Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, am I the only one?...

You know...  this is the problem with football replay and rules....   About 3 years ago I wouldn't have even given this play 2 seconds of thoughts.  Now we are flooded with awful reviews that lack common sense and natural continuation seem like "bobbling" the ball when ridiculously slowed down.  I honestly thought they were going to over turn it.  But lucky us they didn't.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You know...  this is the problem with football replay and rules....   About 3 years ago I wouldn't have even given this play 2 seconds of thoughts.  Now we are flooded with awful reviews that lack common sense and natural continuation seem like "bobbling" the ball when ridiculously slowed down.  I honestly thought they were going to over turn it.  But lucky us they didn't.
At least we cant call in after watching our HD 70" tvs and say his toe was clealy out of bounds or the ball moved when he landed on the ground. Like those ppl calling in golf rules on PGA tournaments.

Quote:The ball certainly looks like it is still moving/ not secure as he goes out of the EZ...
The ball looks like it's moving because his hands are moving back and forth...BUT...the ball is not moving in his hands...

TD...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Quote:The ball was moving, but it was in no way' unsecured'. It wasnt bobbling or bouncing around in his hands, but just being passed from one hold to another.

Quote:The ball looks like it's moving because his hands are moving back and forth...BUT...the ball is not moving in his hands...

TD...

Some people just see what they want to see. Sound like anybody we know?

;

;

Quote:You know...  this is the problem with football replay and rules....   About 3 years ago I wouldn't have even given this play 2 seconds of thoughts.  Now we are flooded with awful reviews that lack common sense and natural continuation seem like "bobbling" the ball when ridiculously slowed down.  I honestly thought they were going to over turn it.  But lucky us they didn't.
I think about this frequently when waiting for the ref to review the play.  I think about how many of those Marino to Duper or Clayton TDs would have been nullified in today's game.  I don't think it's making the game any better on the majority of instances, personally.   It is nice to have clarity on certain weird situations though, so I have a love/hate relationship with replay and new rules. 

Quote:I think about this frequently when waiting for the ref to review the play. I think about how many of those Marino to Duper or Clayton TDs would have been nullified in today's game. I don't think it's making the game any better on the majority of instances, personally. It is nice to have clarity on certain weird situations though, so I have a love/hate relationship with replay and new rules.
I would rather they just do away with replay if they are going to be so inconsistent on the calls when using it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:That is why I thought the referee should have said "stands" instead of "is confirmed."
Who.... cares... what... word... he... used?!

You're focusing on one stupid part of the play.

Quote:I would rather they just do away with replay if they are going to be so inconsistent on the calls when using it.

I hate replay in all sports. Its just an excuse to waste time, show commercials and pass the buck.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

The first time that I saw it i assumed that he had only gotten one foot in bounds. I don't see why he didn't toe drag to make it less suspect... I guess that's just how you are when your technique comes from a small college like Mount Union. That being said, I love Shorts. He's my favorite player on the team alongside MJD and Will Blackmon

Quote:How can he move his hands without moving the ball?

Try it.  Grab a ball with both hands and move your arms back and forth, or side to side.  This, as you know, is what happens when one runs (along with the legs, their arms move too).  Is the ball actually MOVING or just your arms/hands?

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I thought it was obvious he caught it, he was holding it with two hands and touched two feet, he then moves the ball to control it as he's going to the ground, but it looked like a catch the whole time to me.  I even texted my friend that was a touchdown, when Simon was being a broadcaster and making something out of nothing.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:....that did not think that Shorts clearly had possession of that game winning TD pass before he went out of bounds?

That was ruled a catch. Doesn't matter what you think.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

It was ruled a catch. Why are we arguing for the sake of arguing? 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:It was ruled a catch. Why are we arguing for the sake of arguing? 

I think we already know the answer.

Quote:[Image: JagsTD.gif]

That looks pretty secure in both hands to me, catch, right foot down, left foot down.... not sure where the confusion is?