Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Adios, JID! Best of luck in your retirement!

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013, 01:38 AM by Dakota.)

I got to thinking about something tonight.

For a while now, I have given a lot of thought to two ex-Jaguars. Jeff Lageman and Tony Boselli. I consider them both the gold standard for Ambassadors of the Jaguars, along with very limited company, such as Wayne and Delores Weaver and the incomparable Fred Taylor. All are a voice synonymous with the Jags. I think all should forever be recognized as such.

That's what makes Bruce's accomplishment so great. He is right there with those guys, but in a different medium. The fastest growing medium or technology, and Bruce is the "Tom Coughlin" of this endeavor, even to this day, and even for a couple more days.

In short, He is the greatest Ambassador to the Jaguars that nobody has ever heard of.

If I were only a journalism career man, I think I would  have found my headline. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013, 11:19 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:My thanks to JID (and to Dakota, et al) for the board rescue a couple of years back when a shutdown or a loss of the Sideline section was imminent. They were able to negotiate an acceptable compromise and all parties have lived up to their side of the agreement. Kudos to JID/Bruce for listening and for coming to the middle. Classy move.

edit: 

Sorry about that. (my previous post) Was a bit drunk last night, and probably shouldn't have posted. Helping save the sideline was something I chose to do for a bigger cause than me. 

Really is the best board in the NFL, I've visted almost every other board out there, thanks JID! Enjoy the time off and don't be a stranger stop in and say hi one day.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Possibly your best post ever, TMD. It speaks volumes about you.

D6 is right about a fan of another team being accepted here, BTW. JID and the Mods (great band name, Dakota?) have kept it an open and welcoming place- some regular posters are Colts, Texans and tacks fans (Bongo.....for one. I....miss......Bongo) and we can all name them. One of the great lines- Psychops (I think that's it), a tack Fan, was engaged in a battle of wits here during a tack week when Fargin entered the fray and snapped something like, "you can just forget about that, Pork Chop".

Also, the self policing that went into effect when the board was "rescued" has worked well to their credit too. I know I've reported a couple of things (over the line avatars, offensive language or expressions, etc) and all have been dealt with quickly. JID granted the Mods the leeway, discretion and power to make this a great board. 

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Possibly your best post ever, TMD. It speaks volumes about you.

which one? lol. I actually just edited the one above because I wrote it last night after a few too many shots/ beers at the local pub. I think I came off sounding selfish in wanting to be recognized too. Helping to save the sideline was something I did unselfishly for once, so I need to let that stand on its own. This time of the year is pretty tough on me, so I tend to lash out at people and be a bit oversensitive. 

Again, I apologize. 

Quote:which one? lol. I actually just edited the one above because I wrote it last night after a few too many shots/ beers at the local pub. I think I came off sounding selfish in wanting to be recognized too. Helping to save the sideline was something I did unselfishly for once, so I need to let that stand on its own. This time of the year is pretty tough on me, so I tend to lash out at people and be a bit oversensitive. 

Again, I apologize. 

it came off that way, props on recognizing it and owning it.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:which one? lol. I actually just edited the one above because I wrote it last night after a few too many shots/ beers at the local pub. I think I came off sounding selfish in wanting to be recognized too. Helping to save the sideline was something I did unselfishly for once, so I need to let that stand on its own. This time of the year is pretty tough on me, so I tend to lash out at people and be a bit oversensitive. 

Again, I apologize. 

(group hug)

;

;

Thanks JID.  Love what you did with the place.

Hope the next guy (or girl) is just as good.

<3 u JID

Thanks and good luck down the road, JID.