Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thank you Mr Caldwell

Hopefully this will stop the tanking talk once and for all. Whether we win or lose a game the Jags will still play hard.

“I don’t think that’s in anybody’s mindset that has ever stepped into an NFL franchise, and if it there is, they’re probably in the wrong industry,” Caldwell said in an interview with Alex Marvez and Bill Polian of Sirius XM NFL Radio.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-position/

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 09:32 AM by Jagsrockmysox25.)

Did you expect him to say otherwise? It's his job to win games. Not to intentionally lose them. However, deep down, he probably does want best QB that he likes, would make his job easier. And we all know henne and gabbert most likely won't be here next year

If he trusts in his scouting team he should believe his draft will be great no matter what.

Quote:Did you expect him to say otherwise? It's his job to win games. Not to intentionally lose them. However, deep down, he probably does want best QB that he likes, would make his job easier. And we all know henne and gabbert most likely won't be here next year

Trying to bend other people's words to justify a losing attitude makes tankers look even more pathetic. If you want to watch scripted matches, go root for a WWE wrestler or an NBA game.

Quote:Did you expect him to say otherwise? It's his job to win games. Not to intentionally lose them. However, deep down, he probably does want best QB that he likes, would make his job easier.

And hillbillies want to be called sons of the soil. But it ain't gonna happen.

;

;

Quote:Trying to bend other people's words to justify a losing attitude makes tankers look even more pathetic. If you want to watch scripted matches, go root for a WWE wrestler or an NBA game.

You believe everything you hear. Also, like I said, Caldwell is not tanking, it's his job to win games.

Fans want the first pick of the draft more than a GM does. GM's think they can get a great player at any spot in the draft.

LOL....Caldwell is speaking for HIMSELF as the JAGUARS are clearly NOT tanking....

However, he cannot speak for what happened in 2011 with the Colts, and whats possibly going on right now with the Houston Texans, which cases are suspect at least. 

Quote:LOL....Caldwell is speaking for HIMSELF as the JAGUARS are clearly NOT tanking....

However, he cannot speak for what happened in 2011 with the Colts, and whats possibly going on right now with the Houston Texans, which cases are suspect at least. 

Ah, lest we forget the man that truly can speak to the mindset of those involved in the league.  Not Caldwell, but TMD. 

Gene's Myth

Quote:LOL....Caldwell is speaking for HIMSELF as the JAGUARS are clearly NOT tanking....

Considering his close relationship with the Polians, I am sure he knows more about the 2011 Colts than you will ever hope to know.

;

;

How exactly do you think a tank job works when everyone involved, i.e. coaches, players, coordinators, managers, etc., have film as their resumes.  No one is willing to not do their job to the fullest of their ablities for the sake of a draft pick.  They are independent contractors, they are out there making a living. Who would be willing to put thier resume on the line for a draft slot?  No one. 

Quote:Considering his close relationship with the Polians, I am sure he knows more about the 2011 Colts than you will ever hope to know.

yeah, and tow the line for that "alleged" incident.... :whistling: 

and yes, even though Polian was fired, he would need to keep everything on the down-low as it would be assumed he was given "hush money". 

Also, since Polian hasn't seemingly even tried to get another GM gig, I'm guessing he was quite close to "retirement" anyway. 

Quote:yeah, and tow the line for that "alleged" incident.... :whistling:

and yes, even though Polian was fired, he would need to keep everything on the down-low as it would be assumed he was given "hush money". 

Also, since Polian hasn't seemingly even tried to get another GM gig, I'm guessing he was quite close to "retirement" anyway. 

Assumed by whom? You? Nobody else subscribes to this lame conspiracy theory.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 11:19 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:How exactly do you think a tank job works when everyone involved, i.e. coaches, players, coordinators, managers, etc., have film as their resumes.  No one is willing to not do their job to the fullest of their ablities for the sake of a draft pick.  They are independent contractors, they are out there making a living. Who would be willing to put thier resume on the line for a draft slot?  No one. 

THis has already been discussed, and yet the same people continue to ask the same above question as if they are zombies or trying to ya know, "help the cause" of keeping the Colts & Texans things silent. (for whatever odd reason). Maybe they just want to believe that this stuff doesn't happen in <cough> multi BILLION dollar entertainment sports, I dunno...

But anyway, to give another remedial cliff notes version of how it happens, is a all it takes is a few strategic young rookies or so inserted into the starting lineups of NFL teams at important positions to pretty much get the desired result of what the OWNER would want, i.e. losses that allow for a specific top player (Luck in that case) in the draft to be got, hence winning for years and years later. None of the players would even have to "lose on purpose". ALthough, when you look at the Colts effort in weeks 15 & 16 of the 2011 season (when there was a 2 or 3 game cushion between the top overall pick and the closest competitor) and then look at how they played in week 17, if you can honestly sit there with a straight face and say that they played just as hard, well then, I'm going to have to assume you've ingested a healthy dose of paint chips at one point or another - or you just enjoy bold faced lying. 

Quote:Assumed by whom? You? Nobody else subscribes to this lame conspiracy theory.

Well thats not true, I hear and continue to hear many people around the country when this topic comes up that do think the Colts tanked for Luck. 

Quote:Well thats not true, I hear and continue to hear many people around the country when this topic comes up that do think the Colts tanked for Luck. 

Like who?

Quote:How exactly do you think a tank job works when everyone involved, i.e. coaches, players, coordinators, managers, etc., have film as their resumes.  No one is willing to not do their job to the fullest of their ablities for the sake of a draft pick.  They are independent contractors, they are out there making a living. Who would be willing to put thier resume on the line for a draft slot?  No one.

I think the people who want the top pick and are for losing out understand that we think it's best, however, the team, coaches and front office are all here because it's their job to win games and put best product out on field. Which helps put money in the owners pocket.

Quote:THis has already been discussed, and yet the same people continue to ask the same above question as if they are zombies or trying to ya know, "help the cause" of keeping the Colts & Texans things silent. (for whatever odd reason). Maybe they just want to believe that this stuff doesn't happen in <cough> multi BILLION dollar entertainment sports, I dunno...

But anyway, to give another remedial cliff notes version of how it happens, is a all it takes is a few strategic young rookies or so inserted into the starting lineups of NFL teams at important positions to pretty much get the desired result of what the OWNER would want, i.e. losses that allow for a specific top player (Luck in that case) in the draft to be got, hence winning for years and years later. None of the players would even have to "lose on purpose". 
The OWNER doesn't have a specific top player, he stays out of football decisions, as he should.  The owner on down want to WIN (since you like yelling in caps) and don't buy into this crap.  This is a multi BILLION dollar industry focused on WINNING. 

Serious question for you.  What do you do for a living and do you have a family to support?

Quote:I think the people who want the top pick and are for losing out understand that we think it's best, however, the team, coaches and front office are all here because it's their job to win games and put best product out on field. Which helps put money in the owners pocket.
Exactly, it's not that difficult to see.

Quote:You believe everything you hear. Also, like I said, Caldwell is not tanking, it's his job to win games.

And you like to accuse others of being naive because you think it bolsters your argument. Again, bending other people's words to conform with your narrative. Of course it's Caldwell's job to win, just like it's Bradley's and every player on the team who has dedicated their life to be a professional football player. Purposely losing is not in their makeup, and I would venture to guess they would take deep umbrage towards any suggestion they should. The concept of tanking only appeals to those who have nothing invested or fantasy league players. If you're so convinced that losing is the right thing, please wear your Jags swag to the game tomorrow night and loudly cheer against them while surrounded by real fans.