Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peter King on Gus Bradley

Quote:Agenda?

Congratulations to Chad Henne for being the guy under center when the teams we faced disintegrated.
You were probably the biggest gabbert homer on the board.  Gabbert maybe the worst starting QB to ever play in the NFL.

Henne may not be a good QB but is 10x the QB the gabbs would ever hope to be.  

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Except no, I wouldn't.

Now if Gabbert came in and suddenly were playing like Nick Foles I would be wondering if someone had been feeding him courage pills, but I wouldn't be lauding Gabbert for 40 attempts for 195 yards.

I thought yards didn't matter to you.  I thought it was all about crunch time, and Henne crumbled when it was crunch time. 

Wow how things change.  Who is the kiddie again?

By the way no one wants Chad Henne at QB.  But one thing is for certain, he is better than that other guy. 

Quote:You were probably the biggest gabbert homer on the board.  Gabbert maybe the worst starting QB to ever play in the NFL.

Henne may not be a good QB but is 10x the QB the gabbs would ever hope to be.  

Who cares?

I imagine they had the same kinds of arguments about this back in KC last year over Cassell and Brady.

You're the one that's still stuck on this Gabbert/Henne debate.

Henne is bad, Gabbert is bad. Arguing that one bad is better than the other is pointless. If one of them were GOOD that would make the argument worth having, but they're not and its not.

Like I said, congratulations to Henne for getting credited with a win. I still want a new QB next year. If you don't then you should probably look into psychiatric evaluation.

Quote:Who cares?

I imagine they had the same kinds of arguments about this back in KC last year over Cassell and Brady.

Henne is bad, Gabbert is bad. Arguing that one bad is better than the other is pointless. If one of them were GOOD that would make the argument worth having, but they're not and its not.

Like I said, congratulations to Henne for getting credited with a win. I still want a new QB next year. If you don't then you should probably look into psychiatric evaluation.

Do you really think that people want Henne to be the starting QB next year?

Quote:Do you really think that people want Henne to be the starting QB next year?

I don't care what other people want. I just want the Jaguars to be in the best position to win in the coming seasons.

Quote:I don't care what other people want. I just want the Jaguars to be in the best position to win in the coming seasons.

No way!

News flash : HENNE SUCKS AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT. NO ONE WANTS HIM TO START NEXT YEAR OR EVEN THE NEXT GAME IF IT WERE POSIBLE.

News Flash 2 : GABBERT SUCKS AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT. NO ONE WANTS HIM ON THE ROSTER OR EVEN WITHIN CITY LIMITS.

News Flash 3 : BOTH CAN RIDE OFF TO DISNEYLAND TOGETHER FOR ALL THE FANS CARE. 

Sorry i just dont know what more can be said.

Quote:News flash : HENNE SUCKS AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT. NO ONE WANTS HIM TO START NEXT YEAR OR EVEN THE NEXT GAME IF IT WERE POSIBLE.

News Flash 2 : GABBERT SUCKS AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT. NO ONE WANTS HIM ON THE ROSTER OR EVEN WITHIN CITY LIMITS.

News Flash 3 : BOTH CAN RIDE OFF TO DISNEYLAND TOGETHER FOR ALL THE FANS CARE. 

Sorry i just dont know what more can be said.

Then we're in agreement, why do people keep bringing Gabbert up?

But we didn't make the Fine 15?

Quote:Wrong. To continue to lose (to 'scrub' teams no less) is obviously extremely detrimental to creating a winning culture in Jacksonville. And changing the culture here will ultimately mean a lot more to this team than where they pick next year.
This is the lamest argument I have heard and I don't understand why people keep bringing it up.

Winning against bad teams creates a winning culture?  What does that mean exactly?  What is a losing culture?  Is that when you have a team full of rag tag outcasts who consistently lose to the anonymously evil talented team every year and they give no effort to win because the only reason they keep playing is their parents make them?

Does a team with a "losing culture" collectively get anxiety attacks when they are about to win so they throw the game so they can feel comfortable again?

