Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
List of QBs entering Draft

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 01:16 PM by Vicus.)

Didn't see any topics with an up to date list of QBs that are draft eligible and have declared.

Seniors:

Tajh Boyd, Clemson

Derek Carr, Fresno State

David Fales, San Jose State

Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois

Jeff Mathews, Cornell

AJ McCarron, Alabama

Zach Mettenberger, LSU

Stephen Morris, Miami

Aaron Murray, Georgia

Connor Shaw, South Carolina

Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech

Likely UDFAs include:

Garrett Gilbert, SMU

Keith Price, Washington

Kenny Guiton, Ohio State

Bryn Rennner, UNC

Tom Savage, Pittsburgh

Tyler Russell, Mississippi St

Jordan Lynch, Northern Illinois

Underclassmen:

Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville

Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M

Brett Hundley, UCLA (Unsure)

Blake Bortles, UCF (Unsure)

Brett Smith, Wyoming (Unsure)

When you list out all of the guys who will realistically be drafted, there are just not that many options. With Mariota out, Murray's ACL torn, and Mettenberger's ACL torn, we are looking at what could be considered a weak (or top heavy) QB class assuming Hundley and Bortles return to school next year.

If I had to rank them today in the order I believe they would be drafted, it would be something like:

Bridgewater, Carr, Manziel, Boyd, McCarron, Mettenberger, Murray

I'm all in on the selection of Jimmy Garopollo as a dark horse candidate for a day two pick up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 09:40 AM by Jagsrockmysox25.)

The jaguars are sitting at two. Crazy how the wind changes on this board every week. We are not out of the teddy sweepstakes yet. Lose to texans on Thursday, back at one. Mettenberger and Murray will be fine. By the start of next season, both should be good to go.

You people are scared of QB, jaguars will draft one and most likely with our first pick. No QB, we will continue to suck. Enjoy below average play while you all whine and nit pick the QB.

Quote:You people are scared of QB, jaguars will draft one and most likely with our first pick. No QB, we will continue to suck. Enjoy below average play while you all whine and nit pick the QB.

What a dopey thing to say. Just plain stupid. Scared of QB? WOW!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:What a dopey thing to say. Just plain stupid. Scared of QB? WOW!

Lots of people are. Every year it's the same thing, wait till next year, he stinks, bad class

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 10:42 AM by Vicus.)

Quote:Lots of people are. Every year it's the same thing, wait till next year, he stinks, bad class
I am not scared. The class is just smaller. The good pro-style QBs are still available. Bridgewater is still the best of the class, but if we can't get him, it's good to know that the next guy up wouldn't be too far off and could be had for a later pick. The class is really not too different from the Luck/RGIII class.

Luck/Bridgewater - Pro-style

Griffin/Manziel - Spread/scrambling

The only thing missing is Ryan Tannehill, which Carr could end up being. And look! There is even a Russell Wilson possibility with Boyd likely falling to the second day. 

Don't try to read between the lines here. We need a QB. This year we will get one.

Quote:Didn't see any topics with an up to date list of QBs that are draft eligible and have declared. 

Seniors:

Tajh Boyd, Clemson - Nope

Derek Carr, Fresno State - Possible but not sold

David Fales, San Jose State - Only if 4th or later

Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois - Only if 4th or later

AJ McCarron, Alabama - Looking likely and wouldnt mind it TBH

Zach Mettenberger, LSU - Possible if healed and 2nd round or later

Stephen Morris, Miami - Took a nosedive . Only 4th or later

Aaron Murray, Georgia - Possible if healed and 2nd roun dor later

Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech - Nope

Likely UDFAs include:

Garrett Gilbert, SMU

Keith Price, Washington

Kenny Guiton, Ohio State

Bryn Rennner, UNC - Interesting prospect

Tom Savage, Pittsburgh

Tyler Russell, Mississippi St

Jordan Lynch, Northern Illinois

Underclassmen: 

Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville - Preferred choice

Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M - Nope but would accept if choice was made and give him a chance

Brett Hundley, UCLA (Unsure) - Nope

Blake Bortles, UCF (Unsure) - Interesting prospect.

Quote:Lots of people are. Every year it's the same thing, wait till next year, he stinks, bad class
Show me anybody that has said that this year please. I mean, after all it should be easy since there are 'lots of them'.

Quote:Show me anybody that has said that this year please. I mean, after all it should be easy since there are 'lots of them'.

I'm not going to dig up old posts from posters just to win some debate with Ricocabesa. Every year it's the same thing, "wait till next year" "better class next year" " not sold on Player x". People are afraid of drafting QB, blame some of that on past performances in draft. Won't win in league without one.

