Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Black Friday

Or, hire an idiot that messes up your prices with a "glitch" online like Wal-Mart did a few weeks ago.

Quote:I think the only effective way to counter this stupidity is for retailers to expand their online specials.  Hopefully enough to where opening on Thursday night wouldn't be as popular or profitable.  I'm not holding my breath, though.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love Black Friday. Great entertainment. I get to watch the news and youtube and see all the idiots and animals fight each other to save ten bucks on a tv.

It's the re-incarnation of bumfights or the bad girls club or something.

As far as myself, I don't leave the house. In fact, I dig a moat, and fill it with alligators, just in case shoppers try to fight over left overs on my porch or something. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I love Black Friday. Great entertainment. I get to watch the news and youtube and see all the idiots and animals fight each other to save ten bucks on a tv.

As far as myself, I don't leave the house. In fact, I dig a moat, and fill it with alligators, just in case shoppers try to fight over left overs on my porch or something. Smile
Digging a moat each year is so amateur. Keep it year round!

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2013, 06:12 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Can someone tell Kmart to stop running these pathetic commercials that looked like they were created by a 6th grader in tv production class.

Their promotion ended at 12 this afternoon and they are still running them.

http://youtu.be/yYTspIT8xjY

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Can someone tell Kmart to stop running these pathetic commercials that looked like they were created by a 6th grader in tv production class.

Their promotion ended at 12 this afternoon and they are still running them.

http://youtu.be/yYTspIT8xjY

there's still Kmart's? :blink: More surprising they have a budget to even run adds.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Oh god, I hate those K-Mart commercials.  So many companies make terrible holiday commercials.  I hate 90% of them.  I swear K-mart found a way to make a sound more annoying than a mosquito buzzing for those commercials.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:there's still Kmart's? :blink: More surprising they have a budget to even run adds.

They are a dying breed, The one on Blanding/Kingsley in OP is always dead, The Normandy store still gets decent traffic.

Overall, I dont see Kmart surviving another 3 years, their store are outdated, and too large.

Quote:Oh god, I hate those K-Mart commercials.  So many companies make terrible holiday commercials.  I hate 90% of them.  I swear K-mart found a way to make a sound more annoying than a mosquito buzzing for those commercials.  

I kinda enjoyed the ratchet Back to school one, but overall they are over-airing them.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Yes!

Me likey.    :yes: 

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2013, 07:34 PM by jagsfreak27.)

Quote:Yes!

I think my computer got cancer from clicking that infowars link. This fool is scolding people for leaving their families on Thanksgiving when he did the exact same thing by going over there and berating them for a few clicks.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Rooney rule. BET. Beauty pageants. Music awards. Colleges. Now a shopping day. I'm really feeling left out.

Then again i getthe Christmas carols which I keep dreaming about. Fair is fair I suppose.

All kidding around....this country has the least amount of off days for workers, low education ratings, high crime, etc etc. some blame family values..did you see the news reports of the cattle pushing, shoving,fighting in the name of a bargain? Peace on earth...my [BLEEP].

Why can't the stores just do what they've done? If they all did the results would be the same. Greed trumps value ( personal not monetary).

What I also wonder about is, how can these sheep line up days, even a week in advance. Don't they have jobs?

Anyway. That's my rant. When I hear about this being a nation founded on Christian values, and witness Black Thursdsy/ Friday, the foundation needs some work.

Merry Christmas...oops.....happy holidays...oops again....happy holiday. ... Soon, just happy whatever. There won't be any days off.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I think my computer got cancer from clicking that infowars link. This fool is scolding people for leaving their families on Thanksgiving when he did the exact same thing by going over there and berating them for a few clicks.

True, but he was serving a noble purpose.

Quote:I long for the days when Sundays, never mind Holidays, were truly special- quiet, no traffic, Sunday dinner then maybe a family activity. Now, like Sammy, I just start drinking about 10AM. 

Oh come on, I don't start drinking the hard stuff until 11am. Tongue

Quote:I love Black Friday. Great entertainment. I get to watch the news and youtube and see all the idiots and animals fight each other to save ten bucks on a tv.

I haven't ever been through any BF shopping scenes like that. I guess it could be because of the places I do shop on Black Friday? ... which would be places like Lowes, Home Depot, "Man Stores". Heck, as far as I know those places stayed with the Black Friday (not Thanksgiving) shopping spree theme. I think the stories, or occurrences are blown out of proportion as a typical BF scene. If some crazy Black Friday story happened in Atlanta, it would be hyped like it is the norm. The crazy scenes seen online, and on the news aren't the norm ... or at least nothing I have ever witnessed. Most people out shopping aren't animals, they are our family members, friends, co-workers ... etc.

I used to enjoy Black Friday shopping (until now), now that it is Black Thanksgiving evening, they have found my breaking point. Instead of shopping, I went to the gun range when it opened this morning. I had a blast and I didn't miss a minute of the Ravens/Steelers game last night. Thought I better practice in case I find myself shopping at the stores Dakota was talking about. :woot:

Bang! Bang! ... "I said that was my DeWalt Drill, Grandma" :verymad:

Quote:Yes!

love that site, that's all I'm saying :whistling:

Quote:love that site, that's all I'm saying :whistling:

Jagsfreak seems to have the opposite opinion. I haven't even looked at it. I just linked into it from Drudge for the video.

Quote:Jagsfreak seems to have the opposite opinion. I haven't even looked at it. I just linked into it from Drudge for the video.

Some of that stuff on there is out of no where but they push the envelope and quite a few times now I've read stuff on there and sure enough a month or two later it's in the mainstream news.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 06:26 PM by jagsfreak27.)

Quote:Jagsfreak seems to have the opposite opinion. I haven't even looked at it. I just linked into it from Drudge for the video.

They're a fringe conspiracy website run by Alex Jones who's audience consists of mostly white, rural, uneducated, low income individuals. He spreads a lot of the nonsense conspiracy theories you hear so often about (FEMA camps, mind control, etc.) I just don't really care to waste time out of my day listening to some talentless hack harp on nonsense that has no factual basis.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:I did it once, about three years ago, to get some kind of deal on a TV at Target and to get an X-Box 360 bundle for a good deal. Last year, I walked into Wal-mart, spent five minutes there, and walked right on out. Went home, waited for Cyber Monday andTuesday, and did all of my shopping that way after I got home from work. It's a lot easier, and the waiting time on the shipping and receiving guarantees that you will have whatever you need in time to wrap up for Christmas.
I noticed you have a battle troll as your avatar. This officially makes you the coolest person on this board.

Congrats sir.