Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doomsday Scenario....... Well, For Some, Maybe.

Fast forward to next May. Let's say that the Jags have the first overall pick. If not that one, then a top 3 pick. Now, assume a fan favorite QB is available (insert flavor of the day).

What do you do as fans if the pick isn't that coveted QB? What if Caldwell decided another direction was safer?

How do you react to it? Discuss.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don't draft scared.

I should have my bunker completed and stocked by then. Should be ok until the end of training camp.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Where is the fast forward button. Can't find it.

The same as I would if he did pick the guy I want. Regardless of who is picked, I'm going to make my own evaluation of the pick based on the production level it brings. I'll probably question it on draft night, but will certainly be willing to see how it works out. In the end, I want a Super Bowl, whether we pick the player I want or not.

Hope that he turns out to be right like he did with Geno Smith.  Then continue hoping we draft a Quarterback.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

top of wells fargo

no flubber suit

that's how I roll

If he doesn't draft a QB overall, and we're in the top three, that means he's gonna grab one of the two talented pass rushers in this draft, Barr or Clowney. Barr is the picture perfect LEO and has incredible upside, I think he would probably be the pick over Clowney.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

I would be just fine with Barr or Clowney in the 1st

If we pass on QB in the first and 2nd, I will cry.

Quote:If we pass on QB in the first and 2nd, I will cry.
Glennon and Wilson were third round picks the past two drafts but I get your point lol. David Fales!!!!!

Easy, Dave is the gm. He knows more than me. So, I will look forward to see how that player can help the team.

Quote:Easy, Dave is the gm. He knows more than me. So, I will look forward to see how that player can help the team.

[Image: 2713641.jpg]

[Image: 33yq44j.gif]

Keep in touch on Facebook: WE ARE JAGUARS

Quote:[Image: 2713641.jpg]
We're winning without Joeckel and Blackmon. Gimme those two, Barr, Fales, and a better interior OL this team can be .500 next season

Quote:We're winning without Joeckel and Blackmon. Gimme those two, Barr, Fales, and a better interior OL this team can be .500 next season

.500?....I think thats conservative. 

I expect a winning record and playoffs next season. 

Quote:.500?....I think thats conservative. 

I'm cautiously optimistic for this as well. The division will be much tougher, unfortunately, because the Texans will most likely have a good QB and I expect the Colts to be better. But it's hard to deny the upward momentum of this franchise right now.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:.500?....I think thats conservative. 

LOL!  TMD is laying the ground work for next seasons posts. 

If the Jags make the playoffs, he will claim he predicted it all along.  If they don't it will be because they didn't follow his plan.   SSDD.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 10:30 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm cautiously optimistic for this as well. The division will be much tougher, unfortunately, because the Texans will most likely have a good QB and I expect the Colts to be better. But it's hard to deny the upward momentum of this franchise right now.

Plus in the current era of the NFL, quick rebuilds are possible. This isn't your fathers NFL where rebuilds used to take 4 or 5 years to make the playoffs. 

In the past 5-6 years, there have been several worst to first type examples the first or second year. The key is getting the QB, though. 

If the Jags have a top pick, and the highest fan-coveted QB is on the board and Dave goes in a different direction, I would be shocked. The QB is a critical position and an obvious need.

However, I would quickly understand that Dave's information and sources are much better than the fans-at-large, and the coveted QB must not be considered by them as highly as 'us' fans. My hope would be that he expects a certain other QB to be available in a later round with a similar internal grade with his sources to the fan-coveted one. I also would hope that the guy taken in round one, instead of the QB, is viewed internally by his staff and sources as an impact can't miss difference maker.

At some point you need a QB, and expecting a franchise QB to come out of a 3rd or 6th round pick is folly. History shows the most successful QBs have overwhelmingly been first rounders. Now if everyone is okay with going Henne in 2014,fine, I'm prepared for another losing record that'll probably get us 5 wins and the 6th pick. Maybe Jameis Winston falls but I doubt it.