Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thank you Mr Caldwell

Quote:You're talking out both sides of your mouth.

There is irony in basically saying I want the team to lose so it will improve. The flip side being that it is winning because it has improved.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There is irony in basically saying I want the team to lose so it will improve. The flip side being that it is winning because it has improved.
You win they complain, you lose they complain.  Why even watch football?

Quote:You win they complain, you lose they complain.  Why even watch football?
#becausejagsmb

Quote:Franchise QB? Eli, Newton, Peyton, luck, rg3, Ryan, tannehill just a few off the top of my head

hahah…RG3.. 

Gene's Myth

Quote:You're talking out both sides of your mouth.

Whats wrong with what I said? Please explain.

Quote:There is irony in basically saying I want the team to lose so it will improve. The flip side being that it is winning because it has improved.

Agree

If the Jags really wanted to tank this season and get the #1 pick in the draft all they had to do was put BG back in there as the starter. The new coaching staff started him at the beginning of the season to see what they had in him and once they saw for themselves what he was, that was it for BG. We all know Henne isn't great by any means, but he is better then BG, that's for sure.

For those who think the Colts tanked, basically, the Colts tanked their way to Luck by putting Curtis Painter in as starter and leaving him in there.

All a team has to do is put their worst option at QB in as a starter and watch the losses pile up and the draft pick rise up.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

The fact that they used henne pretty much proves the team wanted to WIN with what they had. Having said that, given the same circumstances ,we'll probably never know if gabbers would have improved after his injury. it was just too risky to find out. It will be in the history books soon.

Dabeea...Dabeea...Dabeea...

[Image: original.jpg]

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Ah, lest we forget the man that truly can speak to the mindset of those involved in the league.  Not Caldwell, but TMD. 
What league is that?  The league of extraordinary fry cooks?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 07:51 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:What league is that?  The league of extraordinary fry cooks?

Fry cooks?....hrmmmm.....Gettin' hungry again, huh?....well, push start that giant pile of japanese crap right there and tow yourself down to the golden arches to satisfy your Big Mac attack. 

Quote:For me it goes like this - if the Jags win out to close the season then I'll be happy. Because that would indicate there is something good going on/ building here. 

If the Jags win Thursday and then proceed to lose the next 3, thus probably missing out on Bridgewater/ Clowney/ Barr etc, while paving the way for the Texans to get one of them, THEN I'm going to be really upset and it will seem pointless to have won this Thursday game. 

There are several possible scenarios where we don't get one of the guys mentioned above, one being that Caldwell has someone rated higher than all three of them and passes on all three of them if given the opportunity.  Your statement sounds more like a setting of the stage for your eventual return to being on both sides of the fence.

Quote:Whats wrong with what I said? Please explain.

Tankers DO want the team to lose on purpose.  Not all, but most.  I simply can't see the logic in hoping a team doesn't win, thus not properly developing and evaluating the other 52 players on a team, for the sake of picking up one player who may, or may not, improve the team.  

Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
Thank you thank you silence

On Blaine Gabbert:  He is done with the Jags.  I expect him to be one of the first cuts. The Gabbs will end up being some teams emergency QB, retire, or go into the CFL.  He is not a starting QB in this league.

Tomorrow's game is a win/win situation.  If the Jags win, it gives this team more momentum going into off season plus a good win in front of the home crowd.  If the Jags lose, they take Houstons place in the draft. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:On Blaine Gabbert:  He is done with the Jags.  I expect him to be one of the first cuts. The Gabbs will end up being some teams emergency QB, retire, or go into the CFL.  He is not a starting QB in this league.

Tomorrow's game is a win/win situation.  If the Jags win, it gives this team more momentum going into off season plus a good win in front of the home crowd.  If the Jags lose, they take Houstons place in the draft. 
My Madden says different  :yucky:

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

If we don't get Teddy at least we can finally get that passrusher we've needed for ages. Between Clowney, Barr, Mack, I'm leaning toward Barr

Quote:Thank you India

Thank you terror

Thank you frailty

Thank you consequence

Well...you're welcome!

Quote:Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence

It's a death row pardon, 2 minutes too late

Quote:It's a death row pardon, 2 minutes too late

Nice !!!

Quote:My Madden says different  :yucky:

You edited him to have 99 in all stats too?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.