Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peter King on Gus Bradley

Quote:4. I think if you want to measure the value of a good coach, look at what Gus Bradley is doing in Jacksonville. In the last month the formerly winless Jaguars are 3-1. They’re feisty on defense, imaginative on offense and the thing you notice is even though they have nothing to play for, they play as though a playoff spot was on the line. Owner Shad Khan has to be thrilled with the hire.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/02/nick-foles...terback/5/

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 11:37 AM by The Mad Dog.)

I have noticed that for the most part the team has played very hard and given solid effort all year. 

Credit where its due. 

Thats said, just that alone isn't going to decide whether Bradley turns out to be a good head coach or not. The jury is still out. But yes, you have to like what you see so far. 

Quote:I have noticed that for the most part the team has played very hard and given solid effort all year.

Credit where its due.

Thats said, just that alone isn't going to decide whether Bradley turns out to be a good head coach or not. The jury is still out. But yes, you have to like what you see so far.

Agreed. I love the mentality of the team. They honestly do look like they are fighting for a playoff spot!
Shock the world

It doesn't matter if we pick 1 or 32 in the draft. If we have the right coach he can produce more at the talent level. And Dave Caldwell is no Gene Smith.  He will find a good QB in later rounds if not in first. We will be competitive very soon.

Quote:And Dave Caldwell is no Gene Smith.  He will find a good QB in later rounds if not in first.

I wish people would stop citing the above as fact. 

We DON'T KNOW that either of the above claims will bear out. 

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 11:50 AM by Oklahomie.)

If only we could play all of our games against the other dregs of the NFL. :whistling:

Feisty team, but we have no QB. We can play with other teams that have no QB, but we'll never really be successful with Checkdown Chad or Gabbert.

Already has more wins the Mularkey with a less talented roster.  And still might get the 1st pick. 

Just imagine what he can do with a talented roster lead by a Quarterback who shouldn't be a third stringer.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:If only we could play all of our games against the other dregs of the NFL. :whistling:

Feisty team, but we have no QB. We can play with other teams that have no QB, but we'll never really be successful with Checkdown Chad or Gabbert.
At least Chad resembles a QB, unlike your boi Gabbert.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Already has more wins the Mularkey with a less talented roster.  And still might get the 1st pick. 

Just imagine what he can do with a talented roster lead by a Quarterback who shouldn't be a third stringer.

Well, yes...it is certainly safe to say that Bradley already is a better head coach than Mike Mularkey. :yes: 

Quote:If only we could play all of our games against the other dregs of the NFL. :whistling:

Would you rather them lose to the dregs or beat the dregs?

Third winningest coach in Jaguars history

;

;

Quote:Would you rather them lose to the dregs or beat the dregs?
I would prefer they get the first overall pick. Then take a QB/Clowney or trade down, but at least give them the option to do so.

Beating a couple of scrub teams who are in similar situation as us isn't going to do anything for next season.

Quote:Beating a couple of scrub teams who are in similar situation as us isn't going to do anything for next season.

Wrong. To continue to lose (to 'scrub' teams no less) is obviously extremely detrimental to creating a winning culture in Jacksonville. And changing the culture here will ultimately mean a lot more to this team than where they pick next year.

Quote:Already has more wins the Mularkey with a less talented roster.  And still might get the 1st pick. 

He has more wins than Mularkey, but if he has a less talented roster then that does not bode well for him and Dave. They swapped out over 30 players from last year's team.

Regards.................................the Chiefjag

Quote:I wish people would stop citing the above as fact. 

We DON'T KNOW that either of the above claims will bear out. 

Optimism is horrible isn't it?

Huh

Quote:He has more wins than Mularkey, but if he has a less talented roster then that does not bode well for him and Dave. They swapped out over 30 players from last year's team.

Regards.................................the Chiefjag

You are dense. Gene Smith sucks. Get over it.

Quote:Would you rather them lose to the dregs or beat the dregs?

The dregs aren't what matters. Wins against other bottom feeders don't accomplish anything when your team is also a bottom feeder.

I want the Jaguars to be winning games against other good teams. Once the team is at that point then the wins against the dregs will be an almost foregone conclusion instead of a struggle that requires repeated turnovers giving our team possessions starting in the red zone.

Quote:The dregs aren't what matters. Wins against other bottom feeders don't accomplish anything when your team is also a bottom feeder.

I want the Jaguars to be winning games against other good teams. Once the team is at that point then the wins against the dregs will be an almost foregone conclusion instead of a struggle that requires repeated turnovers giving our team possessions starting in the red zone.

I think it accomplishes more than you probably choose to realize.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 12:43 PM by shangster.)

Quote:Wrong. To continue to lose (to 'scrub' teams no less) is obviously extremely detrimental to creating a winning culture in Jacksonville. And changing the culture here will ultimately mean a lot more to this team than where they pick next year.
You change the culture by consistently performing well or be competitive against decent to good teams, which they haven't manage to do all season. Beating a team just as bad as you are, if not worse, changes nothing. You can't really gauge whether the team actually improves or not.

Ex: this team manages to beat a broken down Titans, but the week after that they got blown away by a semi-good Cardinals. How exactly is the culture changed from that?

Quote:I think it accomplishes more than you probably choose to realize.

Yep.

Imagine all the players in the locker room after a hard fought, come back win.

"You guys played your tails off out there!"

"Yeah but coach that was the Browns, they are terrible...That sucked, WE suck..."