Feel free to look up old posts yourself. Off the top of my head I don't have examples, they are there. If you want to search go for it

Quote:I am not scared. The class is just smaller. The good pro-style QBs are still available. Bridgewater is still the best of the class, but if we can't get him, it's good to know that the next guy up wouldn't be too far off and could be had for a later pick. The class is really not too different from the Luck/RGIII class.

Luck/Bridgewater - Pro-style

Griffin/Manziel - Spread/scrambling

The only thing missing is Ryan Tannehill, which Carr could end up being. And look! There is even a Russell Wilson possibility with Boyd likely falling to the second day. 

Don't try to read between the lines here. We need a QB. This year we will get one.

Bigger than last years and I believe mccaron and mettenberger will be fine by start of next year. It's a solid class, this is the year to get one

Quote:I'm not going to dig up old posts from posters just to win some debate with Ricocabesa. Every year it's the same thing, "wait till next year" "better class next year" " not sold on Player x". People are afraid of drafting QB, blame some of that on past performances in draft. Won't win in league without one.

Feel free to look up old posts yourself. Off the top of my head I don't have examples, they are there. If you want to search go for it
Why should I look them up when you made the stupid assertion? I mean seriously. Just a dumb, incorrect, assertion and I'm supposed to be the one that looks it up.

Every bit of conversation I've seen has been about who the BEST quarterback would be and that, some really weird way, correlates to people being 'afraid of QB'?

Really, REALLY, dumb.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 10:56 AM by BluegrassBrandon.)

When the Clowney bandwagon still had more than a few wayward souls driving it, lots of posters were advocating to take Clowney first and try for Winston 2015. I believe this was around the time that FSU destroyed Clemson and Jameis' hype was at a fever pitch.

Quote:When the Clowney bandwagon still had more than a few wayward souls driving it, lots of posters were advocating to take Clowney first and try for Winston 2015. I believe this was around the time that FSU destroyed Clemson and Jameis' hype was at a fever pitch.
And since there were 'lots' you should easily be able to show me this huge group. And how is wanting Winston being 'scared of QB'? To the best of my recollection, Winston plays QB.

Quote:Bigger than last years and I believe mccaron and mettenberger will be fine by start of next year. It's a solid class, this is the year to get one
Sure it's bigger than last years. Last years class legitimately sucked. No contesting that.

You can't be sure that Murray and Mettenberger will be well enough to play by the beginning of next season, and without the combine it will be hard to analyze their physical tools. That makes selecting them in the draft more of a crapshoot. This could workout to be a positive as they could be a steal in the later rounds, possibly with one of our extra picks. 

It's not a very top heavy class. There is only one "guaranteed" franchise guy and a bunch of coin flip guys. 

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 11:08 AM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:And since there were 'lots' you should easily be able to show me this huge group. And how is wanting Winston being 'scared of QB'? To the best of my recollection, Winston plays QB.

You can go find the discussions yourself. It doesn't matter to me what you're convinced of; I'm just telling you what took place here. If you want to concoct fantasies in your mind of me trying to lie to you, then have at it.

Some people will pick apart Winston under the microscope next year and then convince themselves of waiting for Hackenberg just like they were doing with Bridgewater. It's what always happens to the top guys if you're not an Andrew Luck.

Bridgewater is hardly a guarantee of anything and certainly doesn't have half the assuredness that Luck or even RGIII had coming out.  I say we draft two quarterbacks in the 2-4 including McCarron and just roll with Henne to start the season if he continues to play adequately.  

Gene's Myth

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 11:10 AM by Jagsrockmysox25.)

Quote:Why should I look them up when you made the stupid assertion? I mean seriously. Just a dumb, incorrect, assertion and I'm supposed to be the one that looks it up.

Every bit of conversation I've seen has been about who the BEST quarterback would be and that, some really weird way, correlates to people being 'afraid of QB'?

Really, REALLY, dumb.
It's there, I see your point, but it's there, and it's there every year. Not this exact thread but in general, there's people who just don't want QB unless it's perfect prospect like luck. Heck I've seen people say wait for QB till next year when Winston is there.

For what it's worth, schefter recently said next years class is going to be good.

Quote:For what it's worth, schefter recently said next years class is going to be good.

Exactly my point from above, they said the same thing last year of this QB class

Quote:For what it's worth, schefter recently said next years class is going to be good.

And I am sure next year he will say the same thing.

Quote:Exactly my point from above, they said the same thing last year of this QB class

Yeah, it's a yearly cycle. It's going to take a long time if you are waiting for another Andrew luck.