Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cyprien's Pick - A thing of beauty

[Image: zxugbF.gif]

edit: second gif added[Image: SKtyiv.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He should have 2 in two weeks.  Let's get another one this week Cyp.  Take it to the crib this time. 

...but how sure are you that he had full possession??

Coulda gone either way IMO

next we'll be posting receiver's ordinary catches for first downs, and LB's tackles for 4-5 yard gains....

Quote:next we'll be posting receiver's ordinary catches for first downs, and LB's tackles for 4-5 yard gains....

because a tackle or an ordinary reception has the same impact on a game as an INT....

Quote:because a tackle or an ordinary reception has the same impact on a game as an INT....

Cyprien made a play there that he should have made. Good for him. 

Rube Baker: Wow, Willie's really got some power.

Lou Brown: Off a guy who'll be bagging groceries in a couple of weeks!

Quote:Cyprien made a play there that he should have made. Good for him.
Heaven forbid it doesn't live up to your 'standards'.

Your standards. Lolololololol......
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Agreed. He was the 33rd pick of the draft. I'd expect a guy picked that high to catch passes that hit him in the hands.

He's a good talent and starting to fulfill his draft position but that particular play isn't that noteworthy.

Quote:Agreed. He was the 33rd pick of the draft. I'd expect a guy picked that high to catch passes that hit him in the hands.

He's a good talent and starting to fulfill his draft position but that particular play isn't that noteworthy.

bingo

Quote:Agreed. He was the 33rd pick of the draft. I'd expect a guy picked that high to catch passes that hit him in the hands.

So he was just standing there and the ball magically hit him in the hands?

Hmmmmm. And I thought he made a play on the ball.

You should go back to your 'expert' QB evals.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He came up from playing  pretty deep and made a nice play on the ball before the TE even made his break.  That's above average awareness for a rookie at his position. 

He also showed a high degree of athleticism doing it.   I'll post a screenshot from the all-22 later so you can see what I'm talking about.  

Quote:So he was just standing there and the ball magically hit him in the hands?

Hmmmmm. And I thought he made a play on the ball.

You should go back to your 'expert' QB evals.

Get back with me when he's wrestling it away from guys on jump balls and showing some coverage skills other than being schemed into position to catch a poorly thrown pass.

Like I said, he's starting to show his potential, but that particular play was one we should expect of a guy picked that high. It's not an exceptional play, it's just the play you'd expect him to be able to make routinely.

Quote:...but how sure are you that he had full possession??

Coulda gone either way IMO

-Jeff Triplette

Quote:He's a good talent and starting to fulfill his draft position but that particular play isn't that noteworthy.
first career INT for one of your young core players going forward on defense, that's noteworthy to me

Quote:first career INT for one of your young core players going forward on defense, that's noteworthy to me

The milestone is noteworthy, not the play.

In four or five years you likely won't recall his first INT if he continues to grow as a player, there just wasn't anything significant or memorable about the play other than that it was his first TD.

Now Fred Taylors first TD against the Ravens was very memorable and noteworthy. That was an example of a play that merited some note.

Quote:bingo
Yall know nothing about the phrase " baiting the QB" do you?

No need to belittle a good play by a rookie DB, I dont see why you have to compare it to an "ordinary" play.

Quote:The milestone is noteworthy, not the play.

In four or five years you likely won't recall his first INT if he continues to grow as a player, there just wasn't anything significant or memorable about the play other than that it was his first TD.

Now Fred Taylors first TD against the Ravens was very memorable and noteworthy. That was an example of a play that merited some note.

All of this. ^^^^

especially the Fred Taylor example. 

Quote:next we'll be posting receiver's ordinary catches for first downs, and LB's tackles for 4-5 yard gains....
Next we'll be prematurely bashing every coach, player and GM that the Jaguars bring in.  Oh wait -  you already did that.  

A rookie safety made a nice play and I started a thread about it. Big whoop.  It just happens to be a draft pick you started one of your classic whine-fest threads about when he was drafted.  So shocked you'd want to diminish Cyp's development.  

Yes, of course we should expect development from a #33 selection.  Well, we're seeing it now.  You were wrong about him.   Congratulations. 

He diagnosed the play and read the TE's route to jump the ball.......how is that not noteworthy?

@Oklahomie : Doesnt that actually show cover skills? Ya know being able to read and react to a play? He wasnt just standing still waiting on the ball he made the correct read and at the least baited the QB into thinking the throw was there then broke on the correct angle coming from far behind the TE to get the INT and still give himself room to pickup yards afther the catch.

No its not a play every safety in the league just makes automatically it was an above average - good play made by a rookie and should standout until he makes a better play.