Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marks..

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 11:55 PM by Swaguars.)

Guys a monster, I hope we keep him.

Literally only bad thing about him is that he's a former tack. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He is a beast. I doubt we would get rid of him after the production he put out this season.

And does this guy wear a grill or does he have gold teeth? #Swagger

Yeah, I'd very much like to hold on to him.

Quote:Guys a monster, I hope we keep him.

Literally only bad thing about him is that he's a former tack. 
We all rise from the depths of hell at one point in our lives..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Imagine if the guys on the line with him were actually NFL caliber. 

Quote:He is a beast. I doubt we would get rid of him after the production he put out this season.

And does this guy wear a grill or does he have gold teeth? #Swagger

He has gold teeth, they talked about it during training camp in one of the videos on the main site.

Marks is golden

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Marks was a great FA signing.   I can't imagine them not offering him a 4 year deal if he keeps it up the rest of the way.  He's making 1.5 mil this year and the next one will certainly be worth more than that.  

It's a shame they gave Miller a two year deal and Marks only one. I'm sure Caldwell wishes he'd gotten Marks sewn up a bit longer cheaply.   I have little worry - considering our cap space and Marks' comments about Bradley time and time again.   I'm pretty sure he wants to stick around. 

Great find, hes going to get a decent sized contract.

He is the epitome of duval. We need him

Quote:Marks was a great FA signing.   I can't imagine them not offering him a 4 year deal if he keeps it up the rest of the way.  He's making 1.5 mil this year and the next one will certainly be worth more than that.  

It's a shame they gave Miller a two year deal and Marks only one. I'm sure Caldwell wishes he'd gotten Marks sewn up a bit longer cheaply.   I have little worry - considering our cap space and Marks' comments about Bradley time and time again.   I'm pretty sure he wants to stick around. 

If by chance the two sides can't agree on a new contract leading up to the FA period,  being that the Jaguars have a multitude of salary cap space,  do you think there's a realistic chance the Jaguars would use the Franchise Tag on Sen'Derrick Marks?  

I doubt he gets franchised.  He's played well, but he hasn't done it for more than 1 year (heck, even a full year) yet...

The last thing we need is another Mincey contract on this team after 1 good year of play.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 01:15 AM by D6.)

Quote:I doubt he gets franchised.  He's played well, but he hasn't done it for more than 1 year (heck, even a full year) yet...

The last thing we need is another Mincey contract on this team after 1 good year of play.

Yet,  one benefit of the Franchise Tag is it wouldn't be a long time commitment.  

I realize the Franchise Tag has major pitfalls,  including the player potentially withholding his services throughout the off-season and even up to the 1st week of the regular season.  However,  with all of the salary cap space the Jaguars have,    one way or the other,   they are going to have to spend to the point of at least meeting the NFL minimal requirement.   

Quote:If by chance the two sides can't agree on a new contract leading up to the FA period,  being that the Jaguars have a multitude of salary cap space,  do you think there's a realistic chance the Jaguars would use the Franchise Tag on Sen'Derrick Marks?  
Hmmmm.  Interesting thought.    How do they figure that #, again?   Is it the average salary of the top 5 players at the position?   That might be a little high.  The guys at the top of that list are really good and getting paid some handsome coin. 

I'd think he could be convinced to stick around with a 4 year deal  - annual base salary around 2.5 - 2.8 mil per year and some nice incentives for number of sacks, pressures, tackles for loss etc.  (possibility of making around 4 mil per year if he maxes out the incentives)

The tag is probably more like 7 mil per year.  If he had 8 sacks right now instead of 3, then maybe.....

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/defensive-tackle/

Quote:Yet,  one benefit of the Franchise Tag is it wouldn't be a long time commitment.  

I realize the Franchise Tag has major pitfalls,  including the player potentially withholding his services throughout the off-season and even up to the 1st week of the regular season.  However,  with all of the salary cap space the Jaguars have,    one way or the other,   they are going to have to spend to the point of at least meeting the NFL minimal requirement.   
Yeah, that's a good point.   I guess he'd be the only upcoming FA worth franchising.  All others can walk, IMO.

I;m fairly confident he will get a 3-4 year deal.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:He has gold teeth, they talked about it during training camp in one of the videos on the main site.

That sucks, but he probably could tolerate the pain associated with them much better than I did.

What did he say about getting gold crowns?

Quote:Marks was a great FA signing.   I can't imagine them not offering him a 4 year deal if he keeps it up the rest of the way.  He's making 1.5 mil this year and the next one will certainly be worth more than that.  

David Caldwell must have had a good reason not to give both players the same number of years. My guess is he wanted to see if Marks deserves a 4-year contract before giving him one.

Quote:David Caldwell must have had a good reason not to give both players the same number of years. My guess is he wanted to see if Marks deserves a 4-year contract before giving him one.
Yes.  One year contracts are sometimes referred to as "prove it" contracts for that very reason.

Quote:Yes.  One year contracts are sometimes referred to as "prove it" contracts for that very reason.

Gene Smith should have tried doing that because some of our free agents were only here one season.

Back to the topic, I loved how Kevin Harlan announced his fumble recovery after Jasin Babin's sack.

Quote:He is the epitome of duval. We need him
True.

He reminds me a little bit of Mike Peterson.