Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marks..

Quote:Is anybody concerned Sen'Derrick Marks will want to look for a job elsewhere because the Jaguars suck? Or has he made it clear he wants to be part of the rebuilding process?

I have no doubt David Caldwell will make every attempt to retain him if he tries to get away, but hope that will not be necessary.
Nope, he'll just want to get paid.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Is anybody concerned Sen'Derrick Marks will want to look for a job elsewhere because the Jaguars suck? Or has he made it clear he wants to be part of the rebuilding process?

Greg Jones says: "Don't do it bro!"

Quote:Greg Jones says: "Don't do it bro!"

Where is Greg Jones playing now, anyway? I have not heard anything about him since he left the Jaguars.

Quote:Where is Greg Jones playing now, anyway? I have not heard anything about him since he left the Jaguars.

He went to Houston for less money because he wanted to be on a winning team. Can't blame the guy, really, but it didn't work out.

Quote:He went to Houston for less money because he wanted to be on a winning team. Can't blame the guy, really, but it didn't work out.

Looks like Paul Posluszny. He wanted to get out of Buffalo to be on a winning team.

Quote:Looks like Paul Posluszny. He wanted to get out of Buffalo to be on a winning team.

Wuuut? Who thinks of the Jaguars when they hear 'winning team'?

Quote:Wuuut? Who thinks of the Jaguars when they hear 'winning team'?

I swear that is what I read, that he wanted to be on a winning team.

Jungle Cat never fails to disappoint.

Quote:I swear that is what I read, that he wanted to be on a winning team.

Well I, for one, am very glad he was confused enough to sign here.

Quote:Well I, for one, am very glad he was confused enough to sign here.

Me too. Now I am also happy one of the guys in front of him is playing better than some previous defensive tackles.

Quote:I swear that is what I read, that he wanted to be on a winning team.
Buffalo was switching to a 3-4 defense.  He wanted to go somewhere with a 4-3.  We actually had a pretty good one at the time.

Poz has adapted to Gus' new hydrid defense pretty well for a guy that's considered a true 4-3 MLB.  He's batted a half dozen passes, has  2 interceptions, leads the team in tackles (a handful for loss), and has 2 sacks.  (NFL says 1.5 sacks - but he got to Weeden well before Babin the other day - yet the stat folks split the sack between them)  There's a lot of hate for the ridiculous salary Gene gave him - and he is overpaid -  but he's quietly having a really good year, IMO. 

On Topic:   I still hope Marks sticks around.   :thumbsup:

Quote:Jungle Cat never fails to disappoint.
[Image: doUly.gif]

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Too bad we lost Knighton.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Hes probably going to get a contract worth ~4M per year. And it will be well deserved.

He has played extremely well this year. I'd love to see the Jags give him a new contract. 

If they give him a nice deal I think he will be my first Caldwell jersey.