Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The All Encompassing Thanksgiving Thread

Quote:Got 3 1/2 hrs to kill until the first game.

Speaking of which, got some cool news last night. Found out my brother's regiment will be featured at that game. Why idk, because he's at fort Irwin and it's the packers/lions game. Not sure if they will air much at the game but he said FOX was there filming them for quite some time.

26lber I got till Noon before this birds done

Quote:Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to all you guyz too.

I'm already primed (light breakfast) for the big feast, and Football. I wish I could take a nap so it would come quicker. I bought a 12 pack of Landshark, and when the first foot kicks the ball, I am going to pop the first bottle cap. I have never had Landshark, but remember someone on this board claimed it was really good, so when it caught my eye at the store I figured "what the heck", so if it sucks, I will blame it on you guys.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to you, and your famalies. Smile

Edit: I know there is always 1 weird family member at every gathering, but I haven't been able to figure out which one it is. I will make sure to pay close attention today, and if I can figure out which one is the weirdo, I will be sure to post about him/her.

Usually if you can't FIND the weird family member, you ARE the weird family member :whistling:

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Happy Thanksgiveing    everyone. I have nothing to complian about.  I am very Thankful for everything I have. My health,  both of my parents, my dog.   I'm also thankful my dad has his health.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Happy Thanksgiving from Toronto. They don't seem to understand my desire to leave work so I am stuck here for a few more hours Sad 

Quote:Happy Thanksgiving from Toronto. They don't seem to understand my desire to leave work so I am stuck here for a few more hours Sad

Stoopid Canadians!   :teehee:

But, we didn't get the second Monday in October off, so there!

Smoked turkey turned our amazing. Great applewood flavor. Very moist! I finally got it right today. My turkey I made was completely gone and my wife's turkey was only halfway gone. I WIN! Haha wife! Suck it!

The fried turkey turned out very moist, but the skin didn't crisp up quite the way I wanted it to.

Still ate a bunch though.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Smoked turkey turned our amazing. Great applewood flavor. Very moist! I finally got it right today. My turkey I made was completely gone and my wife's turkey was only halfway gone. I WIN! Haha wife! Suck it!

Quote:The fried turkey turned out very moist, but the skin didn't crisp up quite the way I wanted it to.

Still ate a bunch though.

Are you guys married to each other?

Not that there is anything wrong with that. ... May the best Turkey win. Smile (that would be mine) :yes:

Quote:Are you guys married to each other?

I'll never forget the day we met. He was roller skating across the landing wearing just body paint and a colorful flag somehow attached towards his rear. It was such a majestic sight. I had on my usual. Skinny jeans, a t shirt that said "I've got a high five with your name on it" an ascot and sailor hat. We finally locked eyes and both were instantly hypnotized. He ended up rolling right into a pole and fell. I was right there to his rescue. He was crying and holding his hurt shoulder. I told him not to worry, I know CPR. So I gave him mouth to mouth. Surely, that's proper protocol for a bruised shoulder on such a stud. He asked if he can thank me by taking me to dinner. I of course said yes. We had no cars, so he gave me a piggy back ride as we skated off into the sunset.

Quote:I'll never forget the day we met. He was roller skating across the landing wearing just body paint and a colorful flag somehow attached towards his rear. It was such a majestic sight. I had on my usual. Skinny jeans, a t shirt that said "I've got a high five with your name on it" an ascot and sailor hat. We finally locked eyes and both were instantly hypnotized. He ended up rolling right into a pole and fell. I was right there to his rescue. He was crying and holding his hurt shoulder. I told him not to worry, I know CPR. So I gave him mouth to mouth. Surely, that's proper protocol for a bruised shoulder on such a stud. He asked if he can thank me by taking me to dinner. I of course said yes. We had no cars, so he gave me a piggy back ride as we skated off into the sunset.

It was our love of both smoked and deep fried meats that cemented our love for all time.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:It was our love of both smoked and deep fried meats that cemented our love for all time.

Let's face it, it was more so just smoking meat. We are a shallow couple.

Haha ... I'm not the only loon around these parts. :woot:

Way too funny. Smile

Quote:Haha ... I'm not the only loon around these parts. :woot:

Way too funny. Smile
Speaking of which, did you finally find the weird family member at dinner today? If not, perhaps you can run us through your actions today. Eric is probably right.

Quote:Stoopid Canadians!   :teehee:

But, we didn't get the second Monday in October off, so there!

