Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peter King on Gus Bradley

Quote:Dude, stop bringing us down with reality.

We're high on the Henne right now. The Jaguars future is set.

Ha. Pretty funny considering nobody has ever said anything close. Also funnier coming from you. Weren't you the guy who spent a year telling us Gabbert was the answer?

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ha. Pretty funny considering nobody has ever said anything close. Also funnier coming from you. Weren't you the guy who spent a year telling us Gabbert was the answer?

Now he acts like he was against Gabbert the entire time. 

Quote:Ha. Pretty funny considering nobody has ever said anything close. Also funnier coming from you. Weren't you the guy who spent a year telling us Gabbert was the answer?

No, I was the guy that spent the offseason arguing that handing the starting job to Henne makes no sense. I got a lot of flack for that position from the kiddies that were dying for checkdown chad.

I've seen enough of Gabbert now to know he's not going to turn any corners, just like checkdown chad.

Quote:Wrong. To continue to lose (to 'scrub' teams no less) is obviously extremely detrimental to creating a winning culture in Jacksonville. And changing the culture here will ultimately mean a lot more to this team than where they pick next year.
Bingo.  These bust idiots don't get that

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Especially with new coaches, coordinators, players and management. I'd really prefer they feel embarrassed, ashamed and unworthy of NFL jobs in general.

It would be much more beneficial going forward if they were able to secure that worst team in NFL history status.
Embarrass for coaches and GM? Everyone knew this is their intern year.

Quote:No, I was the guy that spent the offseason arguing that handing the starting job to Henne makes no sense. I got a lot of flack for that position from the kiddies that were dying for checkdown chad.

I've seen enough of Gabbert now to know he's not going to turn any corners, just like checkdown chad.
Except for the fact that Chad has led us to 3 wins in the past month and threw a perfect game winning td to shorts.  Dont' let any of that ruin your agenda though

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Draft position, or not, winning brings hope to a young roster that has not seen much hope in the beginning of the year. Even if its beating the bottom feeders of the NFL, we now have hope to build on this offseason. A good qb will do a lot , but to think that one player will come on a quickly get us to a winning record in a year is kind of crazy if the year before we are blown out every game this year. Winning is infectious. Win now. Trust the coaches and gm in the draft, and we will actually have hope for the future.

Quote:I think it accomplishes more than you probably chooses to realize.
It shows that we are one of the worst teams in the NFL not the worst team in the NFL

Add to that fact we are gradually getting better and I begin to feel positive about our direction

Quote:Except for the fact that Chad has led us to 3 wins in the past month and threw a perfect game winning td to shorts.  Dont' let any of that ruin your agenda though

Agenda?

Congratulations to Chad Henne for being the guy under center when the teams we faced disintegrated.

Quote:You change the culture by consistently performing well or be competitive against decent to good teams, which they haven't manage to do all season. Beating a team just as bad as you are, if not worse, changes nothing. You can't really gauge whether the team actually improves or not.

Ex: this team manages to beat a broken down Titans, but the week after that they got blown away by a semi-good Cardinals. How exactly is the culture changed from that?
So it would improve the culture if we lose. All this time I thought winning was good.

Boy, things have sure changed since I played sports.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Embarrass for coaches and GM? Everyone knew this is their intern year.

Still would be a monumental embarrassment to go 0-16. Nice try though.

Quote:Agenda?

Congratulations to Chad Henne for being the guy under center when the teams we faced disintegrated.
I'm not sure which of your personalities I find more irritating.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Yeah, ok.

;

;

But if it were Gabbert leading the teams to these wins, I guarantee that you would be singing Gabberts praises from the mountain top. No one ever said Chad was the answer but we all knew he was better than Gabbert. You still fail to realize this.

We knew the losers would come on here bemoaning the fact that the Jaguars didn't lose. You know, the "real" fans.

An extremely entertaining game, and isn't the NFL supposed to be entertaining?

And for all you tankers - how were they to go about doing that?

All that moaning and groaning over nothing.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 01:43 PM by Joe.)

Seriously... what Jag fan thinks that Henne is the future?Im willing to guess none of them.

We will draft a Qb where we draft a QB, just enjoy the win.

How many of you tankers own season tickets? Serious question. How many of you goto the stadium on sunday,after spending the money to go, and want the team to lose?

Im guessing 0.

Quote:But if it were Gabbert leading the teams to these wins, I guarantee that you would be singing Gabberts praises from the mountain top. No one ever said Chad was the answer but we all knew he was better than Gabbert. You still fail to realize this.

Except no, I wouldn't.

Now if Gabbert came in and suddenly were playing like Nick Foles I would be wondering if someone had been feeding him courage pills, but I wouldn't be lauding Gabbert for 40 attempts for 195 yards.

Quote:But if it were Gabbert leading the teams to these wins, I guarantee that you would be singing Gabberts praises from the mountain top. No one ever said Chad was the answer but we all knew he was better than Gabbert. You still fail to realize this.

I don't believe that Henne was better than Gabbert before this year.  Gabbert has regressed even below his normal subpar level.  I honestly believe he needs some sort of professional counseling, because the dude has absolutely no confidence in himself whatsoever, and because of that, neither does the team.  He's not the same guy that yelled obscenities at Cushing for a late hit.

Quote:Except no, I wouldn't.

Now if Gabbert came in and suddenly were playing like Nick Foles I would be wondering if someone had been feeding him courage pills, but I wouldn't be lauding Gabbert for 40 attempts for 195 yards.

You are creating your own reality. I don't see anybody lauding Henne.

Quote:You are creating your own reality. I don't see anybody lauding Henne.
Are you really this stupid?

He said I'd be praising gabbert for the same crappy performance that Henne just had on Sunday (40 attempts, less than 5YPA) and I said that I wouldn't.