Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
cutting the cord

Cut off cable over a year ago, but I work a lot so I never really watched live TV much.  I have a leaf brand antenna for over the air HD which is nice to watch away games and Sunday night football.  Also have Netflix and Hulu, actually prefer these because I can watch two or three episodes in a row (who am I kidding the entire season).

I stream with a Roku player and it works good, just installed an Apple TV because it was on sale Cyber Monday and they have the Watch ESPN app if you have a log-in.

My only problem or complaint is that I use ClearWire for internet in metro Jacksonville and it sucks bad.  I really don't want to go back to Comcast for internet, and am afraid of them putting data caps to curb the streaming and steer people back to cable.  Anybody got any good solutions for high speed internet?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Cut off cable over a year ago, but I work a lot so I never really watched live TV much. I have a leaf brand antenna for over the air HD which is nice to watch away games and Sunday night football. Also have Netflix and Hulu, actually prefer these because I can watch two or three episodes in a row (who am I kidding the entire season).

I stream with a Roku player and it works good, just installed an Apple TV because it was on sale Cyber Monday and they have the Watch ESPN app if you have a log-in.

My only problem or complaint is that I use ClearWire for internet in metro Jacksonville and it sucks bad. I really don't want to go back to Comcast for internet, and am afraid of them putting data caps to curb the streaming and steer people back to cable. Anybody got any good solutions for high speed internet?

At and t might be an option. The digital tv tuner is neglected id say: you can get all the local affiliates over the air for free (paid by commercials) in HD. Pop in the netflix machine of your choice and you should be fairly well entertained. So ya nice set up.

I had ATT internet before I went to comcast last year, what a god awful company.