Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why is he on the roster?

I don't get it. I would also take Kaepernick #2 over this guy and I can't stand his talentless butt! Anyways, Why not just bring up Allen? Most likely same outcome and cheaper.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2017, 06:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Its just training camp but Brandon Allen has lit it up over the last few practices. No doubt in my mind Allen beats him out in preseason. I would love to see Allen work with the ones

Day 2 *Blake Bortles looked sharp throughout much of Day 2, and the same was true of reserve quarterbacks Brandon Allen and Chad Henne

Day 5 *Reserve quarterback Brandon Allen had a nice throw in the back of the end zone for a touchdown to reserve wide receiver Larry Pinkard in 11-on-11 drills. Allen closed practice with a touchdown pass to tight end Ben Koyack in the back of the end zone. …

Day 6 Perhaps the most memorable play of the day came from reserve quarterback Brandon Allen, who found reserve wide receiver Shane Wynn for a long touchdown down the left sideline in early 11-on-11 work.

(08-02-2017, 05:51 PM)TJBender Wrote: Kap would be the ideal QB here if you put politics aside. He's coming in humbled and willing to be a backup, but absolutelyI pe good enough to put some real heat on Bortles. Unfortunately, the notion of signing a man who kneeled for the national anthem to a team in a military town is probably a bridge too far for any sane businessman to cross.

As a service member I personally wasn't offended because I know he wasn't directing his frustrations at the military in particular, but more of a general display of dissatisfaction with the way events have been playing out lately in US history.  Personally, him having the right to do that is part of the reason that I serve, so people can voice their opinions, whatever it maybe as long is it isn't infringing on the rights of others.  

I say bring him in because it's not going to hurt anything and would hopefully push both of the QBs.  Kap played well with a solid run game and we would be providing him the best receiving core he's had in his career.  Combine that with the run heavy philosophy and he would probably be the Kap we saw in SanFran.  

I'm also obligated to say that my opinion is in no way connected with my branch of military service and are solely mine and mine alone.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Number 2... seems fitting

Kaepernik sucked in SF. He hasn't landed anywhere NOT so much because of his political views as much as teams just don't see him as a viable option at QB. He flashed, and then flamed out. This notion that he's going to come in and magically save the day at QB, or even create competition for the job is becoming almost laughable. That's like trading a 1984 Yugo for a 1985 Yugo because they added more colors to their lineup. The car is still a complete piece of junk, but the color is fresh.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Maybe they want to push Allen and earn it in the preseason. Allen will get his shot to earn the #2 spot.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-02-2017, 06:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Maybe they want to push Allen and earn it in the preseason.  Allen will get his shot to earn the #2 spot.

That's what I'm thinking.  Same thing with Fournette and Robinson

(08-02-2017, 06:02 PM)archer56 Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 05:51 PM)TJBender Wrote: Kap would be the ideal QB here if you put politics aside. He's coming in humbled and willing to be a backup, but absolutelyI pe good enough to put some real heat on Bortles. Unfortunately, the notion of signing a man who kneeled for the national anthem to a team in a military town is probably a bridge too far for any sane businessman to cross.

As a service member I personally wasn't offended because I know he wasn't directing his frustrations at the military in particular, but more of a general display of dissatisfaction with the way events have been playing out lately in US history.  Personally, him having the right to do that is part of the reason that I serve, so people can voice their opinions, whatever it maybe as long is it isn't infringing on the rights of others.  

I say bring him in because it's not going to hurt anything and would hopefully push both of the QBs.  Kap played well with a solid run game and we would be providing him the best receiving core he's had in his career.  Combine that with the run heavy philosophy and he would probably be the Kap we saw in SanFran.  

I'm also obligated to say that my opinion is in no way connected with my branch of military service and are solely mine and mine alone.

As a service member I am offended by him.  I hope he doesn't get picked up by anyone.

LOL

I'm a s sick of Henne as anybody - and I wanted the team to draft Webb or Peterman -- but what Marrone says about the depth chart more than a week in front of preseason game one doesn't mean much.

Allen could still move up the depthchart.

(08-02-2017, 06:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Maybe they want to push Allen and earn it in the preseason.  Allen will get his shot to earn the #2 spot.

That's possible, just as it could be possible that Henne is actually winning the backup battle as of today.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(08-02-2017, 06:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

I'm a s sick of Henne as anybody - and I wanted the team to draft Webb or Peterman  --  but what Marrone says about the depth chart more than a week in front of preseason game one doesn't mean much.

Allen could still move up the depthchart.

Bingo.  Let's see where the depth chart stands in a few weeks.  A lot can happen.

(08-02-2017, 06:02 PM)archer56 Wrote:

Well I will say this.  As a veteran myself I was very offended by what he did.  I don't know how your military service is regarding our country and our flag, but the military that I served in held it pretty sacred.  Just my opinion, but your take is pretty [BLEEP] up and one of the major problems in our military.

To have somebody that is a current military member say that they "weren't offended" by his actions speaks volumes about what our current military has become.  Do you not have any Honor, Courage or Commitment?  Do you even understand what those terms mean?

About the only thing that I agree with you on is that it is his right and that right should be defended by all means.  Other than that, he chose to exorcise his right of "free speech" that I once defended and you currently do.

