Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
List of QBs entering Draft

I'm hoping that the Carr hype gets him to the number 1 pick and the Texans aren't gun shy for carr's.

the best QB in this class is Bridgewater and it isn't close. If the jaguars don't land teddy, the QB position is going to continue to be in trouble.

next season is going to be another 4ish win season, in my opinion.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If both Bridgewater and Carr are gone, who would you propose the Jags draft for a QB?

Mettenberger isn't on the same level as either of those two, but he has some physical tools to be a good NFL QB. I see some Flacco/Rivers potential in him, though I'm not sure he ever develops to that point. That said I'd easily take one of those two over CSTblank's scenario.

Last year, if anyone suggested the jaguars considered even touching Mettenberger with a ten foot pole, it would have induced projectile vomiting from me and many other Jaguars fans.

However, he got experienced NFL caliber coaching from Cam Cameron and he seems to have progressed considerably.  I'm still doubtful he'll be anything other than a guy at the NFL level, but I feel a lot better about him than I did before.

Outside of Bridgewater and Carr, I'd like McCarron, Murray, and to a lesser extent Boyd.

McCarron gives me pause because most of the Bama QBs dating back to Richard Todd seemed to be weak armed guys who benefitted from the enormous talent around them.  But to me, McCarron breaks that mold.  His arm seems stronger than those other Alabama QBs like Jay Barker.  He's a very experienced passer who has played in a ton of big games, and has repeatedly come through in the clutch for Alabama.  Even when he lost a stud WR like Julio Jones, he still threw the ball quite well.

Murray has some qualities that remind me a little of Drew Brees, but he makes some questionable throws at times.  He won me over with his performance in the SEC title game against Alabama last year. I think he could benefit from a good QB coach in the NFL, and with health and the right supporting cast, I think he can do some good things.

Boyd has decent tools, but will be downgraded in part due to a slight build.  He has won at Clemson.  Now he's had the benefit of some good weapons there like Hopkins, Watkins, and Allen, but he's made some good use of them.

My opinion may change over the coming months.  I have not seen Bortles at all, and I have one recording of Fales (v. Fresno St.) that I have yet to watch.  I would also like to see more of the Price kid out of Washington.  But as of now, these are the guys I'd like short of Bridgewater and Carr.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 01:22 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote: I'm still doubtful he'll be anything other than a guy at the NFL level

News flash. This entire draft class of QBs is just guys.

There is simply no elite QB prospect to be had.

Absolutely no sense trying to fold, spindle, and mutilate this thinking that somehow we're going to create an elite quarterback prospect.

For this draft, it's ok to think quarterback, but there's no reason to lock on to one quarterback and force the issue. Bridgewater can look a lot like Quinn Gray on a good day.

We really need to stay focused on taking the best player available regardless of position.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:News flash. This entire draft class of QBs is just guys.

There is simply no elite QB prospect to be had.

Absolutely no sense trying to fold, spindle, and mutilate this thinking that somehow we're going to create an elite quarterback prospect.

For this draft, it's ok to think quarterback, but there's no reason to lock on to one quarterback and force the issue. Bridgewater can look a lot like Quinn Gray on a good day.

We really need to stay focused on taking the best player available regardless of position.

What makes you think that?

Mostly everything I've read, seen, and heard indicates this is one of the deepest drafts ever for QBs, even though there appears to be no Elway/Manning level prospect. 

If you have posted earlier on this subject and don't feel like rehashing it, simply clicking a link to your previous post(s) would be greatly appreciated.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Still driving the mediocrity bandwagon. No SB for us!

That's what I just read. 
So Bridgewater is the only QB who will be even remotely successful?

Don't you see how ridiculous this sounds?

Quote:I agree with everything you said. Unfortunately, you can't be a successful QB in the NFL if you make those molasses reads.
Tom Brady disagrees. 

I'm not comparing Berger to Brady, just stating that you don't have to be a quick QB to be successful, unless you plan on running a read option (which I hope we stay far far away from)

Quote:I see a bit of Leftwich in him.

While he's not a quick athlete like some of the other QBs in this draft, he doesn't even come close to having that hitching, catapult style wind up. 

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 06:04 PM by jagsfreak27.)

Quote:Tom Brady disagrees. 

I'm not comparing Berger to Brady, just stating that you don't have to be a quick QB to be successful, unless you plan on running a read option (which I hope we stay far far away from)

My comment was in reference to making quick reads, I think you may have misunderstood.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:People are sleeping on my boy Garoppollo.  While he wont be a first rounder, he's gonna be shooting up draft boards this spring.

You know we need to get our quarterback in the first round if possible, no later than Round 2. Whoever we pick must be able to start the first week and instantly perform much better than our last QB, Blaine Gabbert. We cannot afford a project. Has anybody ever projected Garoppollo as a top 10 pick?

Quote:My comment was in reference to making quick reads, I think you may have misunderstood.
Indeed I did misunderstand.

Quote:So Bridgewater is the only QB who will be even remotely successful?

Don't you see how ridiculous this sounds?
Teddy is about a 60% chance to be a franchise QB IMO. Carr and Bortles are about 50/50. Manziel, Mettenberger, Fales, and Garoppolo are like 20%. The rest... Murray/McCarron/etc are solid backups.