Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cheese Nachos

Quote:Actually, I don't use an apron. I use...hey, wait a second. You makin' fun of me???

Dang, you do have a pulse after all. Wink

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:a little less vague??

Brand??

Don't know the brand.  I just know it is good.  It is in a green can I think.  I haven't bought in a while, but I know it is good.  I just grab it and go.  Don't even bother reading the brand. 

Quote:Don't know the brand.  I just know it is good.  It is in a green can I think.  I haven't bought in a while, but I know it is good.  I just grab it and go.  Don't even bother reading the brand. 

well, um.....if you don't tell me the name of what it is you're talking about then how am I supposed to be able to find it and buy it to try it out?? Wallbash 

Quote:Do use the apron that opens in the front, or the back?

It has to do with how far south you are. :woot:

He ONLY wears the apron...nothing else! So it has to be open in the back! :thumbsup:

You saying fajita nachos don't sound good??? :angry:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Always wanted a Nacho Hat..

[Image: 2quhe6r.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

^needs sour cream 

I made Chili Con Queso the other day in the Crock Pot; turned out pretty good, at least to my tastes. Here's how I did it, Ingredients first:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">One pound of Italian Sausage without the casing.You can usually find the "unwrapped" kind in the Meat Cooler but if not just cut open the casings on the link style. I used Sweet for this particular dish because there were little ones that were going to eat it and they might not like the spice. If it's a growns ups dish, use the Hot.

<p style="text-align:center;margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Half an Onion, sliced.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Two cans of Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles. These come in different "heat" levels as well, so pick your spice level.

<p style="text-align:center;margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">One "brick" of cream cheese. Important tip, do not use an actual brick for this part.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Two cups of shredded cheese, Cheddar will do nicely.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">One packet of Chili seasonings, your choice. An alternative that I use which adds better flavor is Taco Seasoning. The Cumin gives a flavor that some chili seasonings just don't have.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Slow Cooker "bags". These help a ton with cleanup. Super handy.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Chips of an appropriate nature.

Method:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Wash a knife and a cutting board and grab the onion. Slice it into rings and lay the rings on the bottom of the cooker.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"Shred" the sausage -- you can use a fork or your hands -- and layer the crock pot.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Make use of a can opener and pop the top on the Ro-Tel, pour both cans into the cooker.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Rip the top off of whatever seasoning you have and cover the top of the sausage.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Set the Cooker to "High" and let it do it's magic for the next three hours. In about two hours, take the brick of cream cheese out of the 'frige and set it on the counter. You want it to soften a bit before you put it into the cooker.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">After the brick is less "brick-ish", put it into the cooker and stir, and set the cooker to "Low". The cheese should break down a bit, but that's okay. Wait 30 minutes or so and then top with the Cheddar Cheese. Let this sit for an hour so that the cheddar melts and fuses into a large, lactosian mass.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Take off your top and serve via chips.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Don't let Rico drink all your beer.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Don't let Rico drink all your beer.
This step is crucial.

Quote:This step is crucial.

Almost as important as not using an actual brick. Almost.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Taco Bell nacho cheese? You poor poor soul.

I'd like to venture that my area has the best mexican cuisine in the United States.

All kidding aside, I think Tostitos makes a nacho cheese that might be pretty close.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/05/taste...-best.html

Quote:Almost as important as not using an actual brick. Almost.

Obviously I haven't been paying close enough attention to all of the threads.

Well of course I'd drink your beers.  I'm breathing aren't I?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I don't eat at Toxic Smell for purely health reasons. Many years ago I got food poisoning at one, then about 4 years later tried it again and got food poisoning again.

Make your own, and experiment with different cheeses. You can buy #10 cans of the nacho cheese sauce at any supermarket, then add your favorite ingredients to spice it up whatever way you want. Add shrimp, onions, black beans, crab meat, pulled pork, sauteed mushrooms, jalapenos, green onions or any other item to it. Surely you can come up with something better than Toxic Smell.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

I've never gotten sick at Taco Bell, although I don't eat there regularly. I just know I like their cheese nachos and gorditas. Mmmmmm, I don't care what anyone says. 

Whats a "#10" can of cheese sauce??

Quote:I've never gotten sick at Taco Bell, although I don't eat there regularly. I just know I like their cheese nachos and gorditas. Mmmmmm, I don't care what anyone says.

Whats a "#10" can of cheese sauce??
Pretty sure the cheese is tweeting. Duh!

Maybe it's a big ten pound can.

Very simple recipe that I use for tailgating.

Two small Mexican bricks of Velveeta

One brick of Philly Cream Cheese

One or two cans of chili, depending on how thick you want it

Diced jalepnos

Just put it in the oven until it's all melted and stir that baby up.

Quote:From the taco bell web site.

Nacho Cheese Sauce*
Nonfat milk, Cheese Whey, Canola Oil, Modified Food Starch, Cheddar Cheese (Cultured Milk, Salt, Enzymes), Maltodextrin, Natural Flavors, Contains Less Than 1% of: Sea Salt, Jalapeno Puree, Potassium Phosphate, Vinegar, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Lactic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Caseinate, Citric Acid, Color Added (Including Yellow #6), Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Cellulose Gum. CONTAINS: MILK

That's where the magic happens.  

Quote:That's where the magic happens.
You know. I just can't get enough sodium stearoyl lactylate.

Quote:You know. I just can't get enough sodium stearoyl lactylate.

I remember how mom used to slave over a hot bunsen burner and a 500 ml volumetric flask to get hers just right. 

Quote:I remember how mom used to slave over a hot bunsen burner and a 500 ml volumetric flask to get hers just right.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Can I come over for Thanksgiving?

Quote:My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Can I come over for Thanksgiving?

If you don't mind eating prison food.  Tomorrow is family visitation day at the state pen.  It seems mom was good at cooking other "recipes".