These players want to win no matter what, as do the coaches, the front office and the owner.  This team is just not good enough to do so.  Not consistently at least and certainly not against teams with a winning record.

A lot of us on here just want this team to be able to compete for the division every year and we know that it won't happen without certain pieces in place, such as a good QB.

Quote:Then we're in agreement, why do people keep bringing Gabbert up?
You are kidding, right?  

You're personal vigil for the guy on this board was such an epic failure of QB assessment - no one that was around to witness it is going to let it slide so easily. 

Quote:You are kidding, right?  

You're personal vigil for the guy on this board was such an epic failure of QB assessment - no one that was around to witness it is going to let it slide so easily. 
He has 0 credibility in my eyes

Quote:This is the lamest argument I have heard and I don't understand why people keep bringing it up.

Winning against bad teams creates a winning culture?  What does that mean exactly?  What is a losing culture?  Is that when you have a team full of rag tag outcasts who consistently lose to the anonymously evil talented team every year and they give no effort to win because the only reason they keep playing is their parents make them?

Does a team with a "losing culture" collectively get anxiety attacks when they are about to win so they throw the game so they can feel comfortable again?

These players want to win no matter what, as do the coaches, the front office and the owner.  This team is just not good enough to do so.  Not consistently at least and certainly not against teams with a winning record.

A lot of us on here just want this team to be able to compete for the division every year and we know that it won't happen without certain pieces in place, such as a good QB.
You know what losing teams do?  They lose and that's exactly what you want.  You don't need a 1st overall pick to find a qb

he wasn't alone, i was very much in favour of starting gabbert behind a decent o line and letting us see what we had in him rather than throwing a first and second into the wind for nothing.  I didn't see the point in starting henne who hasn't really improved in all the time he has been here.

Henne to me is no more than a back up but i hoped we could give gabbert some time, let him realise the pressure wasn't always on him and he would become a franchise qb. He had great arm strength, threw quite a nice deep ball, sadly he saw ghosts and hurried his throws which i believe was sadly the result of a terrible first year where we threw him into the lions den and let him get battered around with nobody to throw too.

Even though sadly it was a train wreck not helped by the same shoddy lineplay as last year i still maintain starting gabbert was the right choice for the franchise at the start of this year.

We can now throw both qbs to the wind and wipe our hands of them happily or keep henne on a reduced contract as a vet back up depending on where we draft our next qb

I know you can't really attach a numeric value or a statistic to this term, but in the previous wins after the bye week, the Jags have passed the "eye test" to be considered an improving team.

Quote: i was very much in favour of starting gabbert behind a decent o line and letting us see what we had in him r
That wasn't the issue. ^  Many of us wanted to be "sure."  Even if it was just confirmation that he wasn't the guy.  Moving on from a high pick should be done cautiously.  

It was all of the meaningless collections of cherry-picked stats aimed at proving Gabbert was 'clutch' or that he threw down field more effectively.  All the while disputing his complete inability to stand in the pocket and make a progression of reads.  Not to mention the incessant repetition with which he threw those "statistics" out there.  It was mind-numbing. 

Anyway   --  sorry to de-rail.   I'm glad Oklahomer is still posting despite the Gabbert swing and miss and we should get back to the topic at hand.  Yet another ringing endorsement from a pretty respected columnist for our new HC. The more I see from Gus, the more I like him.  There's some comedy gold in some of his press conference banter with reporters, BTW  - especially if you catch the live streams on jaguars.com.    

Quote:Gabbert maybe the worst starting QB to ever play in the NFL.

Was Gabbert very good? No.

But do you even think before you speak?

Joey Harrington, Rick Mirer, Chris Weinke, Mike Phipps, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith were all far worse.

How would you tankers know if he was a good coach if he lost every game on purpose?  What a conundrum.

I never thought I would hear you say that (or read you say that... you know what I mean!).

Yes, 5,000 pages of telling us how clutch Gabbert was when he was playing terribly every week definitely deserves to be called out.