Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, am I the only one?...

I thought the referee would say, "The ruling on the field stands," instead of, "The ruling on the field is confirmed." However, the whole time CBS replayed it, I yelled at the TV, "It's a touchdown!"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It was a catch. What is there to discuss?

You know what there is to discuss: why the replay official wanted Bill Leavey to review it and why Leavey said the ruling "is confirmed" instead of "stands."

Quote:As far as I am concerned if Gordon's was ruled that he had control, then Cecil definitely had control. 

Can you post videos of both touchdowns to show us the comparison?

Quote:My definition of a bobble would be a player's hands loosing contact with the ball after the "catch".

That never happened in this case. I think it was a good call.

The definition of a bobble is the player not securely holding the ball when his hands are touching it - what you see when a pass is "dropped."

Quote:You know what there is to discuss: why the replay official wanted Bill Leavey to review it and why Leavey said the ruling "is confirmed" instead of "stands."

Can you post videos of both touchdowns to show us the comparison?

The definition of a bobble is the player not securely holding the ball when his hands are touching it - what you see when a pass is "dropped."

I know!!!

Stands instead of confirmed!?!

What the heck is that guys problem?!?

Refs making up for that defenseless receiver call

In viewing the replay, to me it looks like his first right step should not count as the ball was not secure at that time. His left step was his first step with full secured possession, with his following right step going out of bounds. I am glad he got the call for the TD, but it could have gone either way.

Quote:Refs making up for that defenseless receiver call.

That was the right call. Josh Gordon had to go through the NFL's concussion protocol because it was a direct hit to the head that knocked his helmet off.

Quote:In viewing the replay, to me it looks like his first right step should not count as the ball was not secure at that time. His left step was his first step with full secured possession, with his following right step going out of bounds. I am glad he got the call for the TD, but it could have gone either way.

The question is whether he had both feet in down bounds with the ball firmly secured. It does not matter if the ball was moving when his right foot came down, only if it was secure before he went out of bounds. He clearly did have possession and was just changing the way he held it, as others have mentioned.

It was close... but ill take anything when it come to the jags..

Quote:It was close... but i'll take anything when it come to the Jags..

That is why I thought the referee should have said "stands" instead of "is confirmed."

Quote:That is why I thought the referee should have said "stands" instead of "is confirmed."

You should write the NFL. See if we can't get that bozo fired.

Quote:In viewing the replay, to me it looks like his first right step should not count as the ball was not secure at that time. His left step was his first step with full secured possession, with his following right step going out of bounds. I am glad he got the call for the TD, but it could have gone either way.

I have to agree.   At the time, until the referee made the call on the review, I didn't think it was a catch.  

Shorts was lucky it was ruled a TD.

He is only a protocol droid after all, not built for catching touchdowns.

Instead of focusing on "did he make the perfect catch" why not focus on how he was dominating a top 3 corner all day? Yes he had some drops but his ability to get open is amazing. 

Quote:Instead of focusing on "did he make the perfect catch" why not focus on how he was dominating a top 3 corner all day? Yes he had some drops but his ability to get open is amazing.
Look what he did to Richard Sherman earlier this year

As soon as the ball hits his hands he has possession, something that isn't very common but the ball stops moving completely as soon as his hands are on the ball. At the same time he's already got his right foot down.

It confused me at first as well

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

The ball did not move, his hands did, as he went out of the endzone, after instantly possessing the ball upon first contact as wired also stated, with his second feet landing in bounds.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:The ball did not move, his hands did, as he went out of the endzone, after instantly possessing the ball upon first contact as wired also stated, with his second feet landing in bounds.

How can he move his hands without moving the ball?

Quote:....that did not think that Shorts clearly had possession of that game winning TD pass before he went out of bounds?

You are not the only one.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013, 09:14 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I was concerned about the right foot being down when he made possession. I thought it was a clear catch and possession but thought he could have dragged a foot there for insurance. But yes it was extremely close and probably only held up because of the call on the field.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:I was concerned about the right foot being down when he made possession. I thought it was a clear catch and possession but thought he could have dragged a foot there for insurance. But yes it was extremely close and probably only held up because of the call on the field.

Josh Gordon did not drag his foot either.

I thought he clearly had possession. It's not like he was bobbling the thing like a hot potato as he was going out of bounds.