Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan fires Head Coach

Fulham Head Coach martin Jol has been fired today, Shad showing he will not put up with bad results.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Fulham Head Coach martin Jol has been fired today, Shad showing he will not put up with bad results.

Shad is definitely a man who demands winning results.  

Just curious, did Shad do the firing himself, or do futbol clubs have a GM to handle those tasks?

For a second I thought he fired Bradley.

Quote:Shad is definitely a man who demands winning results.  

Just curious, did Shad do the firing himself, or do futbol clubs have a GM to handle those tasks?
There's usually a technical director whose job is roughly similar to a GM. There's also a board of directors at some clubs which holds some power depending on the structure of the organization. But technical directors don't normally have the power to fire head coaches.

He had what, 10 points this season?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

If Fulham finishes last does it drop out of the Premier League?

I still think we should have a separate section of the board devoted to soccer.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:If Fulham finishes last does it drop out of the Premier League?

Ehhhhhhh, no. Sideline is fine for the discussion of other sports.

Quote:If Fulham finishes last does it drop out of the Premier League?

The bottom three in the Premier League drop down the Championship (tier 2).

We actually have 24 tiers...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_foo...gue_system It's pretty amazing.

To answer an earlier question, It'll have been Shad who did the firing, he'll have spoken to the board of directors first though.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 07:43 PM by PF*.)

Mr. Khan isn't going to be too happy if Fulham drops to the Championship tier. Do I assume correctly that the top 3 teams in that tier would then move up to the Premier League?

Do Fulham players have their names on the back of their shirts?

Is the season close to over? Does Fulham have time to get back out of the bottom three?

Unravel- I was thinking, that given the Shad Khan connection of the Jaguars and the, hang on...the Cottagers that it would be interesting to have a soccer section of the board. Our British counterparts would no doubt love it and it could foster some interesting relationships between us.

Quote: 

Unravel- I was thinking, that given the Shad Khan connection of the Jaguars and the, hang on...the Cottagers that it would be interesting to have a soccer section of the board. Our British counterparts would no doubt love it and it could foster some interesting relationships between us.

Yes. ^  Would be cool. 

Quote:Mr. Khan isn't going to be too happy if Fulham drops to the Championship tier. Do I assume correctly that the top 3 teams in that tier would then move up to the Premier League?

Do Fulham players have their names on the back of their shirts?

Is the season close to over? Does Fulham have time to get back out of the bottom three?

Maybe, but I'm not really convinced that we'd get much traffic. Looking online I find things like

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Couldn't care less about the Jaguars. It's a constant source of annoyance for me that we now have to put up with them all over our club, our website, our stadium shop, our half time entertainment, press comments etc. Wish NFL had relegation so they'd go away.

I tend to agree with you Pluto. I signed up with blood to be a Fulham supporter my entire life, not a Jagwahs supporter.

</blockquote>

and

Quote: 

Just because I have a new Step father  [Image: Khan_you_fix_it.png] I really don't care what his other kids get up to..

as well as generic "Tebow" posts far more than anything even slightly positive.

There's even some mockery regarding our poor performance.

Obviously, one guy's opinion (especially a guy whose buddy is named Pluto) can't be taken to represent everyone's there. Besides, it is our board and no intrusion on them whatsoever, they could come here if they like. There have been several who have come in and having a soccer forum for them would be welcoming and a cool thing.

I know next to nothing about soccer but wouldn't mind following Fulham and the thoughts of our English counterparts as their season unfolds.

I do agree that traffic in a soccer forum would be pretty light but I know next to nothing about that too. Maybe the new JID is a soccer fan? Maybe there's a core of fans in Jax interested in the English PSL?

Quote:Obviously, one guy's opinion (especially a guy whose buddy is named Pluto) can't be taken to represent everyone's there. Besides, it is our board and no intrusion on them whatsoever, they could come here if they like. There have been several who have come in and having a soccer forum for them would be welcoming and a cool thing.

I know next to nothing about soccer but wouldn't mind following Fulham and the thoughts of our English counterparts as their season unfolds.

I do agree that traffic in a soccer forum would be pretty light but I know next to nothing about that too. Maybe the new JID is a soccer fan? Maybe there's a core of fans in Jax interested in the English PSL?

All I'm saying is that there doesn't seem to be much interest. When practically every post about the Jaguars is negative on all of the fansites that I found, it doesn't really bode well for a mixed board.