Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
cutting the cord

Sadly there is no online package for the NFL like MLB.tv, but who knows, this may change depending on who is rewarded the rights to the NFL games after the DirecTV exclusive deal is over.  I really hope someone like Google can acquire the NFL rights so we can see an online package.

I have:

Netflix

Hulu Plus

Amazon Prime

Sometimes MLB.tv

All of these combined are far cheaper than cable television.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 08:42 AM by EricC85.)

Quote:How do you watch football games? 

Right now I watch the away games on TV, Orlando doesn't broadcast the home games so I've located another way to watch them, check your PM's I don't want to violate the COC

edit: just saw you where asking NY not me lol

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:How do you watch football games? 

CBS and FOX via digi antenna  and I stream the out of market stuff and just plug the computer into an hdmi.  I could sling it to the apple tv but it hiccups too much mirroring the display. 

You could always reduce your packages if you felt that would be a better way to go about.  Currently our internet/tv is a combined $80/month.  (though that's not counting our cell phone bill, which is $120/month which drives me crazy)

Streaming only is certainly possible, depending on what T.V. Shows you watch.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We have 6 LCD/LED TVs in our house.  We also have the NBA and MLB plan and our average bill is over $200/month.  My solution is direct deposit so I don't have to be reminded each month how much I'm paying.   Been married 16 years and I credit the many TVs for contributing to that .... less talk, more watch.

We have 5 LCD/LED TVs in our house. We also have the NFL plan and our average bill is over $200/month. My solution is direct deposit so I don't have to be reminded each month how much I'm paying. Been married way more than 16 years and I credit the many TVs for contributing to that .... less talk, more watch.

I recently called (comcast) and said I was switching to dish network because they were offering a better deal.  they offered me an even better one.  I took it and stayed.  Only thing wrong with netflix/hulu etc is the lack of sports.  Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with it.  But, considering you post a lot on here, I assume you like sports.  Call'em, they might offer a better deal.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I recently called (comcast) and said I was switching to dish network because they were offering a better deal.  they offered me an even better one.  I took it and stayed.  Only thing wrong with netflix/hulu etc is the lack of sports.  Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with it.  But, considering you post a lot on here, I assume you like sports.  Call'em, they might offer a better deal.

Bright-house out here, I hear you about the better deal. I'm wanting to cut the cord more for control over what my kids are watching then the cost savings in honesty. I've got a houseful of youngins and I'm not liking a lot of the stuff geared towards kids on TV these days. I know it makes me sound wacky but I'm a bit old school about some stuff.

Plus if I can save 100 bucks a month by kicking the cable to the curb I can afford to do more fun stuff with the family. That old saying a penny saved is a penny earned sort of deal.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 10:40 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:We have 5 LCD/LED TVs in our house. We also have the NFL plan and our average bill is over $200/month. My solution is direct deposit so I don't have to be reminded each month how much I'm paying. Been married way more than 16 years and I credit the many TVs for contributing to that .... less talk, more watch.

hey .... that's my story ... :woot:

Quote:Bright-house out here, I hear you about the better deal. I'm wanting to cut the cord more for control over what my kids are watching then the cost savings in honesty. I've got a houseful of youngins and I'm not liking a lot of the stuff geared towards kids on TV these days. I know it makes me sound wacky but I'm a bit old school about some stuff.

Plus if I can save 100 bucks a month by kicking the cable to the curb I can afford to do more fun stuff with the family. That old saying a penny saved is a penny earned sort of deal.

I'm no prude, holy roller, born again anything - but some of the stuff kids have access to is ...unsettling. You have to spend a lot of time watching them watching TV.

I can see why parents have kids watching Disney videos over and over and over ...

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:hey .... that's my story ... :woot:

Not only that...he seems to have lost one of your tv's!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Not only that...he seems to have lost one of your tv's!!!

Check the pawn shops next to stripper bars.

Quote:Check the pawn shops next to stripper bars.

Sammy was missing for a few days!!

Sammy is paying too much for cable...and when you pay to much for cable you steal one of Hurricane!!!'s tv's. When you steal one of hurricane!!!'s tv's you end up pawning it to live it up in a cheap boobie bar and lose all your money to a stripper named Chrystal. When you lose all your money to a stripper named Crystal her "boyfriend" comes after you for trying to pay for a lap dance with Monopoly money. When you pay for a lap dance with Monopoly money you get the crap beat out of you by Leroy and end up butt naked in a corn field somewhere outside of greater Indianapolis. Don't end up naked in a corn field outside of Indy....don't pay too much for cable!!

Quote:Sammy was missing for a few days!!

Sammy is paying too much for cable...and when you pay to much for cable you steal one of Hurricane!!!'s tv's. When you steal one of hurricane!!!'s tv's you end up pawning it to live it up in a cheap boobie bar and lose all your money to a stripper named Chrystal. When you lose all your money to a stripper named Crystal her "boyfriend" comes after you for trying to pay for a lap dance with Monopoly money. When you pay for a lap dance with Monopoly money you get the crap beat out of you by Leroy and end up butt naked in a corn field somewhere outside of greater Indianapolis. Don't end up naked in a corn field outside of Indy....don't pay too much for cable!!

I dunno... sounds like an awfully fun Saturday night to me.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I dunno... sounds like an awfully fun Saturday night to me.

Why? There wasn't a donkey involved!! :thumbsup:

Quote:Why? There wasn't a donkey involved!! :thumbsup:

I've moved on from that phase in my life.

Besides, StooperFan still has the donkey.  Sad

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Well done!

Quote:Well done!

Thank you!! :woot:

I've been without cable for almost a year now going instead with an antenna and netflix, etc.  I've been content.  No espn to watch is tough, but you'd be surprised how little you'll miss it after a while.  

Gene's Myth

HA !!   Great post !!