manziel is also expected to be picked very high in the first round.