That aside, he sucks and I don't want him anywhere near this team.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2017, 07:26 PM by DarloJAG84.)

(08-02-2017, 06:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 06:02 PM)archer56 Wrote: As a service member I personally wasn't offended because I know he wasn't directing his frustrations at the military in particular, but more of a general display of dissatisfaction with the way events have been playing out lately in US history.  Personally, him having the right to do that is part of the reason that I serve, so people can voice their opinions, whatever it maybe as long is it isn't infringing on the rights of others.  

Well I will say this.  As a veteran myself I was very offended by what he did.  I don't know how your military service is regarding our country and our flag, but the military that I served in held it pretty sacred.  Just my opinion, but your take is pretty [BLEEP] up and one of the major problems in our military.

To have somebody that is a current military member say that they "weren't offended" by his actions speaks volumes about what our current military has become.  Do you not have any Honor, Courage or Commitment?  Do you even understand what those terms mean?

About the only thing that I agree with you on is that it is his right and that right should be defended by all means.  Other than that, he chose to exorcise his right of "free speech" that I once defended and you currently do.

I'm not a very patriotic Brit for various personal reasons...

However, isn't this a little harsh? Please don't think I'm trying to pick an argument because I'm not. But are you saying that people who serve in the military should/should not be offended by the same things (on this subject if nothing else)? I don't think whether someone offended by this kind of thing or not is a reflection of someone's commitment to service. You clearly feel very strongly about it and I respect that 100% - but I don't think it's fair to think that everyone who serves in the military should be offended by this. I'm sure you'll disagree with that last statement and that's fine, I'm not here to pick fights.. It's just my opinion.

As you said though, he sucks and no thanks.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Lol this escalated quickly
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I suspect that Henne has something incriminating about Doug Marrone.
'02

(08-02-2017, 07:22 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 06:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Well I will say this.  As a veteran myself I was very offended by what he did.  I don't know how your military service is regarding our country and our flag, but the military that I served in held it pretty sacred.  Just my opinion, but your take is pretty [BLEEP] up and one of the major problems in our military.

I'm not a very patriotic Brit for various personal reasons...

However, isn't this a little harsh? Please don't think I'm trying to pick an argument because I'm not. But are you saying that people who serve in the military should/should not be offended by the same things (on this subject if nothing else)? I don't think whether someone offended by this kind of thing or not is a reflection of someone's commitment to service. You clearly feel very strongly about it and I respect that 100% - but I don't think it's fair to think that everyone who serves in the military should be offended by this. I'm sure you'll disagree with that last statement and that's fine, I'm not here to pick fights.. It's just my opinion.

The people in the US military fight and die for that flag and what it stands for. You wouldn't understand because your flag represents a monarch. Our flag represent the people and the lives that were given to free us from the tyranny of said monarch. Our flag represents the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Our flag represents an ideal that people are willing to die for in order to secure that ideal for posterity.

What Kapernick did was spit in the face of the very institution that gave him the freedom to express himself in such a disrespectful way without any institutional retaliation.

But freedom is a double edged sword. The freedom that allowed Kapernick to act in such an offensive way is the same freedom that allows the free public to express their contempt for him.

Freedom of speech will allow you to make a rear end of yourself, but it won't protect you from the court of public opinion when you do so because that would be violating others freedom of expression.

Everyone is being pretty respectful here thus far, but let's go ahead and get back on topic and make an effort not to venture too far into the political forum in this here football thread.

We all know that Kaepernick's actions last season were divisive. We don't need to hash that out in the Henne thread.

Thank you in advance for playing nice moving forward.

I'm stunned that any Jaguars fan would be clamouring for Kaepernick. We're talking about a guy who was beat out by Blaine Gabbert. I guess it's possible for Jaguars fans who never saw Gabbert play to exist.

(08-02-2017, 09:07 PM)Predator Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 07:22 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'm not a very patriotic Brit for various personal reasons...

The people in the US military fight and die for that flag and what it stands for. You wouldn't understand because your flag represents a monarch. Our flag represent the people and the lives that were given to free us from the tyranny of said monarch. Our flag represents the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Our flag represents an ideal that people are willing to die for in order to secure that ideal for posterity.

What Kapernick did was spit in the face of the very institution that gave him the freedom to express himself in such a disrespectful way without any institutional retaliation.

But freedom is a double edged sword. The freedom that allowed Kapernick to act in such an offensive way is the same freedom that allows the free public to express their contempt for him.

Freedom of speech will allow you to make a rear end of yourself, but it won't protect you from the court of public opinion when you do so because that would be violating others freedom of expression.

For what it's worth, I totally understand. Just because I'm not patriotic, it doesn't mean I don't understand people who are.

My point was that regardless of how patriotic people are or what we believe in, mindsets are going to be different with regards what causes offence. It's what makes everyone different/interesting.

The only thing that immediately offends me is that Chad Henne has been put down as the #2 QB on the roster.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2017, 09:36 PM by homebiscuit.)

(08-02-2017, 09:23 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I'm stunned that any Jaguars fan would be clamouring for Kaepernick. We're talking about a guy who was beat out by Blaine Gabbert. I guess it's possible for Jaguars fans who never saw Gabbert play to exist.

This. Perspective people, perspective.