Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cyprien's Pick - A thing of beauty

He took advantage of a mistake, thats good. Never said it was a "bad" play. Just nothing spectacular.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah, thanks for the gifs. Upon further review, that pick was not a thing of beauty.

It was terrible.
[Image: 4qk5qw.gif]

A pick is a pick is a pick. 

Keep pickin

Pick all you want

Cyprien made a play, and you people are arguing over it? wow......

Quote:Get back with me when he's wrestling it away from guys on jump balls and showing some coverage skills other than being schemed into position to catch a poorly thrown pass.

Like I said, he's starting to show his potential, but that particular play was one we should expect of a guy picked that high. It's not an exceptional play, it's just the play you'd expect him to be able to make routinely.
Still salty your guy Blabbert is riding the pine I see!  LMBO!

Quote:That's awesome.  If those are Caldwells "type", i'm all onboard!
No doubt.  Cyp, Gratz and Sanders  impressed me in their interviews for different reasons individually.  When Gus said they were after "competitors that loved to play football"  back on draft day - he wasn't kidding.  

vote for Cyp:   Rookie of the Week   http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2013/REG/13

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Pres...627e3e181c

So the point of all this discussion was to deride the oP for calling the pick "a thing of beauty"?

Good God..... Wallbash

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:So the point of all this discussion was to deride the oP for calling the pick "a thing of beauty"?

Good God..... Wallbash

No, the point of all of this discussion was to attempt to brow-beat those that didn't see anything spectacular in the play into submission.

Quote:No, the point of all of this discussion was to attempt to brow-beat those that didn't see anything spectacular in the play into submission.
You mean much like you browbeat everyone ad nauseum with excuses for Gabbert for two months?

You're the last one to be talking about brow beating anyone with the lengths that you went to, to defend Gabbert.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:You mean much like you browbeat everyone ad nauseum with excuses for Gabbert for two months?

You're the last one to be talking about brow beating anyone with the lengths that you went to, to defend Gabbert.

Brow beat? I just made my points on him and others wanted to argue.

I was man enough to admit that Gabbert isn't as good as I hoped he could be and that he's in fact shown that he's awful.

Why aren't you and your buddies in this thread man enough to admit after review that this was a good play but not an exceptional one?

Quote:Brow beat? I just made my points on him and others wanted to argue.

I was man enough to admit that Gabbert isn't as good as I hoped he could be and that he's in fact shown that he's awful.

Why aren't you and your buddies in this thread man enough to admit after review that this was a good play but not an exceptional one?

Exceptional for us. 

Good play for the Ravens, exceptional for the Jaguars. 

Quote:Brow beat? I just made my points on him and others wanted to argue.

Give me a couple of months to hammer home ill-conceived reasoning and then maybe I'll get back to you.

Or I have another idea...maybe you could show me where I said it was an 'exceptional play'.

Take your time.

Quote:Give me a couple of months to hammer home ill-conceived reasoning and then maybe I'll get back to you.

Or I have another idea...maybe you could show me where I said it was an 'exceptional play'.

Take your time.

Well what got this all started was my assertion that this particular play was not exceptional.

Since my assertion was binary, we can find that you're asserting it was exceptional if you're arguing my position is wrong.

So why don't you go ahead and man up?

Quote:Well what got this all started was my assertion that this particular play was not exceptional.

Since my assertion was binary, we can find that you're asserting it was exceptional if you're arguing my position is wrong.

So why don't you go ahead and man up?
I've got a better idea. Why don't you GROW up.

Nice 'logic' loser.

Quote: 

Well, since Cyprien has never made any other interception, by definition the play was exceptional. 

ex·cep·tion·al
adjective: <b>exceptional</b>
1.unusual; not typical.

Quote: 

Well, since Cyprien has never made any other interception, by definition the play was exceptional. 

<div>ex·cep·tion·al
adjective: <b>exceptional</b>
1.unusual; not typical.

</div>

We're not talking about what's a typical play for Cyprien at this point, we're talking about what's a typical play for a high draft position defensive back.

If this isn't going to be a typical play from him then that's a problem.

Quote:ad nauseum with excuses for Gabbert for two months?

Oh, if had only been 2 months.  He unfortunately tried to hammer home that steaming pile of fiction for much longer.  Be glad you weren't around for all of it. 

Ding Ding.....Round 2..... Laughing

There is an amazing group of folks here that will argue if I say its sunny they'll disagree and say

I don't know what I'm talking about because its actually cloudy.

On second thought....are you guys lawyers?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:vote for Cyp:   Rookie of the Week   http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2013/REG/13

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Pres...627e3e181c

I love the running gmae tackle in the first part of his highlights.  Perfect form and explosion to the ball. Leads with body and not head, keeps his eyes up looking to see his target, runs through the ball carrier and wraps up from middle to low turning the RB to help prevent yards from falling forward.  Its the type of play highschool and college coaches should show to up and coming DBs.