Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, am I the only one?...

Quote:It was ruled a catch and confirmed by the referee. Sorry.
....and that's ALL that matters.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Thats not the argument. Sorry. 

It was ruled a catch and upheld because they thought it was full possession.

So then what is the argument? Argue for the sake of arguing??

This thread proves the hypersensitivity of some fans on this board. 

Theres no reason at all for them to not be able to discuss this topic in a mature fashion. 

That's the catchiest catch evar!!

Quote:This thread proves the hypersensitivity of some fans on this board. 

Theres no reason at all for them to not be able to discuss this topic in a mature fashion. 

U mad Cecil had another game winning catch?

He caught the ball and secured it with one foot already down, and then the second foot. I honestly thought it would get overturned though. 

With that being said, shouldn't Cecil try to work on dragging his feet from now on? He took three HUGE steps that weren't necessary lol...

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikePereira'>Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira</a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/407255986219384832' title="1:12 PM - 1 Dec 13">21h</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">Regarding your tweets about the go-ahead Jacksonville TD -- it was a clear TD. What do you guys see that I'm not seeing?

Quote:It was ruled a catch and upheld because they thought it was full possession.

So then what is the argument? Argue for the sake of arguing??

Oh, so officials never get calls wrong, even ones they replay?? 

Gotcha. 

The replay is on page one of this thread. Not sure how it is so cut & dry to you after seeing the clip. 

Quote:shouldn't Cecil try to work on dragging his feet from now on? He took three HUGE steps that weren't necessary lol...
YES!!!

Quote:Oh, so officials never get calls wrong, even ones they replay?? 

Gotcha. 

The replay is on page one of this thread. Not sure how it is so cut & dry to you after seeing the clip. 

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira21h
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">Regarding your tweets about the go-ahead Jacksonville TD -- it was a clear TD. What do you guys see that I'm not seeing?

</div>

Quote:Oh, so officials never get calls wrong, even ones they replay?? 

Gotcha. 

Quote:U mad Cecil had another game winning catch?

Not at all. I even stated that I was pleasantly surprised, but still shocked to see the officials uphold the decision after the replay. I was happy watching the game as it happened. Just stunned it was not overturned. 

LOL< why can't you discuss the play without adding the above crap?

Quote:Not at all. I even stated that I was pleasantly surprised, but still shocked to see the officials uphold the decision after the replay. I was happy watching the game as it happened. Just stunned it was not overturned. 

LOL< why can't you discuss the play without adding the above crap?

It was a catch. What is there to discuss?

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira21h
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">Regarding your tweets about the go-ahead Jacksonville TD -- it was a clear TD. What do you guys see that I'm not seeing?

</div>

If I was tweeting back to him, I'd say that I was seeing the ball still moving.....but I guess thats just me......well, me and a few others....

Quote:If I was tweeting back to him, I'd say that I was seeing the ball still moving.....but I guess thats just me......well, me and a few others....

Did you watch the game or just see the one highlight?

Quote:Did you watch the game or just see the one highlight?

Watched the whole game....not sure why even if just watching the one highlight for the PLAY IN QUESTION wouldn't suffice for this argument,  though....

Wow some of you are weird. 

Quote:Watched the whole game....not sure why even if just watching the one highlight for the PLAY IN QUESTION wouldn't suffice for this argument,  though....

Wow some of you are weird. 

There were other angles. He had possession and two feet down. It was a catch.

As far as I am concerned if Gordon's was ruled that he had control, then Cecil definitely had control. 

Quote:If I was tweeting back to him, I'd say that I was seeing the ball still moving.....but I guess thats just me......well, me and a few others....
Or you could say "thanks for the clarification.  I'm not an official".

Shorts just needs to make certain that he keeps the ball in the same position that it is caught on those close plays.  transitioned the ball to get a better grip which should constitued non-possession.  Good lesson for he and our other WRs in the event we ever have a meaningful game.

Quote:Nah, there seem to be a couple more of ya.

I'm not one of them though.  That's a catch.

I was worried about it, but once I saw the replay I felt convinced that Shorts made the catch.

To my eye, he establishes possession at almost the same instant that his "first" foot touches the endzone, then he gets the second one in. I would have liked for him to have dragged his back foot, but it's really a mute point irregardless.

I didn't get to hear the referee's call though. Was the Touchdown call "confirmed" or did it merely "stand"?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!