Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peter King on Gus Bradley

Quote:I think it accomplishes more than you probably choose to realize.
Give me some examples.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think it accomplishes more than you probably choose to realize.

Keep choppin wood.

Quote:You change the culture by consistently performing well or be competitive against decent to good teams, which they haven't manage to do all season. Beating a team just as bad as you are, if not worse, changes nothing. You can't really gauge whether the team actually improves or not.

Seriously, how would you know? Did you watch the postgame video of Bradley and the team after the win yesterday? Didn't look like the win meant nothing to me.

;

;

Quote:You change the culture by consistently performing well or be competitive against decent to good teams, which they haven't manage to do all season. Beating a team just as bad as you are, if not worse, changes nothing. You can't really gauge whether the team actually improves or not.

We got trounced by the Raiders at the start of the year. Yesterday we defeated a team with playoff aspirations in their home, in come from behind fashion.

If you cannot gauge whether or not the team is improving, then clearly you choose not to.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 12:48 PM by shangster.)

Do you honestly believe the Browns has any shot going to the playoff given that they compete against the Ravens and Bengals AND the fact that their two best QBs in Campbell and Hoyer were out? I mean yeah, great win against a team that is already broken down. Whatever that is worth.

Going back to my example. They beat a broken down Titans, then got smashed by a semi-good team in Cardinals. Yup, the culture is changing.

Quote:Do you honestly believe the Browns has any shot going to the playoff given that they compete against the Ravens and Bengals AND the fact that their two best QBs in Campbell and Hoyer were out? I mean yeah, great win against a team that is already broken down. Whatever that is worth.

Going back to my example. They beat a broken down Titans, then got smashed by a semi-good team in Cardinals. Yup, the culture is changing.

Question:

Do you think the Jags beat this same Beiwns team weak two of the season?

I would fight a lion for that man.

Quote:Do you honestly believe the Browns has any shot going to the playoff given that they compete against the Ravens and Bengals AND the fact that their two best QBs in Campbell and Hoyer were out? I mean yeah, great win against a team that is already broken down. Whatever that is worth.

How did they get "smashed" by the Cardinals?

;

;

Quote:Question:

Do you think the Jags beat this same Beiwns team weak two of the season?
Maybe, but probably not because the Browns were actually competitive even with Weeden at QB.

Right now they, along with the Titans and Vikings, are just as desperate as we are.

Quote:Maybe, but probably not because the Browns were actually competitive even with Weeden at QB.

Right now they, along with the Titans and Vikings, are just as desperate as we are.

U mad?

Quote:How did they get "smashed" by the Cardinals?
416 to 270 total net yards; 35 mins to 24 mins time of possession.

Quote:416 to 270 total net yards; 35 mins to 24 mins time of possession.

Dude, stop bringing us down with reality.

We're high on the Henne right now. The Jaguars future is set.

Quote:U mad?
Of course. Prior to beating the Titans, they were considered as the worst team in NFL history. Now late into the season, they managed to pick up a couple of wins against bottom feeders and move their draft slot down, and people here think its a good thing.

Quote:Of course. Prior to beating the Titans, they were considered as the worst team in NFL history. Now late into the season, they managed to pick up a couple of wins against bottom feeders and move their draft slot down, and people here think its a good thing.

Yeah. Too bad we're not the worst team in NFL history. Damn.

Quote:Of course. Prior to beating the Titans, they were considered as the worst team in NFL history. Now late into the season, they managed to pick up a couple of wins against bottom feeders and move their draft slot down, and people here think its a good thing.

People think it's good to not be considered the worst team in history.

-GASP-

How could that be good?!?

Especially with new coaches, coordinators, players and management. I'd really prefer they feel embarrassed, ashamed and unworthy of NFL jobs in general.

It would be much more beneficial going forward if they were able to secure that worst team in NFL history status.

Quote:416 to 270 total net yards; 35 mins to 24 mins time of possession.

And the huge disparity was one play. And yet they were still tied at halftime. And the defense/special teams had the team in position to compete. Hardly a "smashing".

;

;

Quote:And the huge disparity was one play. And yet they were still tied at halftime. And the defense/special teams had the team in position to compete. Hardly a "smashing".

What kind of play accounts for 9 minutes time of possession and 150 yards?

Quote:What kind of play accounts for 9 minutes time of possession and 150 yards?

There was a 95 yard play.

;

;

Quote:Dude, stop bringing us down with reality.

We're high on the Henne right now. The Jaguars future is set.

Nobody has said this.  It was a fantastic game and a good win yesterday.  Everyone still wants a QB.  Hell, if anything, these wins piling up show that we could be a worst to first situation if we hit on the QB in the draft...and even if we're not 1st overall (despite the fact that it looks like we still COULD be) we could snag Carr in the first or Clowney+another QB in the second.