Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Jags The Worst Team Of All Time" Some Said...

If Henne had been the starter from the beginning we would most likely have the same record.  We won despite his play against the Titans.  That said progress is nice.  This is what I was looking for last year and we got a pile of crude instead.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not too much could top the Spurgeon Wynn led Cleveland Browns when they played here. Forget the year.

Those Akili Smith Cincinnati teams were pretty rough too.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Where are they at now?

The improvements from game one throughout the season to this point have been tremendous. Extremely young roster, brand new head coach, GM, an owner still new to the game, but with a passion for winning.

Signs are good, and the "Chicken Little" fellas are gone. Life is good.

I didn't read all the previous posts but I'll just say that maybe you should cool your jets until the Jags beat a team with a winning record.

Beating crap teams doesn't make this team good. Just not as bad as those they've beat.

Quote:I think it was 2000. We also played the Cardinals that year and it was equally as pathetic.

I don't recall the exact yardage total, but I don't think the Browns ever crossed mid-field on us.

There it is.

I don't think you can get much worse than that.  -9 net yards passing and a whopping 53 yards of total offense.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I don't recall the exact yardage total, but I don't think the Browns ever crossed mid-field on us.

There it is.

I don't think you can get much worse than that.  -9 net yards passing and a whopping 53 yards of total offense.
LOL.  You can bet the game is in hand when Coughlin sends in Shyrone Stith.  

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 07:04 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

The Jags team I saw in the 1st half of the season WAS one of the worst teams of all time. They lost all 8 games by double digits, were very uncompetitive during most of those games, looked worse then an expansion team and quite honestly, looked like they had a very realistic chance of going 0-16. Those things make you one of the worst teams of all time.

Then, the bye week came and something changed/happened. I'm still not exactly sure what it was. It's the same team with the same coaches and coordinators isn't it? I know the schedule for the 2nd half isn't at tough as the 1st half, but still, this was a Jags team that did not look like it was going to win a single game, even against a weaker non playoff team, on the road or at home.

I simply have to give the credit to Gus Bradley and the coaching staff for turning what was one of the worst teams of all time into a much different looking team in the 2nd half of the season, and he is doing it with his top receiver out, #2 draft pick out and Chad Henne as his QB. Gus has somehow made this "worst of all time team" more competive and much more fun to watch compared to earlier in the year.

Thank you Coach Bradley

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:The first 8 games included losses to:

Chiefs (9-3)

Raiders (in Oakland)

Seahawks (11-1, in Seattle)

Colts (8-4)

Broncos (10-2, bin Denver)

49ers (8-4)

Five of our first eight games were against teams that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today. We always lose on the West Coast. Only 2 of the first 8 games - against the Rams and Chargers - should have been wins for the Jaguars.

Also, our ninth loss was to the 7-5 Cardinals, who are still trying to clinch a wild card spot in the NFC.
And the Jaguars got stomped in all of those games without showing any signs of life.

The Jaguars weren't bad because of their opponents. They were bad because they were bad.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 07:33 PM by iapetus.)

Quote:Your failing to grasp Worst of all time. The worst team of all time would not win a football game. Wouldn't happen.

No, I'm not. You, however, are. The worst team of all time would have a losing record over time if they played any other team repeatedly at a neutral venue. But they wouldn't have to be winless, and almost certainly wouldn't be.

Quote:The Jags team I saw in the 1st half of the season WAS one of the worst teams of all time. They lost all 8 games by double digits, were very uncompetitive during most of those games, looked worse then an expansion team and quite honestly, looked like they had a very realistic chance of going 0-16. Those things make you one of the worst teams of all time.

Then, the bye week came and something changed/happened. I'm still not exactly sure what it was. It's the same team with the same coaches and coordinators isn't it? I know the schedule for the 2nd half isn't at tough as the 1st half, but still, this was a Jags team that did not look like it was going to win a single game, even against a weaker non playoff team, on the road or at home.

I simply have to give the credit to Gus Bradley and the coaching staff for turning what was one of the worst teams of all time into a much different looking team in the 2nd half of the season, and he is doing it with his top receiver out, #2 draft pick out and Chad Henne as his QB. Gus has somehow made this "worst of all time team" more competive and much more fun to watch compared to earlier in the year.

Thank you Coach Bradley

^This.

I was one of those who thought the 2013 Jags were possibly the worst team ever. Whatever Bradley did during the bye week, it worked better than I could ever imagine.

At least I am willing to admit I was wrong. Last weekend in my pick-em league I even predicted a Jags victory over the Browns. Smile

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:The first 8 games included losses to:

Chiefs (9-3)

Raiders (in Oakland)

Seahawks (11-1, in Seattle)

Colts (8-4)

Broncos (10-2, bin Denver)

49ers (8-4)

Five of our first eight games were against teams that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today. We always lose on the West Coast. Only 2 of the first 8 games - against the Rams and Chargers - should have been wins for the Jaguars.

Also, our ninth loss was to the 7-5 Cardinals, who are still trying to clinch a wild card spot in the NFC.

And all of our wins are against pretty awful teams.

To count Oakland as a "should lose" just because we traveled is ridiculous. The Raiders are absolutely awful. Is this team was any good at all, we would have thumped them. 

Everyone needs to come back down to Earth. So we won a few games, cool. It's nice seeing some progress; but we are still baaaaaaad

Quote:I didn't read all the previous posts but I'll just say that maybe you should cool your jets until the Jags beat a team with a winning record.

Beating crap teams doesn't make this team good. Just not as bad as those they've beat.

That is a valid point if you don't know Dwayne Gratz was a Rookie of the Week nominee after the Titans game and Jonathan Cyprien can get the same award this week. We really are improving.

Quote:And all of our wins are against pretty awful teams.

To count Oakland as a "should lose" just because we traveled is ridiculous. The Raiders are absolutely awful. Is this team was any good at all, we would have thumped them. 

Everyone needs to come back down to Earth. So we won a few games, cool. It's nice seeing some progress; but we are still baaaaaaad

You are calling a 4-4 team awful? That was Tennessee's record when we flew to Nashville. Although the Titans are not a playoff team, they are also not in the race for #1  in the 2014 draft.

I don't really think we "should lose" every time we go to Oakland. I was just noting historically we have always sucked on the West Coast, so a loss in Oakland could have been partially due to the game's location. If that game was in Jacksonville, we would have had a better chance of winning it.

I don't think anybody is saying we are suddenly a good team now. People are just trying to look for positives in a horrible season. It looks like during the bye, the Jaguars went to Lowe's - because we never stop improving.

Quote:... During the bye, the Jaguars went to Lowe's - because we never stop improving.

Boom!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

The improvements from game one throughout the season to this point have been tremendous. Extremely young roster, brand new head coach, GM, an owner still new to the game, but with a passion for winning.

Because up until the bye week the Jaguars were statistically the worst team in NFL history. This is fact, it's not something that's up for debate, and it doesn't mean someone was a "chicken little" for pointing it out.

Welcome to Duval, you will be hit.

I dont know if I would go that far to say tremendous, I mean Mularkey finished with 30th ranked Offense after 3/4 of the season the team is currently ranked 32 despite the fact that the Jaguars had the 2nd overall draft pick under Gus & Dave (GM).  The worst team KC under a great coach Andy Reid was able to win 9 games this year (so it is possible to do with the right coaching staff).  I am not bashing Dave or Gus I think the team is much better off than it was under Mularkey I just think its too soon to say tremendous improvement.  I think Gus needs this win badly against the Texans to prove that he is doing a better job than Mularkey wouldve with a 2nd year.