Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Jags The Worst Team Of All Time" Some Said...

Where are they at now?

The improvements from game one throughout the season to this point have been tremendous. Extremely young roster, brand new head coach, GM, an owner still new to the game, but with a passion for winning.

Signs are good, and the "Chicken Little" fellas are gone. Life is good.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who is Chicken Little? Recently all I am hearing is, "Won their last three road games and three of their last four . . ." All of the Chicken Littles moved to Houston and Atlanta.

The team is its record.  The Jaguars are a very bad team; however in week 12, they are one win better than they were last year.

Chicken Little?  Really?

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

At the start of the season they were as bad as any team I've ever seen in the NFL and what with it being the middle of the year, I for one figured help was not on the way.

However, the improvements everyone from top to bottom has made have been amazing to watch. There truly can be no doubting Gus Bradley's ability to motivate and I am not one who believes a whole lot in rah rah coaching.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

The first 8 games, the Jaguars really were.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Where are they at now?

The improvements from game one throughout the season to this point have been tremendous. Extremely young roster, brand new head coach, GM, an owner still new to the game, but with a passion for winning.

You can admit that through the bye week, they were pretty bad. There were a few (very few) small signs. Like the way they competed in Denver for most of the game. But those were few and far between.

;

;

Quote:The first 8 games, the Jaguars really were.

The first 8 games included losses to:

Chiefs (9-3)

Raiders (in Oakland)

Seahawks (11-1, in Seattle)

Colts (8-4)

Broncos (10-2, bin Denver)

49ers (8-4)

Five of our first eight games were against teams that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today. We always lose on the West Coast. Only 2 of the first 8 games - against the Rams and Chargers - should have been wins for the Jaguars.

Also, our ninth loss was to the 7-5 Cardinals, who are still trying to clinch a wild card spot in the NFC.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 12:21 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Where are they at now?

Winning after securing a sixth-consecutive non-winning season simply means players are attempting to avoid their own demise. It happens like this every year in the NFL.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

I don't know how anyone can't be anything short of thrilled at the turn around after the bye week. Day and night this team is playing better and it's given me an admitted critic of Caldwell at the start of this rebuild new hope.

I still don't like some of the moves we made but that doesn't matter, what matters is the results and finishing this season strong is evidence that we are headed in the right direction. Before the bye there was no evidence we where headed in the right direction.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I thought that last year's team was worse than this year's team pretty much the whole season.  We were so pitiful last year, just downright uncompetitive.

Quote:I thought that last year's team was worse than this year's team pretty much the whole season.  We were so pitiful last year, just downright uncompetitive.

I agree. Last year was pitiful. I thought this years team just often looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing. For instance, while being last in the league in rushing defense, we also led the league in rushes stopped for a loss (at one point anyway) which indicated to me we have the talent to defend the run well but our guys were often out of position.

Still, both lines seem to be getting the scheme figured out which is nice to see.

Quote:I don't know how anyone can't be anything short of thrilled at the turn around after the bye week. Day and night this team is playing better and it's given me an admitted critic of Caldwell at the start of this rebuild new hope.

I still don't like some of the moves we made but that doesn't matter, what matters is the results and finishing this season strong is evidence that we are headed in the right direction. Before the bye there was no evidence we where headed in the right direction.

Glad you feel that way. When you've seen this over and over again for as many season as many of us have, its' really old.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 12:48 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:I thought that last year's team was worse than this year's team pretty much the whole season.  We were so pitiful last year, just downright uncompetitive.

I think last year's team sincerely fought hard, but didn't have enough wealth at health to compete. It was tough on Muke. He really got a raw deal.

Quote:Glad you feel that way. When you've seen this over and over again for as many season as many of us have, its' really old.

I've been here for every season from the start. But please continue to troll on........

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I thought that last year's team was worse than this year's team pretty much the whole season. We were so pitiful last year, just downright uncompetitive.

Last year MJD broke his foot in Oakland. None of his backups could do what he did. We were suddenly forced to be a pass-first offense when we were not equiupped for that. Sometimes, nobody can be blamed and it just happens. Also, Gene Smith continued to make the same old stupid mistakes, so we still lacked talent at many positions and had too many players on injured reserve. Now we are seeing David Caldwell change that to give the coaches better players to work with. But the coaching staff made a big difference in changing the culture so we can finally get used to winning games.

Quote: It was tough on Muke. He really got a raw deal.

ok

;

;

What's happening is a combination of things.   We are still a bad team.  But we are starting to figure out what we do well and what we don't do well.   Rookies are starting to develop.   And MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, the Jaguars are still playing hard, and some of our opponents are letting down because of their record and their elimination from the playoffs.  

I sincerely believe that.   Some of our opponents lately are going through late season letdowns, but our coaches are somehow getting our players to keep playing hard.  That's a big credit to our coaches. 

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 08:01 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:The team is its record.  The Jaguars are a very bad team; however in week 12, they are one win better than they were last year.

Chicken Little?  Really?

Yes, to some, the sky was falling early on in the season. Nothing but despair with no sign of hope or getting better.

Worst team of all time many said.

;

Quote:You can admit that through the bye week, they were pretty bad. There were a few (very few) small signs. Like the way they competed in Denver for most of the game. But those were few and far between.
That they were, no question. But the doom and gloom some on here were talking about was waaaay over the top.

;

Quote:Winning after securing a sixth-consecutive non-winning season simply means players are attempting to avoid their own demise. It happens like this every year in the NFL.
Yes, I am sure this is it.

;