Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thank you Mr Caldwell

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 11:56 AM by Jags32250.)

Quote:For me it goes like this - if the Jags win out to close the season then I'll be happy. Because that would indicate there is something good going on/ building here. 

If the Jags win Thursday and then proceed to lose the next 3, thus probably missing out on Bridgewater/ Clowney/ Barr etc, while paving the way for the Texans to get one of them, THEN I'm going to be really upset and it will seem pointless to have won this Thursday game. 
Khan is shivering at the thought...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Back on topic:

“There is no guarantees (in the draft),” Caldwell said. “Shad Khan pays us on a daily basis to make this the best franchise that we can do and then in the draft he pays us to make good decisions wherever we’re picking and make the best of that situation. We’re focused on becoming a better team here and hopefully that translates into wins.”
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

As long as the Texans don't get the 1st overall pick, that would disastrous. They'd be in a position to draft the best available QB, or in a position pair up J.J. Watt with Jadeveon Clowney/Anthony Barr.

Quote:Our last shot at pick 1 in my opinion is tomorrow. If we lose we are back to 1. We win we have taken ourselves out of the top pick, swept texans, with them having tough end to schedule, and probably out of top 5. Missing out on both top QB. And no Clowney. Yes, it's an important game, but for other reasons.

No, I'm not going to be happy if we won. No playoffs and most likely more bad seasons. Unless we hit jack pot with a Russell Wilson type.

Or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Colin Kaepernick or Phillip Rivers or Ben Roethlisberger or Joe Flacco...

Quote:Or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Colin Kaepernick or Phillip Rivers or Ben Roethlisberger or Joe Flacco...

Well Rogers, rivers, rothlesberger and flacco were all first rounders so it's not that far off. Rivers was 4th overall. Bree's and kaep......Bree's was one of the all time steals of the draft. Guys not even 6 ft yet is an elite QB. Kaep needs to improve. Most franchise QB are first round pick and most are top 10 selections

Quote:Well Rogers, rivers, rothlesberger and flacco were all first rounders so it's not that far off. Rivers was 4th overall. Bree's and kaep......Bree's was one of the all time steals of the draft. Guys not even 6 ft yet is an elite QB. Kaep needs to improve. Most franchise QB are first round pick and most are top 10 selections

What is your definition of most?

I would like to think that no one actually think the players are tanking for draft picks.  No player would do that

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:What is your definition of most?

Franchise QB? Eli, Newton, Peyton, luck, rg3, Ryan, tannehill just a few off the top of my head

Quote:Franchise QB?  rg3,  tannehill
really?

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 12:26 PM by Ninja#117.)

Quote:As long as the Texans don't get the 1st overall pick, that would disastrous. They'd be in a position to draft the best available QB, or in a position pair up J.J. Watt with Jadeveon Clowney/Anthony Barr.

Thats the only thing i dont want at this point. I really want them in that #5 spot with us at #2 and them unable to trade past us to #1 for Clowney ,Barr or Bridgewater and then they have to settle for whatever we leave them. Minn gets the #1 pick and uses it on Bridgewater and we use the #2 on Barr or Clowney. the #3 team takes whoever we dont the #4 team trades with a team that needs Matthews and the Texans get stuck at #5 with no one left to entice a trade with and no one left on the board that fits or deserves the pick. They take a defensive player and then we take Carr/Mcarron at the top of the 2nd and we kill them with their former Qbs younger brother.

Unfortunately this will likely be us playing the role of the texans in my texans get screwed scenario.

Edit: Also keep the same scenario with MInn inexplicably taking Barr or Clowney and not Bridgewater and we get bridgewater at #2.

Quote:Thats the only thing i dont want at this point. I really want them in that #5 spot with us at #2 and them unable to trade past us to #1 for Clowney ,Barr or Bridgewater and then they have to settle for whatever we leave them. Minn gets the #1 pick and uses it on Bridgewater and we use the #2 on Barr or Clowney. the #3 team takes whoever we dont the #4 team trades with a team that needs Matthews and the Texans get stuck at #5 with no one left to entice a trade with and no one left on the board that fits or deserves the pick. They take a defensive player and then we take Carr/Mcarron at the top of the 2nd and we kill them with their former Qbs younger brother.

Unfortunately this will likely be us playing the role of the texans in my texans get screwed scenario.

Edit: Also keep the same scenario with MInn inexplicably taking Barr or Clowney and not Bridgewater and we get bridgewater at #2.

This is a real possibility, especially considering they'll be losing Jared Allen to FA. I can see the Vikings going after a guy like Jay Cutler (because they're dumb) and drafting Clowney with the 1st overall pick, their GM is on the hot seat and needs to win right now.

Quote:As long as the Texans don't get the 1st overall pick, that would disastrous. They'd be in a position to draft the best available QB, or in a position pair up J.J. Watt with Jadeveon Clowney/Anthony Barr.

JJ & Clowney......that would be scary

lol @ the tankers.  if we lose 3 of the last 4, will people question callwells credibility?  

Quote:LOLOL, yes, JIM IRSAY has proven to be a low -key; stay out of the team affair kind of owner, huh?... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the belly laugh!!!

and Yes Jim Irsay does want to win....which he knew he'd be doing for YEARS more with Andrew Luck, as it has already started to play out. 

I'm sure you're also big on a conspiracy theory regarding the JFK assassination.

Are we to believe that after so many in the Colts organization got fired as a result of a 1-15 record, not one person has revealed any information indicating any attempt to tank.

And you want us to believe that Polian and Irsay are buddies and cooked up this plan? You're more out of touch about this issue than you are usually. 

You need to go back to editing that Chip Kelly fan club magazine.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Holy Cow, All I tried to do was put a lid on the pot, not stir the darn thing. :no: 

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Holy Cow, All I tried to do was put a lid on the pot, not stir the darn thing. :no: 
As long as tin foil is readily available for hat fashioning  -  methinks this pot hath no lid. 

None of the "tankers" think anyone in the organization should lose on purpose. We think that the fastest way to improving the team is finding a franchise QB, and losing right now will increase the chances of finding that guy. The chances of Bridgewater or Carr becoming franchise guys is way higher than anyone else in the draft.

Quote:Well thats not true, I hear and continue to hear many people around the country when this topic comes up that do think the Colts tanked for Luck. 
The guy on the grassy knoll knows fosho

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:None of the "tankers" think anyone in the organization should lose on purpose. We think that the fastest way to improving the team is finding a franchise QB, and losing right now will increase the chances of finding that guy. The chances of Bridgewater or Carr becoming franchise guys is way higher than anyone else in the draft.

So you want them to lose, just not on purpose. Got it.

Quote:None of the "tankers" think anyone in the organization should lose on purpose. We think that the fastest way to improving the team is finding a franchise QB, and losing right now will increase the chances of finding that guy. The chances of Bridgewater or Carr becoming franchise guys is way higher than anyone else in the draft.

You're talking out both sides of your mouth.