Neither did I, had a project going out. And Canadians are supposed to be super nice. Pure evil if you ask me

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2013, 05:58 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

What the heck happened to the other thanksgiving day thread?

edit* I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

My fried turkey cooked a little strangely.  One leg of the turkey wasn't cooked as thoroughly as the rest of the bird.  I always check the temp in the leg joint (not touching bone) to determine if it's done.  If it reads 180, out it comes.  Well, when I checked one side it was around 160, but the other was reading over 180.  Hmm, so I checked the breasts and they were reading around 170.  The thing had to come out or I risked over cooking it.  Thinking it was just a bad reading, I pulled it out and let it rest.  I just happened to carve on the side that was reading the proper temp and all was well, but later on when trimming it down for leftover storage I found the joint on the low reading side wasn't completely done.  Weird.  I've never had that happen before and I'm clueless as to how it could happen.  

Must be that Chinese-made oil I got from Walmart.  Wink

Quote:My fried turkey cooked a little strangely.  One leg of the turkey wasn't cooked as thoroughly as the rest of the bird.  I always check the temp in the leg joint (not touching bone) to determine if it's done.  If it reads 180, out it comes.  Well, when I checked one side it was around 160, but the other was reading over 180.  Hmm, so I checked the breasts and they were reading around 170.  The thing had to come out or I risked over cooking it.  Thinking it was just a bad reading, I pulled it out and let it rest.  I just happened to carve on the side that was reading the proper temp and all was well, but later on when trimming it down for leftover storage I found the joint on the low reading side wasn't completely done.  Weird.  I've never had that happen before and I'm clueless as to how it could happen.  

Do you keep your fridge super cold? We keep ours really cold and it has spots where some things start to ice up. Only thing I can think of that could cause that would be that legs temp was colder going in than the other. So I'm thinking when thawing in fridge that leg was not thawing as much. Other than that, idk. Def a mystery.

Quote:My fried turkey cooked a little strangely.  One leg of the turkey wasn't cooked as thoroughly as the rest of the bird.  I always check the temp in the leg joint (not touching bone) to determine if it's done.  If it reads 180, out it comes.  Well, when I checked one side it was around 160, but the other was reading over 180.  Hmm, so I checked the breasts and they were reading around 170.  The thing had to come out or I risked over cooking it.  Thinking it was just a bad reading, I pulled it out and let it rest.  I just happened to carve on the side that was reading the proper temp and all was well, but later on when trimming it down for leftover storage I found the joint on the low reading side wasn't completely done.  Weird.  I've never had that happen before and I'm clueless as to how it could happen.  

It was the Chinese made turkey!! :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

What was the age of the Chick, I'm pretty sure you can cross reference species of the female variety. She may have had hot flashes from menopause, and when she rolls over, the other side is always colder (Always). If you expect my help, you are going to need to post more details about the breast exam ... the breast were 170 degrees, or they read 170 words per minute? That part was very confusing ... "The Thing Had To Come Out"? (those are your words, not mine) Out of what?

You would be much wiser next year to purchase your Chick on the street corner like the rest of us. Black Friday deals are unbeatable ... You can even get 2 for 1 in some areas. Then again, age does seem to play a factor into the pricing. 2 old Hens are still cheaper than a healty Chick that doesn't have that mental pause disease. :blink:

Quote: 

<div>What was the age of the Chick, I'm pretty sure you can cross reference species of the female variety. She may have had hot flashes from menopause, and when she rolls over, the other side is always colder (Always). If you expect my help, you are going to need to post more details about the breast exam ... the breast were 170 degrees, or they read 170 words per minute? That part was very confusing ... "The Thing Had To Come Out"? (those are your words, not mine) Out of what?

You would be much wiser next year to purchase your Chick on the street corner like the rest of us. Black Friday deals are unbeatable ... You can even get 2 for 1 in some areas. Then again, age does seem to play a factor into the pricing. 2 old Hens are still cheaper than a healty Chick that doesn't have that mental pause disease. :blink:

</div>

Hmm...perhaps if I truss it up in a gimp suit and use baby oil next year...

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2013, 09:39 PM by homebiscuit.)

Quote:Do you keep your fridge super cold? We keep ours really cold and it has spots where some things start to ice up. Only thing I can think of that could cause that would be that legs temp was colder going in than the other. So I'm thinking when thawing in fridge that leg was not thawing as much. Other than that, idk. Def a mystery.

It was completely thawed.  It has to be to rub and inject it.

Uh, oh.  Sammy is looking over here again.   Smile