Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Updated race to the #1 overall pick (The Jaguars vs Houston Vs ST. Louis (via Washington) etc...

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013, 06:28 PM by jagforlife85.)

Below is a list of all the remaining 3 win teams (and under), along with their schedules and SOS.

Jacksonville 3-9      Houston 2-10     Washington  3-9   Minnesota 3-8-1  Tampa 3-9       Atlanta 3-9

(.505)                   (.552)                (.521)                    (.537)               (.578)                (.552)

Houston             @ Jacksonville     Kansas City         @ Ravens          Buffalo            @ Green Bay

Buffalo               @ Indianapolis    @ Atlanta              Eagles              San Fran           Washington

Tennessee              Denver              Dallas              @ Bengals       @ St. Louis         @ San Fran

@ Indianapolis       @ Tennessee     @ NYG                 Detroit           @ New Orleans     Carolina

Looking at these schedules, I think Atlanta will win this week, and has a chance to win next week before losing their final two games, finishing 4-12/5-11. Tampa has a chance to beat both Buffalo & St. Louis, but will lose to San Fran and NO finishing 4-12/5-11. I don't see Minnesota beating any of the teams on their remaining schedule; they have a good chance of going 3-12-1.

Washington (Imo) can win this week against an overrated Kansas City team at home, I can also see them beating Dallas, Atlanta, & the NYG's, and I think they'll finish 5-11. Houston has 3 winnable games against Jacksonville, Indianapolis, & Tennessee; I believe they'll win two out of their final 4 games finishing 4-12. Jacksonville's 4 remaining games are all winnable, however I have a tough time favoring this team against any of its remaining opponents as they all have more talent, I believe we'll win 1 out of our remaining 4 games finishing 4-12.

The Minnesota Vikings are in the best possible situation to land the #1 overall pick, and I believe the top 6 draft order when it's all said in done will be

Minnesota  3-12-1

Jacksonville- 4-12

Houston  4-12

Tampa 4-12

Atlanta 5-11

St Louis (via Washington) 5-11

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We'll be 7-9 in the playoffs.

How did you make that table? I wanted to write that way in my Worst Teams Tracker thread but could not make straight columns.

One thing to consider here is the Rams factor: They might want a quarterback, according to D6. So the RG3 trade could actually hurt us.

Because Houston is in the same division, SOS is not a concern: they got the Ravens and Patriots while we got the Browns and Bills. However, the way we are playing now, I can see us sweeping them and finishing with a better record. Thank God head to head is not a draft order tiebreaker.

I am not too worried about the Falcons because their biggest draft need is defensive end and they are settled at quarterback, so they most likely will pick Jadaveon Clowney, who I don't want. But just in case, I will be rooting for them too. The team I am most worried about is quarterback-starved Minnesota.

I think we will finish with 3 wins along with the vikings.

I think it is interesting there may be a 4 win team with the number one pick.  Looks like it hasn't happened for a decade, 2004 draft SD Chargers.

I'll be rooting for Houston on Thursday night at EverBank Field.  Yep, I said it.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

If we can't draft Teddy Bridgewater, this team is doomed for 

ETERNITY

Quote:I'll be rooting for Houston on Thursday night at EverBank Field.  Yep, I said it.

The first step to being a loser is admission.   Tongue

Quote:I think we will finish with 3 wins along with the Vikings.

The Vikings can't finish with the same number of wins as anybody else.

Quote:I think it is interesting there may be a 4 win team with the number one pick.  Looks like it hasn't happened for a decade, 2004 draft SD Chargers.

Do you really think no team will have fewer than four wins?

What would be really weird is a 3.5-win team picking first. I don't think that ever happened before.

Quote:The Vikings can't finish with the same number of wins as anybody else.

Why is that?

Quote:The first step to being a loser is admission.   Tongue
As the college football season has played out, the less enumerated I am with having the #1 pick.

We're practically a lock for top 5 as it is, and anyone who claims the talent drop of from 1-5 is substantial is only fooling themselves.

I'll be rooting for my team to win, on national TV, against a rival. Thank you, very much.

Doesn't St. Louis still have Washington's first pick?  They must be psyched on Washington's losing.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:Doesn't St. Louis still have Washington's first pick?  They must be psyched on Washington's losing.

I am sure they are. My question for you is why didn't you see in the thread title they have Washington's pick?

Quote:As the college football season has played out, the less enumerated I am with having the #1 pick.

We're practically a lock for top 5 as it is, and anyone who claims the talent drop of from 1-5 is substantial is only fooling themselves.

I'll be rooting for my team to win, on national TV, against a rival. Thank you, very much.
Amen to that!!! I will be there yelling for our Jags to win #4!!!!!

Quote:I'll be rooting for Houston on Thursday night at EverBank Field.  Yep, I said it.

Good luck with that! Hope you have your tissues ready.

The RGIII trade is coming back to haunt the Skins.

If hypothetically the Jags lose out and get Bridgewater and he turns out to be a bust, will you root for the Jags to lose every game next year too?  When do you stop rooting for them to lose and start rooting for them to win?  Or do you?  Does that make sense?

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

How happy is STL for the rg3 trade now lol

Quote:I am sure they are. My question for you is why didn't you see in the thread title they have Washington's pick?
I'm just use to assuming St. Louis is the running on their own merit.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman