Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thank you Mr Caldwell

Quote:Wow, how shortsighted. Typical, though. 

IN 2 years or so Peyton will be retired. The Colts will likely still be winning with Andrew Luck for a decade longer or more. 
So you would give up a few years of superbowl runs, for a decade of a QB with Gabbert like stats? All hail the angry puppy

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Wow, how shortsighted. Typical, though. 

IN 2 years or so Peyton will be retired. The Colts will likely still be winning with Andrew Luck for a decade longer or more.

I'm not (nor should any Jaguar fan) be afraid of Andrew Luck, when I watch Luck I see a guy that consistently struggles with accuracy and his decision making, let's be thankful Russell Wilson isn't in our division.

Quote:RIght. Nothing like casual grocery store conversation like "Do you think Jim Irsay gave the Polians a bonus when he fired them because the team tanked for the first pick?".

No more like, "Did you see that Colts game this weekend vs the Broncos"?....."yeah, those Colts really got themselves a good one in that Andrew Luck, they were smart to ensure that top draft pick in 2011".... or something close to that effect....

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 11:39 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So you would give up a few years of superbowl runs, for a decade of a QB with Gabbert like stats? All hail the angry puppy

Um....you do realize that the Colts are on their way to their 2nd consecutive playoff / division title, with Luck, correct?

And I don't remember any Gabbert season with a positive TD to INT ratio, let alone a close to 2:1 TD INT ratio (this year) and 4000+ yards for both years probably.  

Quote:No kidding. No NFL team has tanked or will tank. My beef is with the belief that a team should tank (cheat). You seem to think it's okay to cheat.

Personally, yes, I want to have first pick. Jags don't have to cheat, there bad all by themselves. Do I think Caldwell and Bradley purposely are tanking? No. It's their job to win games, otherwise they are fired.

NFL never cheats............

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 11:37 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm not (nor should any Jaguar fan) be afraid of Andrew Luck, when I watch Luck I see a guy that consistently struggles with accuracy and his decision making, let's be thankful Russell Wilson isn't in our division.

I'm thankful Russell Wilson also isn't an opponent in our division.....the thought of Teddy Bridgewater on the Texans in addition to Luck with the Colts concerns me though...

Quote:No more like, "Did you see that Colts game this weekend vs the Broncos"?....."yeah, those Colts really got themselves a good one in that Andrew Luck, they were smart to ensure that top draft pick in 2011".... or something close to that effect....

And then it gets to "Irsay sure was smart to get the Polians to agree to tank the season and get fired at the end and then be paid a severance package for doing so"?

yea sanchez went to 2 consecutive AFC ttitle games.. whats your point

Quote:Um....you do realize that the Colts are on their way to their 2nd consecutive playoff / division title, with Luck, correct?
Um...you do realize that the Sanchize went to 2 consecutive AFC Title games, with the jets, correct? So whatsyour point Dillfer won a superbowl anything can happen luck is not the end all get all and if i had the choice of manning or luck for the next 3-4 years it would be manning.

Quote:And then it gets to "Irsay sure was smart to get the Polians to agree to tank the season and get fired at the end and then be paid a severance package for doing so"?
Doesn't it just make perfect sense?!?

Quote:I'm thankful Russell Wilson also isn't an opponent in our division.....the thought of Teddy Bridgewater on the Texans in addition to Luck with the Colts concerns me though...

I think the Texans will win two out of their remaining four games, the Vikings will draft Teddy Bridgewater, the Texans will be in a position to draft Derek Carr/Johnny Manziel.

Quote:Doesn't it just make perfect sense?!?

I always have conversations like that at Publix.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 11:51 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:And then it gets to "Irsay sure was smart to get the Polians to agree to tank the season and get fired at the end and then be paid a severance package for doing so"?

That has evolved in some of the convo's yes. Most of the time the convo's are brief like the one I mentioned, but the point was to show that many people are skeptical of what went down with the Colts in 2011....

Quote:yea sanchez went to 2 consecutive AFC ttitle games.. whats your point

Um...you do realize that the Sanchize went to 2 consecutive AFC Title games, with the jets, correct? So whatsyour point Dillfer won a superbowl anything can happen luck is not the end all get all and if i had the choice of manning or luck for the next 3-4 years it would be manning.

Sanchez ever throw for 4000 yards? 

Comparing Sanchez and Luck is laughable. If you cannot see that Luck has so much better command of the position than Sanchez, you might as well just stop posting. 

Plus, the Jets were a better all around team than the Colts in those years they went all the way to the AFCC games. 

Luck is offensive MVP for the Colts. Sanchez wasn't close to that. 

Quote:I think the Texans will win two out of their remaining four games, the Vikings will draft Teddy Bridgewater, the Texans will be in a position to draft Derek Carr/Johnny Manziel.

Personally I don't want the Texans getting any of them. I'd love for them to just go forward with Keenum. 

TMD, please read this carefully and understand how wrong you are. 

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 11:46 AM by Jags32250.)

Quote:That has evolved in some of the convo's yes. Most of the time the convo's are brief like the one I mentioned, but the point was to show that many people are skeptical of what went down with the Colts in 2011....
Must be true then!

I wish you Luck in this world son, you're gonna need it.

At the end of day, I don't see how you can be mad at any fan that want's his/her team to win, it's natural. However, you also can't be mad at a fan (especially a Jaguar fan) for wanting his/her team to be in a position to select what's perceived to be the best QB in the draft. Personally, I want my team that I  love so much to be in a position to select the best QB in the draft, the beautiful thing about it is no one knows if that's the 1st pick, 5th pick, 21st pick etc.. So let's the pieces fall where they may, I have confidence that this new regime will get it right.

Our last shot at pick 1 in my opinion is tomorrow. If we lose we are back to 1. We win we have taken ourselves out of the top pick, swept texans, with them having tough end to schedule, and probably out of top 5. Missing out on both top QB. And no Clowney. Yes, it's an important game, but for other reasons.

No, I'm not going to be happy if we won. No playoffs and most likely more bad seasons. Unless we hit jack pot with a Russell Wilson type.

Quote:Must be true then!

I wish you Luck in this world son, you're gonna need it.

It could very well be true. 

As for the 2nd comment, at least I won't be "naive" when things that go against the ideal happen. Your mind is totally closed to the possibility that the Colts tanked. 

Quote:NFL never cheats............

I was going to preempt this obvious empty argument by remarking that you shouldn't say that others cheat, but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. It didn't work.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 11:55 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Our last shot at pick 1 in my opinion is tomorrow. If we lose we are back to 1. We win we have taken ourselves out of the top pick, swept texans, with them having tough end to schedule, and probably out of top 5. Missing out on both top QB. And no Clowney. Yes, it's an important game, but for other reasons.

No, I'm not going to be happy if we won. No playoffs and most likely more bad seasons. Unless we hit jack pot with a Russell Wilson type.

For me it goes like this - if the Jags win out to close the season then I'll be happy. Because that would indicate there is something good going on/ building here. 

If the Jags win Thursday and then proceed to lose the next 3, thus probably missing out on Bridgewater/ Clowney/ Barr etc, while paving the way for the Texans to get one of them, THEN I'm going to be really upset and it will seem pointless to have won this Thursday game. 

Quote:I think the Texans will win two out of their remaining four games, the Vikings will draft Teddy Bridgewater, the Texans will be in a position to draft Derek Carr/Johnny Manziel.

Welp.

Now this would be a doomsday scenario.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."