Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cyprien's Pick - A thing of beauty

Quote:Too bad no one will ever respond to this.

I guess a ten yard break on the ball isnt jumping the route anymore.

Cyp catches the ball behind the TE, I dont bother responding to it because people here have no clue what theyre watching.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Cyp catches the ball behind the TE, I dont bother responding to it because people here have no clue what theyre watching.

Lol he catches it while crossing the TE. He avoided a penalty of PI while doing so. Yes he is coming from behind him but its not like the ball was thrown into his lap ala Gabberts overthrow of Blackmon in the rams game. People are actling like its was uncatchable or wildly off target. Only problem with the throw is Weeden doesnt have the arm IMO to gun the ball in there tighter and even if he did Cyprien would have set himself up for a monster hit on the TE to possibly jar the ball loose.

If Cyp isnt there that pass hits Cameron dead in the hands without him really having to jump or even reach to far out away from his frame and he likely turns up field for 5-6 extra yards before the inside guy can get him.

Cyp says "This was the greatest win I have ever had in my life". At about the 10 minute mark during the sounds of the game segment, Cyp's comments right after the game. You can feel the excitement and passion surging from him. There is simply zero chance that this game was "meaningless" for him.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...42bbf44fb9

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Very Sabby Piscatelli like, IMO.

Quote:Very Sabby Piscatelli like, IMO.

Haha Cyp is a beast
Shock the world

Quote:Cyp catches the ball behind the TE, I dont bother responding to it because people here have no clue what theyre watching.
Whatever makes you feel better man.

Quote:Lol he catches it while crossing the TE. He avoided a penalty of PI while doing so. Yes he is coming from behind him but its not like the ball was thrown into his lap ala Gabberts overthrow of Blackmon in the rams game. People are actling like its was uncatchable or wildly off target. Only problem with the throw is Weeden doesnt have the arm IMO to gun the ball in there tighter and even if he did Cyprien would have set himself up for a monster hit on the TE to possibly jar the ball loose.

If Cyp isnt there that pass hits Cameron dead in the hands without him really having to jump or even reach to far out away from his frame and he likely turns up field for 5-6 extra yards before the inside guy can get him.
YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR WATCHING!!! 

TMD can't change his pessimistic stance on everything.  If he did:

1. He'd be just another poster

2. He wouldn't be able to post the occasional "I told you so" thread

3. He wouldn't get the attention he craves from anonymous internet people

Huh

Quote:Lol he catches it while crossing the TE. He avoided a penalty of PI while doing so. Yes he is coming from behind him but its not like the ball was thrown into his lap ala Gabberts overthrow of Blackmon in the rams game. People are actling like its was uncatchable or wildly off target. Only problem with the throw is Weeden doesnt have the arm IMO to gun the ball in there tighter and even if he did Cyprien would have set himself up for a monster hit on the TE to possibly jar the ball loose.

Cameron already ran past the ball and wasnt looking at it.

Quote:Cameron already ran past the ball and wasnt looking at it.
Just stop.

If you can't already see that was a play that would make Ed Reed in his prime envious then there's just no helping you.

OK - DeadHorse analysis now that the all22 is out. - The ball was thrown early  (Jason Babin pressuring)  and Cameron was just beginning to come out of his break when the ball was arriving.  He had no chance of catching it really and the ball was placed a little too far to Cameron's left side.  Although it appears that's the direction the TE would be breaking towards in the pic below. You can tell that Cypriens body is even alongside Cameron's as he's leaning forward. 

[Image: hu0d1c.png]

Quote:Just stop.

If you can't already see that was a play that would make Ed Reed in his prime envious then there's just no helping you.
Just let other people talk football for you Oklahomie, your no good at it anyway.

Another good gif 

[Image: FSBegk.gif]

Thanks for the gifs, NYC. They conclusively show what myself and others have been saying through this whole thread.

The full depth of his drop in coverage was to around the 46 yard line and he intercepted the ball which was not catchable by the receiver between the 45 and 44 yard lines with the ball basically being thrown directly to him with no one causing interference with his ability to catch the pass.

It's good that he caught it but not a play worthy of particular note.

Quote:Thanks for the gifs, NYC. They conclusively show what myself and others have been saying through this whole thread.

LOL. I don't know about all that.  edit:  I stated earlier that he broke 10 yards on the ball or something.  It was more like 7.  (4 or 5 lateral  - 2 or 3 vertical)  

I take the strikethrough back.  He absolutely broke 10 yards on the play. Exactly 7 vertically and 3 maybe 4 laterally.  

The impressive part to me was where he was in relation to the TE when the ball left the QBs hands and his reaction to it.  I don't see it as common among rookie safeties but it's not as impressive as I originally thought.   I'd say a very good play by a rookie instead of a great one at this point.  

Quote:Cyp says "This was the greatest win I have ever had in my life". At about the 10 minute mark during the sounds of the game segment, Cyp's comments right after the game. You can feel the excitement and passion surging from him. There is simply zero chance that this game was "meaningless" for him.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...42bbf44fb9
That's awesome.  If those are Caldwells "type", i'm all onboard!

I HATE INTERCEPTIONS!!!

Huh

Yeah, thanks for the gifs. Upon further review, that pick was not a thing of beauty.

It was terrible.

Quote:Yeah, thanks for the gifs. Upon further review, that pick was not a thing of beauty.

It was terrible.
You'd think I'd understand football better after playing it for 17 years and watching it for almost 50 years.

Damn.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

You are terrible at watching football, Rico.

The sooner you come to grips with this, the better.