Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cyprien's Pick - A thing of beauty

Quote:He diagnosed the play and read the TE's route to jump the ball.......how is that not noteworthy?

@Oklahomie : Doesnt that actually show cover skills? Ya know being able to read and react to a play? He wasnt just standing still waiting on the ball he made the correct read and at the least baited the QB into thinking the throw was there then broke on the correct angle coming from far behind the TE to get the INT and still give himself room to pickup yards afther the catch.

No its not a play every safety in the league just makes automatically it was an above average - good play made by a rookie and should standout until he makes a better play.
Careful, these two dont react well to football knowledge.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 05:03 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Next we'll be prematurely bashing every coach, player and GM that the Jaguars bring in.  Oh wait -  you already did that.  

A rookie safety made a nice play and I started a thread about it. Big whoop.  It just happens to be a draft pick you started one of your classic whine-fest threads about when he was drafted.  So shocked you'd want to diminish Cyp's development.  

Yes, of course we should expect development from a #33 selection.  Well, we're seeing it now.  You were wrong about him.   Congratulations. 

how was I wrong about him? I labelled him a Darius clone from the get-go. Thats pretty spot on what he's been so far. Its the career path he's evolving into. He's never going to be a Polamalu type. But he'll be a good physical run support box Safety that rarely gets INT's.  

Quote:how was I wrong about him? I labelled him a Darius clone from the get-go. Thats pretty spot on what he's been so far. Its the career path he's evolving into. He's never going to be a Polamalu type. But he'll be a good physical run support box Safety that rarely gets INT's.

Sabby Piscatelli, right?

Quote:He diagnosed the play and read the TE's route to jump the ball.......how is that not noteworthy?

@Oklahomie : Doesnt that actually show cover skills? Ya know being able to read and react to a play? He wasnt just standing still waiting on the ball he made the correct read and at the least baited the QB into thinking the throw was there then broke on the correct angle coming from far behind the TE to get the INT and still give himself room to pickup yards afther the catch.

No its not a play every safety in the league just makes automatically it was an above average - good play made by a rookie and should standout until he makes a better play.

Except he didnt jump the route. it was overthrown and cyp caught it while running forward. I love cyp btw so dont turn that into something its not.

Quote:Except he didnt jump the route. it was overthrown and cyp caught it while running forward. I love cyp btw so dont turn that into something its not.

I dont see how it was overthrown. If Cyprien wasnt there it would of hit Cameron dead in the hands.

Quote:I dont see how it was overthrown. If Cyprien wasnt there it would of hit Cameron dead in the hands.
The gif is right on the first post of this thread.

It appears to be thrown behind the intended receiver and right to Cyprien.

Hes nice! Still have a lot of work..

Quote:The gif is right on the first post of this thread.

It appears to be thrown behind the intended receiver and right to Cyprien.
Oh thats ok, ill just watch the recorded version on my TV.

Cyprien breaks on the ball when Jordan Cameron crosses the 39 yard line. Cyprien is on the 46. He recognized the route, and ran up to make the play.

There was no overthrow. It wasnt thrown right to him.

Quote:Oh thats ok, ill just watch the recorded version on my TV.

Cyprien breaks on the ball when Jordan Cameron crosses the 39 yard line. Cyprien is on the 46. He recognized the route, and ran up to make the play.

It was not a well-thrown ball.  However, Cyprien made a nice read and jumped the route and would have jumped the route even if the ball was thrown to the receiver.  

Apparently, however, to make a signature play he had to do a triple-somersault with a full twist and stick the landing. 

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Oh thats ok, ill just watch the recorded version on my TV.

Whatever you say man. The GIF is right there so obviously people see what they want to see.

Quote:It was not a well-thrown ball.  However, Cyprien made a nice read and jumped the route and would have jumped the route even if the ball was thrown to the receiver.  

Apparently, however, to make a signature play he had to do a triple-somersault with a full twist and stick the landing. 
This.  ^ 

Quote:Whatever you say man. The GIF is right there so obviously people see what they want to see.

Watch the instant replay after the play if you can, it shows alot more than the gif.

Quote:Watch the instant replay after the play if you can, it shows alot more than the gif.
Ahhh.  Yes.  Here's a GIF from that replay.   Cyprien is giving the TE 12 yards of cushion until Weeden releases the ball. He makes about a ten yard break on the ball from the moment it leaves Weeden's fingers.  That's fairly impressive to me. Guess I'm just a homer.  ¯\(ツ)/¯

[Image: SKtyiv.gif]

Quote:Ahhh. Yes. Here's a GIF from that replay. Cyprien is giving the TE 12 yards of cushion until Weeden releases the ball. He makes about a ten yard break on the ball from the moment it leaves Weeden's fingers. That's fairly impressive to me. Guess I'm just a homer. ¯\(ツ)/¯

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.makeagif.com/SKtyiv'>[Image: SKtyiv.gif]</a>

Cyp is going to be a beast.
Shock the world

Quote:Cyprien made a play there that he should have made. Good for him. 
Shorts catches game winner

TMD not impressed, change name 2 blackmon and don't look like a robot and I'll be impressed

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 07:20 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Ahhh. Yes. Here's a GIF from that replay. Cyprien is giving the TE 12 yards of cushion until Weeden releases the ball. He makes about a ten yard break on the ball from the moment it leaves Weeden's fingers. That's fairly impressive to me. Guess I'm just a homer. ¯\(ツ)/¯

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.makeagif.com/SKtyiv'>[Image: SKtyiv.gif]</a>
Too bad no one will ever respond to this.

I guess a ten yard break on the ball isnt jumping the route anymore.

You just can't make some of the guys here happy. :no:

Makes you wonder what's missing in their lives.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

An interception like that, whether easy or difficult, is just like a big game from a receiver; A good receiver will make all the easy catches just like a good DB will make all of the easy interceptions. It's significant because it's either just a one time flash or it's the light turning on for Cyprien.

That's how we realized Justin Blackmon's talent, and it's likely how we'll realize Cyprien's.

Oh, and he's a lot more productive than Evans at this point, just as I predicted...  :whistling:

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:how was I wrong about him? I labelled him a Darius clone from the get-go. Thats pretty spot on what he's been so far. Its the career path he's evolving into. He's never going to be a Polamalu type. But he'll be a good physical run support box Safety that rarely gets INT's. 

"I pretty much liked the entire draft except for picks 2 through 4. All of the other picks I am on board with. Also liked the UDFA crop we brought in. Lots of potential there."

From your own profile.
  Laughing   Laughing    Laughing 

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It's his rookie season. Adjusting to NFL caliber QBs from the DB spot is one of the hardest things to do in the NFL.

Lets not act like he's going to be like this forever. On that note, I've noticed that you're incredibly pessimistic about the future of players you clearly don't like and I'm surprised that you seem to never change your stance on them, even when you're wrong.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.