Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cheese Nachos

I love the Taco Bell cheese (sauce?) they use for their nachos. Is anyone else a nachos fan - and if you are - what kind do you purchase at the store?.....is there any brand you can get at the supermarket that will have a similar taste/ consistency as the cheese you get at the Taco Bell?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 03:18 PM by Scarecrow.)

People still eat Taco Bell? Two and a half years ago I would eat Taco Bell on the regular. I can't think of a time that I've ate it since. I won't eat there. It's not just there, McDonald's, BK, many other 'fastfood' restaurants could be added to the list. Though I'm hesitant to call much of it food.

As far as nachos, I love them! One of my favorite foods. I eat them once a week at our local mexican restaurant. Grilled chicken nachos. They're a little plate of heaven.

That ain't cheese bro

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 03:33 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Grrrr.......so glad someone could help me out here, in trying to find a good cheese sauce to melt over the nachos..... :angry:

A teaspoon of flour, teaspoon butter, 2 cups cheese(Qeuso or Cheddar), 1 cup milk!

Quote:Grrrr.......so glad someone could help me out here, in trying to find a good cheese sauce to melt over the nachos..... :angry:

If you want to make it easy on yourself.  Get some velveeta, add a can of rotel, melt.  Good stuff.

The post by tylergabbert is pretty good too.  You can add/subtract milk depending on how thick you want it.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 04:34 PM by WingerDinger.)

The thing with that velveta stuff is it starts to congeal fast when it cools. So i use that Ragu cheddar cheese sauce found in the spaghetti sauce isle.. Good stuff..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:The thing with that velveta stuff is it starts to congeal fast when it cools. So i use that Ragu cheddar cheese sauce found in the spaghetti sauce isle.. Good stuff..

Yeah, thats the good thing about the Taco Bell cheese, it stays pretty much the same consistency during the entire nachos eating experience.....yes, I know, "it ain't cheese, bro"....but whatever it is, goes well with those chips and it tastes like cheese, so thats good enough for me!! :yes: 

Quote:Yeah, thats the good thing about the Taco Bell cheese, it stays pretty much the same consistency during the entire nachos eating experience.....yes, I know, "it ain't cheese, bro"....but whatever it is, goes well with those chips and it tastes like cheese, so thats good enough for me!! :yes:

From the taco bell web site.

Nacho Cheese Sauce*
Nonfat milk, Cheese Whey, Canola Oil, Modified Food Starch, Cheddar Cheese (Cultured Milk, Salt, Enzymes), Maltodextrin, Natural Flavors, Contains Less Than 1% of: Sea Salt, Jalapeno Puree, Potassium Phosphate, Vinegar, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Lactic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Caseinate, Citric Acid, Color Added (Including Yellow #6), Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Cellulose Gum. CONTAINS: MILK

Like a little cheese with your whine?

Tongue

[Image: img_kbVaDR.jpg]

My first thought when I saw this thread

Here is a quick & tasty dip ... heat a couple packs of cream cheese, add about a third as much salsa ... mix & chill.

I like to add a dash of onion powder, a bit of jalapeno juice&peppers (very lightly), but you can take this dish to any gathering, and it won't last long. Spice it up how you like it.

Oh, and Whiskey, lots of Whiskey with a LandShark chaser. :woot:

Quote:[Image: img_kbVaDR.jpg]

My first thought when I saw this thread

Yes they do!

Nachos are delicious.

I have no idea about Taco Bell and their Nachos...but I am going to get Nachos tomorrow.

Get the stuff in the can near the tortillas and the mexican food stuff.  That cheese is the best. 

Quote:Get the stuff in the can near the tortillas and the mexican food stuff.  That cheese is the best. 

a little less vague??

Brand??

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 08:33 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

I make my own queso usually. I cook up some chorizo and onions add some spinach and a little Tecate. And then turn down the heat and add a heap of any kind of shredded cheese. Just keep mixing and it's awesome.

Quote:People still eat Taco Bell? Two and a half years ago I would eat Taco Bell on the regular. I can't think of a time that I've ate it since. I won't eat there. It's not just there, McDonald's, BK, many other 'fastfood' restaurants could be added to the list. Though I'm hesitant to call much of it food.

As far as nachos, I love them! One of my favorite foods. I eat them once a week at our local mexican restaurant. Grilled chicken nachos. They're a little plate of heaven.

There a place here in Jax that serves fajita nachos...OMG!! Banana
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I make my own queso usually. I cook up some chorizo and onions add some spinach and a little Tecate. And then turn down the heat and add a heap of any kind of shredded cheese. Just keep mixing and it's awesome.

Do use the apron that opens in the front, or the back?

Quote:There a place here in Jax that serves fajita nachos...OMG!! Banana

It has to do with how far south you are. :woot:

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 09:41 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:Do use the apron that opens in the front, or the back?

Actually, I don't use an apron. I use...hey, wait a second. You makin' fun of me???