Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To All you Tankers Pt 2

I see the previous thread has been locked just when it was getting juicy. Not everyone was acting childish mods only 1 poster and there was actually some good back and forth going on.

How about locking out the poster who completely derailed the thread and went on a tirade of insults and childish babble about  morality and not the ones who were actually trying to discuss teams tanking in the past and the question of whether or not teams tank in general.

That said everyone discuss the Jags possibly tanking and if that benefits them in the long run. As a side topic is anyone else starting to get the feeling the Texans are trying to out tank us for Teddy? They have a loaded roster and have turned their backs on Schaub. All they need is a QB to be set so the idea isnt that farfetched.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Do I want to lose intentionally?  Absolutely not.  The idea is awful.

Do I want us to win? Absolutely.

Ugh, this season is giving me schitzophrenia.  I want us to improve as a team, but not enough to not get the #1 pick.  I enjoy the wins, but also recognize that they might be ultimately detrimental to the franchise.  Oy.

[Image: The-Office-I-just-want-it-to-stop.gif]

This thread should accomplish all the great things the other failed to accomplish. I see nothing but good things coming out of this.

;

;

@Jaguar Kick : Thats pretty close to my sentiment i just wouldnt be above them losing a game on purpose at the end of a 2-13 season if if meant ending 2-14 with the #1 pick vs 3-13 with the # 4 pick depending on ties and what not.

We really should have thrown the final game of 2011 and no one can even convince me it helped us in any way shape or form. While 2 other teams breathed lif into their franchise we fell completely apart and that win did nothing to build a "winning culture" as we had our feanchises worst season the following year.

Jagwired is a child. Can't even debate his point like an adult.

54 pages I think the topic has been discussed.........

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Jagwired is a child. Can't even debate his point like an adult.

He's also not even in this thread yet, but way to try to troll him into ANOTHER pointless argument.

@Ninja, I would definitely be against the team throwing a game at the end of the year.  Maybe it's my competitiveness, but that would make me pretty sick to my stomach.  I just want us to get better while still sucking, lol.  Stupid crappy season.

No one wants to lose. This team has been losing since 2007. We have been through a lot. Shacks downfall. We all thought he was bad, boy were we in for a surprise. Gene Smith, took our team, overhauled it and made it into one of the worst teams ever assembled. I'm ready for atleast a competitive season.

We can't win without a QB. It's that simple. This league has changed. It's QB driven. One QB can change even this bad roster into a competitive team. Am I saying playoffs next year? No but if bridgewater is anything like they say, 8-8 is not out of the question. And huge improvement from these last two years.

We are bad enough we're are in position to draft a franchise player. We just made it harder on ourselves with this win. I don't cheer for losses, but at this point, we have nothing to gain from wins and only draft stock to lose, delaying yet again what this team needs.

Call me a tanker, but when we are able to sit and debate football again normally, and talk of postseason, nobody will be happier

Quote:He's also not even in this thread yet, but way to try to troll him into ANOTHER pointless argument.

@Ninja, I would definitely be against the team throwing a game at the end of the year.  Maybe it's my competitiveness, but that would make me pretty sick to my stomach.  I just want us to get better while still sucking, lol.  Stupid crappy season.

If we win any more games, bridgewater and possibly second QB off board

NO