Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Winston Guy's Big Hit

I think they're pretty much even at this point in time. Evans may be a step late in coverage from time to time, but I think he's solid in rush defense. Winston is better in coverage then he is in the rush defense. I think they're both pretty even at this point and neither have set themselves apart from the other. It has made for good competition so far, but I wouldn't be shocked if more competition was brought in during this coming off season/draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought that was a legal hit... the helmet came off so it looked kind of bad in real-time but on the replay there was no head contact or leading with the head... I say bad call.

No pain, no gain.

Bad call.  If Gordon had his helmet on right then it wouldn't have come off.  It was called a penalty because his helmet came off.

Mike Periera said it should not have been a flag, so I think that is all we need to know. Should not have been thrown.

As for Guy, I love the attitude he brings to the secondary. Great find.

;

;

Is there a reason why he was cut by the Seahawks in the first place? Guy seems to be a really solid player and has only been in the NFL for 2 years (This being his 2nd year I think?).

I guess Seattle has so much talent they couldn't find room for him on D?

Quote:Is there a reason why he was cut by the Seahawks
in the first place? Guy seems to be a really solid player and has only been in the NFL for 2 years (This being his 2nd year I think?).

I guess Seattle has so much talent they couldn't find room for him on D?

Not to be snide, but I'm just thinking that Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor being on their roster made him expendable.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Not to be snide, but I'm just thinking that Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor being on their roster made him expendable.
Still could've been a reliable backup if one of them went down.

Quote:Still could've been a reliable backup if one of them went down.

I understand that, but they have Jeron Johnson, a Safety from Boise State and Chris Maragos from Wisconsion on their team. I'm not saying that those guys are both better than W. Justice, so maybe he just slipped through the cracks.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Guy on starting vs tinhorns:

Quote:“It’s a blessing,” Guy said. “I’m very well prepared. When I was a backup I always prepared because if someone gets hurt, it’s always the next man up.

I always prepared myself as a starter.

“It’s going to be exciting. It’s Thursday Night Football. It’s the only game on national TV, so everyone will be watching, so I’m prepared for what will happen tomorrow night.”

Of making his debut on national television, Guy said, “I don’t let the adversity stuff get me. I don’t let the big stage get me caught up. I just try to stay focused on what I need to do.”

I don't know about you - but for me the takeaway here is that he's prepared.  :teehee:

I actually kinda like Winston Guy starting tomorrow night. It always seems like Evans is late on the ball or late to react. Which one do you guys like better to start: Evans or Guy?

The hit Winston put on the the brown receiver in the 1st quarter looked to be a penalty, glad it wasn't.  But I think that lowered shoulder hit on an incomplete ball  in the 1st set a standard for the D.  I really liked how aggressive he played after that non-call.  

On a side note--I really hope Gratz gets better.  The  secondary looked suspect at times last Sunday. 

I'm excited to see how we do Tomorrow.  Of course I won't actually watch the game till Sunday on my DVR.  Can't wait to see everyone's reaction on Friday.

Till then...  Go Jags!!!

Quote:The  secondary looked suspect at times last Sunday. 

[Image: gordon_josh_g_mr_576x324.jpg]

This ^  guy  + 3 starting rookies in the secondary will do that.

(Guy is a second year player but has played less game time than Evans to date)